ReefCheef's 1st Bubblegrow Blueberry/God's Bud

Reefa Cheefa

This is my first grow journal here on 420mag. I decided to build a pretty good size grow box. Which will eventually turn into my veg/clone box.

Dimensions are about 6ft wide x 7ft high x 3ft deep

I separated about 1/3 of the box and sealed it from the other side for my mother plant.

I am currently using a 150w HPS, and 3 CFL bulbs to veg until I go buy a T5 light. And I will use a 600w HPS along with some CFLs to flower.

Here's some basic info:

What strain is it? Original Blueberry (Feminized), God's Bud (Not-Feminized), and a few bagseeds.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Not sure.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? About a week
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? BUBBLES!!!!
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? 150w, 600w
Is it aircooled? You know it
Temp of Room/cab? 74-76ish
RH of Room/cab? 35-45%
PH of media or res? Waiting for my new PH meter
Any Pests ? No and I never will have any!
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics

This is my first DWC grow so bare with me. I use to just plant the girls in hydroton and water them by hand. Those days are over my friends, I have seen the light and it showed me bubbles.

I currently have 5 plants going that have been in 12/12 for about two weeks now. I want to get rid of them so I can make room for my bubbles. Time to go learn how to post pics and I'll show the ladies/setup.

This is the box and my 600w HPS. The door on the left is where the moma plant will be.
P10100201.JPG

P10100192.JPG

These are the five girls I have going right now. I want these to be done budding so I can clear it out and restart. These are just some bagseeds.
P1010013.JPG

I was in a rush planting these... The container the three are in is way too small I think for even one plant. It is not nearly deep enough and I'm sure that the roots are already looking for somewhere to go...
P10100164.JPG

P10100172.JPG

Here is some pics from the start of my new grow... I have two 6 inch airstones in each bucket that I bought at meijer for 2$ each.
P10100251.JPG

P10100243.JPG

I'm using my 150w HPS to veg until I get some 5600k CFL bulbs, or a T5. I currently only have three 2700k CFL bulbs.
P10100233.JPG

This one is one of the seeds my friend/mentor gave me to test out my new DWC setup.
P1010022.JPG

My Blueberry and God's Bud is germinating now so hopefully they both pop and I can get those in the bubbles asap.

I can see the blueberry still waiting on the god bud to show...

Sigh... I love ordering feminized seeds and then they end up having balls...
P1010027.JPG

Kind of blurry but you can kind of see them :(

I planted two feminized (supposedly) and they both have nuts... There's some freaky shit going on here.

Are those big buckets (bagseed) ebb and flow?

Those little DWC setups should rock some awesome plants, if I may suggest: lower the water level so that the rockwool doesn't get soggy, the roots will travel through the moist clay pebbles to the rez below.

Too bad on the boys, feminized seeds are just a cash grab gimmick in my opinion.

Hey tomato thanks for stopping by...

No the big buckets I have been watering by hand which really sucks. Just a real simple drain setup. I have buckets underneath to catch the water and then I empty those into a big res and reuse the water.

Yea the DWC plants seem to be taking off. Thanks for the advice, I wasn't really sure how much to fill the buckets. So i pretty much want the water near/around the bottom of the net pot?? I'm gonna go empty them a bit and take some pictures.

I ordered 12 feminized and they gave me 18 seeds, so I guess I can't complain that much.

Three girls I started budding about 3 weeks into veg... All three plants im sure are root bound by this point. I looked under the bucket and I can see roots coming threw my drain holes so yaaaa..... The buds are small bud they look pretty sexy, I'm not expecting much from these. They sure are getting frosty tho.
P10100323.JPG

P10100341.JPG

P10100352.JPG

DWC setup under one florescent. I'm going to the store today to pick up either two more florescents or a bunch of CFL bulbs.
P10100371.JPG

The girl on the left is Blueberry and the middle is God Bud.
P10100391.JPG

P10100421.JPG

Any ideas what this yellow is coming from?? Humidity was around 65% for almost four days which probably explains the wilted leaves. Any advice would be much appreciated!
P10100401.JPG

:ciao::ciao::ciao:

Good setup. Sucks to pay good money and get a boy. What are your temps like in there? Is it still a steady 74ish degrees? What temps are you keeping your water? Did you get that PH meter yet? Some strains are very picky when it comes to PH. + reps for the good start.

