Red stems starting to make its way into the center of fan leaves

GrowGuy147

420 Member
Hi all, this is my very first grow. I’m using random seeds I found for my first batch. I have two plants going right now. Both look indica dominant/indica (not sure if they are hybrids or not). They are both in 3 gallon pots with ocean forest soil from fox farms. I have them in a 3x3x6 tent with the temps around 77 and rh% around 55-60%. My one plant, the larger one, is 5 weeks old and the other is 3. I topped and pruned my bigger plant and she seems to be growing well except for minor canoeing of the fan leaves and the red from the stems, which have been red, is making its way to her fan leaves. Not sure what the problem is. I’m thinking it’s either mites, ph problem, or from too much light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Red stems is not something to worry about, it can be caused by too much of this or too little of that, but oft times it is genetic and nothing to fret over.

If the leaves are nice and green as yours are, leave her be.

I just sprouted over 100 Blue Dream seedlings and about 1/2 have red stems as soon as they broke ground. In fact, in 6 years of growing organically, the majority of my plants have had red stems and these are usually my best plants.

Hi all, this is my very first grow. I’m using random seeds I found for my first batch. I have two plants going right now. Both look indica dominant/indica (not sure if they are hybrids or not). They are both in 3 gallon pots with ocean forest soil from fox farms. I have them in a 3x3x6 tent with the temps around 77 and rh% around 55-60%. My one plant, the larger one, is 5 weeks old and the other is 3. I topped and pruned my bigger plant and she seems to be growing well except for minor canoeing of the fan leaves and the red from the stems, which have been red, is making its way to her fan leaves. Not sure what the problem is. I’m thinking it’s either mites, ph problem, or from too much light.
I wouldn't worry, my last grow (8 ball kush) which is indica had the same, I think low temps can contribute to it too.
They both look pretty good to me :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom