Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

You’re doing good, Reggie. It will all seem better in hindsight after their flowers dry, trust me. Bugs always give those ‘looking forward to looking back on this’ moments.
You have air blowing across the pots. That’s about all you can physically do against the gnats apart from the diatomaceous earth we’ve pm’ed about. On the top and in their saucers.
Giving the roots a good dry cycle between feeds.
Steady as she goes.
Just think about happy roots, you’re on the right track ;)

Welcome @DRey. I hope I grow from this as well.

It feels like I'm just documenting my incompetence. :laugh:

Spray weekly 2-3 times.
So that's every 2.33 days right? Jokes aside, I know a fourth treatment won't hurt them. I'll follow up in a week.

@DonkeyDick thanks for your reassurance and support.
I did a bit of training today and didn't spot any bugs this time.
I present to you the chopstick training technique.
You can find skewers at the grocery store in big packages for a dollar.
It beats cutting tape or twisting ties and works well while things are still flexible.

20201122_125243.jpg
20201122_124526.jpg

He found that funny. Ya, it's not great. I was probably baked. I'm baked a lot :Rasta:
I mean it works a bit if you cross them in an x position but to be honest this is a better.
Let's call this one the tied stick lol

20201128_175507.jpg

20201128_180405.jpg

In all seriousness, things were a little dry this morning.
They are now drinking about two and a half gallons between them every 5 days or so at 4g MC / G.

20201201_113856.jpg

I snuck a spoon full of magical in their last feeding, but didn't bother with it this time around.
The GSCs however are showing what I'd believe to be a deficiency of sorts. They've been kind of yellowing since I've got them.

20201201_115031.jpg

I didn't do another spraying of the insecticidal spray yet as things seemed surprisingly quiet. Either way, I know better than to celebrate just yet.

I'm considering up potting soon since the soil is really starting to pull away from the sides of the cloth pots which only makes watering harder than it has to be. It just runs through when you're lazy about it.
I may just go straight into the 10G pots and skip the 5's so I can use the double SCROG net without the hassle of transplanting. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing.

If I could go back I'd have probably quadlined these girls but I'd rather not waste time in the veg cycle.
Either way the nodes weren't developing symmetrically. Now it's just a confusing mess of a bush.

Anyways that's it for now.
Thanks to those following along and anyone contributing their time and knowledge to this community.

:green_heart:

Should I be treating promix hp like soil or like coco when it comes to the target PH?
My tap water is usually near 6.9 and once I mix in the MC it lowers to 5.8... should I raise the PH a bit?

Hi, Regrowth !
The Promix is buffered, so the pH of your water/nutes shouldn't matter...the soil takes care of it.
I use PromixHp also, but I still pH my water/nutes....mainly because I bought a new $120.00 pH tester shortly before I switched to Promix.
I'm an old fart, and you know how we hate changes... :) so, I still pH my water, same as I have for years .
But allegedly, I don't really have to...

Should I be treating promix hp like soil or like coco when it comes to the target PH?
My tap water is usually near 6.9 and once I mix in the MC it lowers to 5.8... should I raise the PH a bit?
promix hp should be treated as soil. What is your tap water ph at?

I'd known about the medium being buffered but from what I understood the dolomite isn't an instant fix so if I should prefer anything other than 5.8pH I should adjust to it manually. I feel like I just received conflicting answers lol.
Honestly, I'd love to be simplistic and just adhere to the no pH trend, it would save a lot of hassle and goes hand in hand with how low effort MC is. I appreciate the help guys, any idea how to help the GSCs?

might i ask what dosage of mega crop you are feeding now. i see completely classic signs of underfeeding with mega crop. every sign i have personally witnessed and tried and eventually succeeded in overcoming

cheers and karma sent friend

@nivek I'm at 4 grams to the gallon currently. I've just been weighing it on a digital scale. Should I be at a higher dosage by now?

There's probably still some gnats kicking around in my soil too. I need to swap my sticky cards so I can keep better track of them. I don't notice any flyers or bugs jumping ship when I water though lol

edit: Going to try at 6g/G in a few days and drop down a bit if there's issues. :thanks:

your plants i calkulate to be six weeks at least,, so,, i would say late veg,,

now,, clue number one is the look of the plant,, you mentioned it yourself,, you thot your plants lacked something

you have the same mega as i do,, original,, and max veg says 4.5 grams per gallon

and,, there is always an 'and'

i have , as have others,, depending on all kinds of things,, i have found that my plants require a higher than recommended dosage to not do exactly what your plants are doing

now i know you have bug issues,, all kinds,, but the look of your plant is 'not' bug related,, the yellowing and crisping leaves are classic under mega crop ferting.

and then theres the fact that some plants require more fert and wome less, blah blah

i would strongly recommend you up your fert and the mega guru might just agree with me,, and he oh so friendly,,

whatcha think @bluter ?

Where did you find the max veg 4.5 if I may ask? The packaging seem to suggest 5g as a target for late veg.
I'll wait on more advice before I go up to 6. Btw, I noticed you're in kelowna, it's such a beautiful spot.

Where did you find the max veg 4.5 if I may ask? The packaging seem to suggest 5g as a target for late veg.
I'll wait on more advice before I go up to 6. Btw, I noticed you're in kelowna, it's such a beautiful spot.
visit their site and use the calculator. i can't insert the link based on the guidelines but its easy to find.
Enter your amount and it will give you how much at what stage.

secondly, i agree @nivek and finally if you are using promix hp with mc and if your tap water is around ph7 then you dont need to ph your water. Promix Hp already adjusted for nutrients to uptake

can you post a picture of your mc

ok, cool. i just wanted to make sure you don't have the two parts and are just using one part like me

so majority of mc users have seen good results with 3.5g. however, i've pushed mine up to 4g and i've seen some go up to 6.5 it all depends on your strain. If this isn't the first time introducing mc and your above 4.5 then I would go with 3.5 and once the deficiencies are taken care off then go ahead and boost the mc.

Sorry for the confusion, I've been kind of estimating my gallons so I'm probably closer to 4g / 4L.
I'm going to go up to 4.76 / 4L (4.5 / G) for a bit. Thanks for the recommendations and telling me to use the calculator.

Back
Top Bottom