Red leaves

kram rollen

What causes your plant leafs to turn red? First time grower in soil. My plants are near harvest time, the leafs seem healthy otherwise just turning red.
1FD71A7E-D467-486C-AD03-D25E2C070DBE.jpeg
B8BAAF54-7F20-4F96-A3DA-3B4A7559C4FA.jpeg

I cant prove it yet, but my theory is that its the Illuminati harvesting the chlorophyll psychicly to keep the lizard overlords a healthy shade of green.

Not ALL genetics but its part of it.

Senescence + Translocation followed by abscission.

Completely natural and expected and why I let the leaves "fall" off. Its actually a plant hormone that does this process.

Instead of staying green there's a sort of valve in the leaf stem (abscission layer) that lets nutrients (chlorophyll) go back to the plant thru that one way valve in the abscission layer.
The leaves begin to loose the green color (chlorophyll) and turn yellow, red blue purple even black then they fall off.

The really cool part is that energy going back to the plant is how the flowers get bigger via translocation of nutrients (chlorophyll).

Here's some black leaves for ya

Here's an example of senescence and abscission. See the flower right were the leaf that is giving back its nutrients via translocation to the flower that is closest to the older leaf.

Not ALL genetics but its part of it.

Senescence + Translocation followed by abscission.

Completely natural and expected and why I let the leaves "fall" off. Its actually a plant hormone that does this process.

Instead of staying green there's a sort of valve in the leaf stem (abscission layer) that lets nutrients (chlorophyll) go back to the plant thru that one way valve in the abscission layer.
The leaves begin to loose the green color (chlorophyll) and turn yellow, red blue purple even black then they fall off.

The really cool part is that energy going back to the plant is how the flowers get bigger via translocation of nutrients (chlorophyll).

Here's some black leaves for ya

Here's an example of senescence and abscission. See the flower right were the leaf that is giving back its nutrients via translocation to the flower that is closest to the older leaf.

Thanks for the explanation and pictures

Back
Top Bottom