Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

This will be my first journal entry and also my intro to growing in a tent;
It's not my first time growing but it sure feels like it.
I'm hoping the community will join in and offer their expertise so everything goes as smoothly as possible.

The initial lineup will include clones of Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) & Mother of Berries (MOB) grown in a 4x4 tent in promix hp and fabric containers.

20201022_210358.jpg

They've been moved from the solo cups into 2 gallons.
I've got 5 and 10 gallon containers for when repotting is needed.
This will also be my first time trying megacrop which seemed like a popular low effort nutrient feed.

Environment: 4x4 Grow tent
Lighting: FC 3000 LED
Strains: 2x Girl Scout Cookies, 2x Mother Of Berries
Medium: Promix HP in fabric containers
Nutrients: MegaCrop, Magical

20201027_155706.jpg20201022_205521.jpg20201022_210004.jpg

I have a hard time keeping her and her hair out of the tent. She's the best though. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

I just opened up the bag of megacrop and gave the clones their first feeding. It seems like the tinniest amount causes a big fluctuation on my scale. This stuff is hard to measure lol. It's not all powder, there's some clumps which I've read is normal. I did 1.5g to 1.9L which is basically 3g to 1G or something. Maybe a little heavy for their first feed?
For those who like measurements it's 1 gallon to water four 2 gallon containers until run off.

I'll be transparent and mention that the clones aren't the healthiest currently so I'm hoping this will help them out a bit. They were given to me with signs of mite damage and I eventually spotted a few that I've hopefully eradicated since.

Thanks for the welcome @013.

Although I can't guarantee this is what I've got and need to trust the source of the cuttings; Here's some information about the strains taken from leafly
Mother of Berries
Mother of Berries, or M.O.B., is an indica strain from Maine that provides a deeply relaxing experience that transitions well into restful sleep. Carrying the legacy of its Blueberry parent, Mother of Berries lives up to its name with its unmistakable blueberry fragrance. Its chunky buds are wreathed in interweaving hues of purple and green, which are obscured under a dense blanket of crystal trichomes. With effects that are more mellow than jarring, Mother of Berries is suitable for both novice and seasoned consumers alike.

GSC
GSC, formerly known as Girl Scout Cookies, is an OG Kush and Durban Poison hybrid cross whose reputation grew too large to stay within the borders of its California homeland. With a sweet and earthy aroma, GSC launches you to euphoria’s top floor where full-body relaxation meets a time-bending cerebral space. A little goes a long way with this hybrid, whose THC heights have won GSC numerous Cannabis Cup awards. Patients needing a strong dose of relief, however, may look to GSC for severe pain, nausea, and appetite loss.

There are several different phenotypes of the GSC strain including Thin Mint and Platinum GSC, which exhibit some variation in appearance and effect. Typically, however, GSC expresses its beauty in twisting green calyxes wrapped in purple leaves and fiery orange hairs. Patients and consumers looking to cultivate this cannabis staple themselves should wait 9 to 10 weeks for their indoor plants to finish flowering.

For anyone trying to trace the lineage the breeders seem to be THSeeds and Cookies Fam.

I just sampled some larf from a previous MO(A)B clone grown this summer because I'm impatient and had to try it NOW. I want the better stuff to cure properly. I'm lit. The taste wasn't good though lol.
Was for sure better in the bong than in a joint.

Also apparently gsc smell's / taste's like happy. Is this true? :laughtwo:

leafly-gsc.png

Regrowth! Welcome to the site, lovely ladies there. Cats are a blessing. I love them. They (she) however gets hair all over my outdoor grow. If i ever post a pic of a bud...its got cat hair. Screenshot_2020-10-29-14-56-37.png Where's Waldo! 3 of them on that bud. She is the most loving cat ever. IMG_6727.jpg Gotta love 'em. Welcome again. :)

This will be my first journal entry and also my intro to growing in a tent;
It's not my first time growing but it sure feels like it.
I'm hoping the community will join in and offer their expertise so everything goes as smoothly as possible.

The initial lineup will include clones of Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) & Mother of Berries (MOB) grown in a 4x4 tent in promix hp and fabric containers.

20201022_210358.jpg

They've been moved from the solo cups into 2 gallons.
I've got 5 and 10 gallon containers for when repotting is needed.
This will also be my first time trying megacrop which seemed like a popular low effort nutrient feed.

Environment: 4x4 Grow tent
Lighting: FC 3000 LED
Strains: 2x Girl Scout Cookies, 2x Mother Of Berries
Medium: Promix HP in fabric containers
Nutrients: MegaCrop, Magical

20201027_155706.jpg20201022_205521.jpg20201022_210004.jpg

:welcome: to the grow journal section, Regrowth! :woohoo:
There is all kinds of info jammed in this link How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

I had a couple of supervisor's that gave me the "I'm gonna flop on my side once I get my head flat enough" lecture, too!

@Konks Dirt Empire, thanks for the warm welcome and for stopping by. Any chance you'll try the indoor thing?
@Patient puffer what a great place to have a nap. I'd be sleeping there too if I could . What a cutie.:love:

I just weighed what's in the jars from that MOB plant from the summer. Not a spectacular yield but it gives me some room for improvements this time around and I've got medicine calling my name. It was 42g of the good stuff and a little more than 14g of larf plus whatever I've already sampled. :ganjamon:

It has a blueberries and cream aroma whereas I swear it smelled of grapes prior to harvest. Very much living up to the berry name and I'm totally guilty of burping the jars just to catch a whiff.