Hey blacklips and 4twenty thanks for stopping by! :welcome:

I found a friend that was actually looking for some male blueberry clones so I helped him out, so at least a good male didn't go to waste.

Yea my temps are still around 74-76ish during the day and about 65-68ish at night. If i run my 600w I usually keep the door cracked to keep the temps down. It can get up to about 85 if I keep it closed. But I'm not using that till I start to flower so I have some time to figure something out.

I'm using rain water and it has been pretty cold around here lately. The water is at about 47 degrees, so i boil some water and mix it in and that raises it to about 55-60 degrees. Is that a pretty good temp for the water??

I should be getting my Ph meter today, I'm kind of pissed it's taken so long to get here. I heard from somewhere rain water has a pretty good PH and I wouldn't have to worry too much about it.

I changed my setup a bit and I have pics to prove it....
P1010043.JPG

P1010044.JPG

What is going on with this girl? I guess it could be the PH since I don't know what the PH is...
P1010045.JPG

P10100481.JPG

P1010047.JPG

P10100461.JPG

:rollit::ganjamon:

Hey thanks SG I love the buckets too. It's nice to have these experienced growers checking out my setup, thanks for stopping by!

Hey thanks SG I love the buckets too. It's nice to have these experienced growers checking out my setup, thanks for stopping by!

No prob man, was also wondering about that damaged leaf what GH nutes are you using? My guess is a deficiency like Cal and or Mag, my one thing being newer grower and all is having a bottle of Cal-Mag, stuff saves ladies lives and makes them much happier too :) it helps a lot because unless you use RO water or bottled water companies change the water so you dont know how much of certain metals you have :( so just an idea.

SG

Hmm, I've read some stuff about Cal-Mag I will definitely be picking some up next time I'm at the store.

I started that plant with the damaged leaf before the others and I had tap water in that bucket at first. My tap water comes out at about 118 ppm. I let it sit out for a few days to try and get the chlorine out of it, not sure if it worked. I started it at about 220ppm with my nutes. Right when I saw the yellow I changed the water to rain water that was at 13ppm. I kept it there for about five days then added some nutes up to 200ppm. Hopefully she will recover so I can smoke her...

I'm waiting for the ginormous growth spurt that I have seen on some other DWC setups (hopefully)

Once again thanks for the great advice! Any and all advice is always welcome!
:thanks::ganjamon:

Hey Lebowskii, haha I was literally just looking at your grow! :welldone:

Thanks for stopping by! I ordered my "feminized" seeds from BCBuddepot.com so yea be aware ordering feminized seeds from there. They also took forever to get to me, they said about four weeks it took at least six.

In your buckets, what is it your using to hold the plants upright above the water? some sort of gravel or small pebbles?

Do you mean those small reddish balls?? Those are Hydroton, little clay balls instead of soil. I've been using them for awhile now, I tried soil once and then hydroton and I have never gone back. Sorry I didn't quite understand the question. I am using net-pots to hold the hydroton and the plant above the water, they allow roots to pass threw and down to the water.

I'm about to take some pics that might explain more... after I :bong: :)

Hmm, I've read some stuff about Cal-Mag I will definitely be picking some up next time I'm at the store.

I started that plant with the damaged leaf before the others and I had tap water in that bucket at first. My tap water comes out at about 118 ppm. I let it sit out for a few days to try and get the chlorine out of it, not sure if it worked. I started it at about 220ppm with my nutes. Right when I saw the yellow I changed the water to rain water that was at 13ppm. I kept it there for about five days then added some nutes up to 200ppm. Hopefully she will recover so I can smoke her...

I'm waiting for the ginormous growth spurt that I have seen on some other DWC setups (hopefully)

Once again thanks for the great advice! Any and all advice is always welcome!
:thanks::ganjamon:

Ya man I run straight tap water with my flora nova +liquid Karma+cal-mag, and the nutes take it down to like 5.9 - 6.3 its awesome. My tap comes out at 210ppm btw. Just let the nutes regulate :)

SG

Here is a pic inside the bucket. How does one tell if you have root rot?

P1010056.JPG

My first topping attempt... Did I do it too early?? I cut off the top after I got the 3-fingered fan leaf...
P1010054.JPG

Some little popcorn nuggies... Not the best nugs but I can assure everyone I will have no problem smoking them up :ganjamon::ganjamon:
P10100592.JPG

Back
Top Bottom