Recommendations please!

ajr1030

My friends, I’m so excited to be joining this community. Got everything I need for my first grow. My Viparspectra 600w LED just came in and it’s set up in my 4x4x80 grow tent sitting pretty. So my question to you guys is does anyone recommend a particular strand for a rookie? I’m going to try and grow 3 plants in 10 gallon grow bags. One each of indica sativa and hybrid. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time!

1- i have the same light and tent setup (im on my first grow) v600 give a recommended coverage of only 2.5ft x 2.5ft for flowering
2- somebody told me its easier to start with only 1 strain since even within the same strain plant are different

Pretty much have the same startup setup I had :thumb: (used 2 Viparspectra 600w)

I only have one grow under my belt personally I would suggest

Indica - Black Domina (Sensi Seeds)
Nice body sedation, slight sleepy, and slight harsh peppery like taste. It was one of the best results I had in my first grow and it took some big hurdles with ease. Had a mite infestation with a clone I got but they never got close to this and we’re sitting right beside them. Also had a rough start but rebounded beautifully. Will need to defoliate the plant often as these fan leaves can get pretty huge
D684C758-6D4A-41A2-8B5E-2F2023953CFE.jpegDDF85CFF-BCC2-483B-8DE2-8CB6A1FB0AF1.jpegC0E6D80C-6ED5-4ABF-A29D-EC0A548BCC70.jpeg

Hybrid - Cinderella 99
Funny thing about that clone. It was a clone of Cinderella 99 plant that my cousin got from a friend and sent some dried product back to try too. I loved the mellow mode it brought me too, it also made me snacky for sweets (caramel is amazing) Plus what it does for colours while watching a movie is amazing. Especially mesmerizing when watching a 3D movie on my projector setup at home. No idea who the seeds came from but I’m hoping Female Seeds comes close with their version of the strain with my current grow
A2AE78C8-65E2-4746-B758-9AF6739A0636.jpeg

Sativa - don’t know as I haven’t tried to grow or vape yet

Might want a second light so you can adjust height placements as the plants grow. Sativa's will normally grow taller than a squatty indica. Is your viva pulling 600w from the wall or the 600w "equivalent"? 3 plants in a 4x4 could use a lot more light if you give it to them.

Might want a second light so you can adjust height placements as the plants grow. Sativa's will normally grow taller than a squatty indica. Is your viva pulling 600w from the wall or the 600w "equivalent"? 3 plants in a 4x4 could use a lot more light if you give it to them.
I have no idea that’s just how it came in. I’ve only ever turned it in just to see if it works lol

If you are going to grow autoflowers in 10 gallon bags your 600W LED won't cover the 2.5x2.5 area. If you are not going to grow autoflowers, don't put them in 10 gallon bags. Start them in small pots and/or rapid rooters then up pot them as they grow.

In smaller pots they require less of a footprint (e.g. 2.5x2.5) and could work conceivably just fine under the one light for some time.

I recommend the MARS TS-1000. Its dimmable and should come close to covering the remaining area of your tent, It runs $130 USD. Ask @SmokeSara for a recommendation. She's our awesome rep here from MARS.

Do you think I could get away with that light for now during veg and then add the second during flower?
Exactcly what im doing right now here 2 info about veg coverage and setting on v600

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-214416_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-214416_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20190502-214406_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190502-214406_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 47
My advice is to repeat after me:

I WILL WAIT FOR THE TRICHOMES TO SWELL.

Back