20201004_191904.jpg20201102_215206.jpg

I also had some clones I put into flowering after about 2 weeks of veg and they only yielded 10g once dried... lol
20201004_192015 - Copy.jpg20201022_205217.jpg

Things are pretty slow in the tent atm, no changes to report.

@Konks Dirt Empire, thanks for the warm welcome and for stopping by. Any chance you'll try the indoor thing?
@Patient puffer what a great place to have a nap. I'd be sleeping there too if I could . What a cutie.:love:

I just weighed what's in the jars from that MOB plant from the summer. Not a spectacular yield but it gives me some room for improvements this time around and I've got medicine calling my name. It was 42g of the good stuff and a little more than 14g of larf plus whatever I've already sampled. :ganjamon:

It has a blueberries and cream aroma whereas I swear it smelled of grapes prior to harvest. Very much living up to the berry name and I'm totally guilty of burping the jars just to catch a whiff.

20201004_191904.jpg20201102_215206.jpg

I also had some clones I put into flowering after about 2 weeks of veg and they only yielded 10g once dried... lol
20201004_192015 - Copy.jpg20201022_205217.jpg

Things are pretty slow in the tent atm, no changes to report.
The more I see the green, the more it draws me in. I loved the grow but I am cheap af, and our covid hydro (electric) subsidy was just clawed back in time for 8 months of winter...so not if we are thinking we will need to eat long term :lot-o-toke:

Always a win to make it to harvest, nice!

I'm in ON too. :ciao: I got lucky and moved recently - The hydro is inclusive and the landlord doesn't mind about the growing... win, win. Not sure that a small LED fixture draws that much energy though. The downside is I don't control my heat here so things can get warm at times. I had to rely on a humidifier to extend my drying a bit. It seems reasonable to just do the outdoor thing and stock up for the rest of the year, I'm sure Konk's 2nd Run will be awesome.

Hey Reg. Love the cat :love: I have dogs and some cats too. There is one long haired moggy here banned from the indoor garden because every time she visits it I get a spider mite infestation.
Clones look like they’ll be great!

Maybe it's because I'm in there every day or the bugs but they haven't seemed to grow much at all since I've got them on Oct 22nd. I was told they were still rooting for a couple more days when I got them. I gave them until the 26th to transplant them and the roots were beautiful. I rinsed the foliage at the same time just to let the critters know what's up.

I can't blame the cat for these critters or the mycorrhizae I got all over (assuming I did that damage in the second picture) Hopefully things look better soon. Glad you're here @DonkeyDick .

20201103_144713.jpg20201103_144816.jpg

Along with some advice from @DonkeyDick I've lowered the light to 18" at 62%. The girls seem to enjoy it.
Today was their feeding time; They were watered at 3g MC / G.
20201103_150248.jpg
20201104_130613.jpg
20201025_004242.jpg
The new growth is nice and healthy - I did a minor defoliation on anything mite damaged.
It'll be easier to spot any new activity this way and reduces the count of any eggs remaining.
The blue's are the GSC and the others MOB.
I'll leave you with a picture of my balls. Maybe someone will know the version. :ganjamon:
20201104_124913.jpg

Mycos shouldn’t have negative impact, rinse off that leaf if you suspect it was spilled - but I don’t think that’s it. I see a deficiency - plants are light green,.... I suspect watering to frequently or possibly hungry for N.

Never used MC so I wouldn’t know one version from another but.... I’m still not looking at your balls

:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

I tend to worry a lot but I can't help but wonder how many bugs I've let spread around my dwelling by waiting so long and fear the inevitability that they'll be back. I defoliated for nothing; I gave in and just used the safers spray... Let's hope it actually gets rid of these buggers. They are easy to spot on the uneaten foliage - They are brown as opposed to the red ones I'd dealt with in the summer time. Easy to spot although not for my camera apparently - so let's just imagine this period is a mite.

+1 for bio warfare and anyone who's won a similar battle.

It's awesome what a difference a couple of days can have; They're looking way better now, nice and healthy. I'll probably do a follow up spray in a few weeks just for good measures. The girls were getting hungry today so I did the right thing and gave them some food.
20201112_100347.jpg

I'll get in there and LST a bit eventually but for now I've taken the lazy approach and just let my net squash them. Did I really manage to change the order of the pots again? I guess it happened while spraying lol

nice grow regrowth. The mega crop bag you have is the older version of Mega Crop. The new version is small white powdery looking with no clumps. The only difference is the new version has more pk booster in it as i read.

Keep feeding her, their coming back to life

Welcome aboard @PK. Thanks for clarifying that. It seems people prefer the balls lol.
The reiteration of the formula while maintaining the same packaging sure makes things confusing.

Welcome aboard @PK. Thanks for clarifying that. It seems people prefer the balls lol.
The reiteration of the formula while maintaining the same packaging sure makes things confusing.
idc for packaging. If they spend money on that they will charge the consumers more money to make up for the loss in design and packaging. plus, there is no difference in formula except for more pk booster.

The critters are still there... I sprayed again (twice even).
20201120_124912.jpg

Did I do this? This leaf was all dry and crispy.
20201120_125052.jpg

And to make matters worse, I received more company this week,
20201118_203917.jpg

Droopy mfers
20201120_131248.jpg

For something that was supposed to bring me a little joy it's sure had the opposite effect. I'm not really enjoying this at all.:(

Back
Top Bottom