ReefCheef's 1st Bubblegrow Blueberry/God's Bud

:goodjob:

I am a big fan of super cropping. The plants reward you so well for the punishment. Real Masochists these Canabis plants.

:goof:

looks great :goodjob:
:thanks::thanks:
:goodjob:

I am a big fan of super cropping. The plants reward you so well for the punishment. Real Masochists these Canabis plants.

:goof:

Thanks Boot!! Yea they sure are resilient :rollit:

I was actually looking at the buds today and I found a few bananas on some buds... I think its from all the supercroping I did during flower. I supercroped probably 4-6 branches within 2 weeks. I kinda got freaked out at first but then I read this post...
Originally posted by Soniq420

Here's a banana (or acorn) photo

What2.JPG

Here's an article talking about bananas

Quote:
Feminizing Seeds by Soma

Article by Soma

Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, other than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher PH, some like a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like a lot less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can't treat every plant the same way.

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown strains for a decade and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making seeds and learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method Rodelization after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plant in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male bananas. A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built in safety factor so in case of sever conditions, the plant can make sure that the species is furthered.

To me a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female seeds. Many growers out there have male banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop or at least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emerging devices out. I call them Emergency Devices because they emerge at times of stress.

In the Rodelization method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plant 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one to two months and still remain potent.

For the second phase you need to already have a crop that's already 2 weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bag of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut down all the fans in the grow room. Then take a very fine paint brush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with ten different kinds in the same room with great success.

I use the lower flowers to make seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time(two crops), but is completely organic and lets you have great quality smoke at the same time you make your female seeds. If you're one of those growers that has never grown seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.

You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross pollinating. The older females with the bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, un-pollinated females when they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later you will have ripe 100% female seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.

As a farmer who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds. My friend Adam from THSeeds in Amsterdam has a motto that I love to borrow these days: Drop seeds not bombs.

I dont think I will try that method but its pretty interesting.

I dont know what Ill do about the bananas, I might try and pick them off if I can when they wake up. I dont know... any advice would be nice first time Ive had this encounter:reading420magazine:

Thanks for the article! Bummer you can't use them that way. I hope someone has a good way to deal with them so you don't spread any pollen.

I dont think I will try that method but its pretty interesting.

I dont know what Ill do about the bananas, I might try and pick them off if I can when they wake up. I dont know... any advice would be nice first time Ive had this encounter

I am having the same issue with one of my Jacks. It's been there for about 2 weeks now. Have you done anything yet?

Hiya bro. All seems basically well! I like that article about the nanners. I read that a while back and have actually been hoping for a nanner. I guess I should be careful what I wish for. Did you try to keep the pollen for feminized seeds next cycle?

:nicethread::peace:

I am having the same issue with one of my Jacks. It's been there for about 2 weeks now. Have you done anything yet?
Well the bananas I had definitely pollinated my girl. I tried removing the bananas but the damage is already done.
Hiya bro. All seems basically well! I like that article about the nanners. I read that a while back and have actually been hoping for a nanner. I guess I should be careful what I wish for. Did you try to keep the pollen for feminized seeds next cycle?

:nicethread::peace:
Hey papa :peace: I dont know if Ill try getting fem seeds. I can already see seeds forming in my buds. That really bums me out cause the buds were looking so nice. They looked better than anything I ever grew. I truly believe that the nanas were brought on by stress from my supercrop butchering. From here on out my rule is, less stress in flowering the best.

I truly believe that the nanas were brought on by stress from my supercrop butchering. From here on out my rule is, less stress in flowering the best.

REEFACHEEFA

With all do respect,I do not believe that super cropping gave you bananas.....Yes i believe in less stress in bloom also.. but you can have a plant growing above your reflector...
Maybe your strain is unstable, I wouldnt grow it again

REEFACHEEFA

With all do respect,I do not believe that super cropping gave you bananas.....Yes i believe in less stress in bloom also.. but you can have a plant growing above your reflector...
Maybe your strain is unstable, I wouldnt grow it again

Hey blacklips :peace: It is very possible that the strain is unstable, which would suck because she grew like a champ.

Your right the supercroping had to be done. I just think of this one branch i croped. It was pretty fat and it cracked wide open when I pinched. I can see straight threw the stem and it hasnt really healed that much, its been about 2 weeks maybe more.

Hey blacklips It is very possible that the strain is unstable, which would suck because she grew like a champ.

Your right the supercroping had to be done. I just think of this one branch i croped. It was pretty fat and it cracked wide open when I pinched. I can see straight threw the stem and it hasnt really healed that much, its been about 2 weeks maybe more.
yea that will happen..I try and pinch it softly many times jus rolling my fingers around the stem to soften it up well, then i bend it over ever so gently....Dont stress it life grows on!:nicethread:

Well the bananas I had definitely pollinated my girl. I tried removing the bananas but the damage is already done.

Wow, I hope that doesn't happen to me.. I've been noticing more of the "banana's" in my top buds, I've been using tweezers to pull them out.

I had this happen to me with quote " All feminized" seeds when one was a male, I let mine grow out but it was hardly worth it I mean soooo many seeds but the bud still got ya real high.

SG

Wow, I hope that doesn't happen to me.. I've been noticing more of the "banana's" in my top buds, I've been using tweezers to pull them out.
Hey guy! How far alone in flowering did you start noticing the bananas? Good job with the tweezers get rid of them quick when you see them!
I had this happen to me with quote " All feminized" seeds when one was a male, I let mine grow out but it was hardly worth it I mean soooo many seeds but the bud still got ya real high.

SG
Yea there really are sooo many seeds lol. After the bud cures Im gonna be spending a lot of time de-seeding the bud.

Hey guy! How far alone in flowering did you start noticing the bananas? Good job with the tweezers get rid of them quick when you see them!

I had 1 bud that had the banana in it for about 3 weeks. But after I read your post, I started pulling them out. I'm actually thinking about harvesting early to try and avoid seeds. The trichs are about 20% amber and 80% cloudy.

SG

reps to you for holding up under the seedlings

Hey 420 mag, its been awhile since I posted anything. I harvested the big girl on about day 50ish. The bud smokes really nice and gets you very stoned. The seeds arent very hard to pick out but they still piss me off soooo much... I got a little more than 7 ounces off that girl which is really decent in my book. :lot-o-toke:
I wish I took pics as I was harvesting :(
P10100743.JPG

I find my self rolling up joint after joint when I have this much bud :blunt: Thanks for everyone that helped me out along the journey. Very soon this room will be done and then I will be getting serious.

Check out the sig for link to my new grow.

I find my self rolling up joint after joint when I have this much bud

haha, I find myself taking a bong hit in order to roll a joint. But smoking fresh sweet buds in a perfectly rolled joint taste so damn good.

Back
Top Bottom