Beateo

I've read a lot about mylar, flat white paint, and such for helping with lighting. I'm using CFLs and have a bunch of 12 inch square mirrors... I think they're supposed to be used to stick on bathroom walls... would these work well for reflecting the lights if they were covering the walls and ceiling of a grow room?? Thanks.:peace:

Mirrors would be the last reflective material I would recommend. As stated above they are extremely inefficient. Just get the $8-$10 gallon of flat white paint.

Antics & Rickity... THAT is just plain weird!! lol I will absolutely not question you guys.... but wow! I would think a MIRROR would reflect more light than anything else??? Very strange and I will read up on why this isn't the case. Thanks to both of you. Oh... What would you guys recommend? I'm using a 12' X 12' room at this time but I'm really thinking of using a few sheets of plywood in that room to make maybe a 4 X 4 space... WHAT would be good to coat the inside with? I'm trying to keep this 1st grow at a cost that won't piss off the little woman :) I'm happy as hell that she's even on board with it at all! :) Thanks again. :peace:

Antics & Rickity... THAT is just plain weird!! lol I will absolutely not question you guys.... but wow! I would think a MIRROR would reflect more light than anything else??? Very strange and I will read up on why this isn't the case. Thanks to both of you. Oh... What would you guys recommend? I'm using a 12' X 12' room at this time but I'm really thinking of using a few sheets of plywood in that room to make maybe a 4 X 4 space... WHAT would be good to coat the inside with? I'm trying to keep this 1st grow at a cost that won't piss off the little woman :) I'm happy as hell that she's even on board with it at all! :) Thanks again. :peace:

No kidding man. I saw your question and looked it up lol. I was freaking amazed. I would have thought mirrors would be really good at reflecting. For my grow, I'm just using off white walls (was the already existing color) and wood doors.

I have read that FLAT WHITE paint is the best, and reflects most evenly. Gloss white can reflect unevenly, and I think I saw it suggested that this can cause hotspots. And flat white should be nice and cheap for a gallon :)

Back
Top Bottom