Recommendations please?

Mrgrower221

420 Member
22E81D35-60D3-48A5-8431-9789D114A9AE.jpeg

Hi all

just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I started with a biobizz light mix transferred into bigger pots with biobizz all mix. These are about 3 weeks old from seed. I’ve just been giving them water morning and night. Wondering if I can add any nutrients ex. Biobizz (biogrow) ? Or keep on just water for abit longer ? Any help

High & Welcome to 420 Mag. I agree with Vet. Especially on the watering part. You should only be watering about once every 3 - 4 days with plants that size. Water till you get water out the bottom of the pot / Runoff. Then wait till you see your leaves start to droop before you water again.

Welcome Mrgrower221, check out the Bio Biz website. They have a schedule with all the info on it. They say once you get a certain amount of leaves it's time to feed.
I never was able to grow anything in that soil. Every plant sprouted & died within a week. Changed to FFOF & never had an issue again. That soil seems to need special treatment to me. I didn't like it. But several have good grows with it so I guess it can grow weed.

I never was able to grow anything in that soil. Every plant sprouted & died within a week. Changed to FFOF & never had an issue again. That soil seems to need special treatment to me. I didn't like it. But several have good grows with it so I guess it can grow weed.
They have a pretty informative site so maybe Mrgrower can get a handle on it. They say 6.2 to 6.5 ph so it's confusing. I thought it was coco, but they grow in it like soil?

Nah it's not coco mate.
Like @Buds Buddy mentioned, I'd figure the watering different. There's a pair of good watering links in my sig below. Check them out. I say this not because of your plants, they look perfect, you may want to not change a thing. You're doing whatever you're doing right it seems from here. Just have a looksee at what some of us are doing.

Like @Buds Buddy mentioned, I'd figure the watering different. There's a pair of good watering links in my sig below. Check them out. I say this not because of your plants, they look perfect, you may want to not change a thing. You're doing whatever you're doing right it seems from here. Just have a looksee at what some of us are doing.
Guessing this is aimed at @Mrgrower221 :laugh: :thumb:

They seem a little small for 3 weeks to me and I think that has a lot to do with the way you are watering them. Please look up the "lift the pot" method of determining when it is time to water. You cannot overwater this weed by giving too much water in one watering session... anything not able to be handled will fall out of the soil as runoff. The only way to overwater this plant is by watering too often, and my friend, it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. I wrote the article on how to properly water a potted plant. Please read it. The link is in my signature and to my constant appreciation, also in the links of a good number of our members.

22E81D35-60D3-48A5-8431-9789D114A9AE.jpeg

Hi all

just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I started with a biobizz light mix transferred into bigger pots with biobizz all mix. These are about 3 weeks old from seed. I’ve just been giving them water morning and night. Wondering if I can add any nutrients ex. Biobizz (biogrow) ? Or keep on just water for abit longer ? Any help
Welcome to 420magazine @Mrgrower221 great garden.
You can feed them. Every other watering.
Buttttttt you have to let that soil dry in between watering.
Bill

All-Mix should be good for a few weeks but it does depend how greedy the strain is
If the leaves start going pale start the All-Mix schedule
One thing I have noticed with both LM and AM, they both benefit a drop of ActiVera/weak feed to condition the soil
I usually give them a good soaking then let them dry out a bit and then water as per @Bill284 & @Emilya & @NuttyProfessor
Water from the bottom if possible - that's where the roots are headed, and both mixes will draw up a perfect amount of water and will drain nicely

All-Mix should be good for a few weeks but it does depend how greedy the strain is
If the leaves start going pale start the All-Mix schedule
One thing I have noticed with both LM and AM, they both benefit a drop of ActiVera/weak feed to condition the soil
I usually give them a good soaking then let them dry out a bit and then water as per @Bill284 & @Emilya & @NuttyProfessor
Water from the bottom if possible - that's where the roots are headed, and both mixes will draw up a perfect amount of water and will drain nicely
Although I appreciate the mention, please don't put me on a list of people who are supporting bottom watering... I will never subscribe to or endorse that method. Top watering is the only way to pull oxygen down to the lower roots with every wet/dry cycle and to be able to keep track of root development and rate of water usage. With top watering, gravity pulls the water down to the bottom anyway, "showing the roots where to go."

Although I appreciate the mention, please don't put me on a list of people who are supporting bottom watering... I will never subscribe to or endorse that method. Top watering is the only way to pull oxygen down to the lower roots with every wet/dry cycle and to be able to keep track of root development and rate of water usage. With top watering, gravity pulls the water down to the bottom anyway, "showing the roots where to go."
Apologies, won't do it again, must have misunderstood you

The only way to suck air into the soil is to dunk them in a bucket then lifting the pot out which will draw air in from the top - watering from the top doesn't draw air in, it merely displaces the air that's there
Not arguing - you are doubtless way more experienced than I

Anyway, each their own
Respect, my friend

Apologies, won't do it again, must have misunderstood you

The only way to suck air into the soil is to dunk them in a bucket then lifting the pot out which will draw air in from the top - watering from the top doesn't draw air in, it merely displaces the air that's there
Not arguing - you are doubtless way more experienced than I

Anyway, each their own
Respect, my friend
Respect right back and thank you for your response. Let me explain the physics. When you water from the top, a pool of water forms in the bottom of the container due to gravity pulling the water down. When you water correctly, you saturate the soil in a vertical column in that container and there is water all the way from the top to the bottom. Visualize this as a lake, that as the plant uses the water, the level falls steadily down toward the bottom of the container. Visualize the top of this lake, acting as a diaphragm as it falls, sucking air down from the surface all the way down to the top surface of that lake. This is a tremendous amount of suction too... and it easily pulls the air all the way down to the bottom as the water table falls to that level. It can not be resisted. You can see this happening as you water from the top. Make a pool of water on the surface and watch it as it falls. The further this water falls, the more suction that is created, and your next batch of water on that surface will physically be sucked down very quickly once the suction has started. I have people tell this deaf girl that this suction can actually be heard, little pops and sucking sounds as the water is pulled down. Well, along with that water comes air... lots and lots of air.

Respect right back and thank you for your response. Let me explain the physics. When you water from the top, a pool of water forms in the bottom of the container due to gravity pulling the water down. When you water correctly, you saturate the soil in a vertical column in that container and there is water all the way from the top to the bottom. Visualize this as a lake, that as the plant uses the water, the level falls steadily down toward the bottom of the container. Visualize the top of this lake, acting as a diaphragm as it falls, sucking air down from the surface all the way down to the top surface of that lake. This is a tremendous amount of suction too... and it easily pulls the air all the way down to the bottom as the water table falls to that level. It can not be resisted. You can see this happening as you water from the top. Make a pool of water on the surface and watch it as it falls. The further this water falls, the more suction that is created, and your next batch of water on that surface will physically be sucked down very quickly once the suction has started. I have people tell this deaf girl that this suction can actually be heard, little pops and sucking sounds as the water is pulled down. Well, along with that water comes air... lots and lots of air.
Fair enough - I guess the physics is pretty much the same, flood and drain
Yes, I had misunderstood you - Cheers for elaborating

Back
Top Bottom