Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

Looking good in there, Reggie :drool:
I’d say you’re right about the colour changes being temperature dependent, as well as the obvious genetic tendency.
Chop time? Congrats :yahoo:
What are the trichomes looking like?

I'm kind of just going by the fact that they haven't put out any pistols in a bit,
I haven't got a jewelers loop so maybe you can examine a cola shot. The MOB strain is said to be done in 6-7 weeks and as of this Wednesday, It'll be day 56 - which puts it at 8 weeks since 12-12 flip or about 7 since first set of pistols.

I pushed another week in the summer, and really there's no reason I can't just leave her be until day 63.
Mostly I just want to be able to lower my light a bit for the GSCs to get some better penetration, although I could probably do that now.

It would help if my camera was better. What you thinking badonkadonk? Should I give her more time?
20210315_120251.jpg

20210315_120255.jpg

Mm mmm... she is looking very yummy :drool:
Ripeness seems right in the window. I see an amber trichome! :laugh:
I do, but I’m basing ‘ripeness’ off of the majority of full, white trichome heads. I don’t see many clear. Single figures.
My eyes. Your photo. That’s the best I can say.
Is she still drinking at pace?
I’d be inclined to lower the lights anyway, but by now that Moab would be trimmed and chilling in my fridge if she were here.

The common advice up here is to wait a week once you’re sure she’s done. Really, there are so many factors dictating harvests (jar stock, availability of space for up-and-comers, visitors, health considerations...) that I feel it’s a luxury to go completely at the pace of the plant.

A loupe is cheap and even if it doesn’t affect your timing it gives you a fascinating look at what’s going on at a deep level. Fun.

Are we there yet? :popcorn:

The purple transition is normal with this cutting but I would love to hear someone experienced explain why the covered leaf was still green using facts and science. My journal doesn't get much attention so I'll just take a guess that the leaf surface stayed a bit warmer because it was covered and that the light not directly hitting it meant it could keep more chlorophyll. One of my smaller clones last summer never fully purpled, it was waxy and over fertilized.
Well they look beautiful :)

I'm kind of just going by the fact that they haven't put out any pistols in a bit,
I haven't got a jewelers loop so maybe you can examine a cola shot. The MOB strain is said to be done in 6-7 weeks and as of this Wednesday, It'll be day 56 - which puts it at 8 weeks since 12-12 flip or about 7 since first set of pistols.

I pushed another week in the summer, and really there's no reason I can't just leave her be until day 63.
Mostly I just want to be able to lower my light a bit for the GSCs to get some better penetration, although I could probably do that now.

It would help if my camera was better. What you thinking badonkadonk? Should I give her more time?
20210315_120251.jpg

20210315_120255.jpg
That glitter tho! Spectacular!

Day 56
20210317_121630.jpg

20210319_094545.jpg

20210319_095046.jpg

I'm a little late on this weeks update. It was somewhat exhausting doing the trimming but at least most of it is out of the way now. I probably could've left them to go another week or so. There was a lot of larf... I kind of just did the lazy thing and left most of it there.

Estimated weight: 7 clothes hangers.

A beautiful sight! That’s a labour of love right there. You must be very happy?
:drool:
Are you going to leave the lowers another week or two and see if that loose stuff gets any substance to it?

It looks like at least a few ounces off each already hanging :snowboating:

I was thinking I'd probably let the rest mature until the GSCs come down.
If it doesn't put on much more weight that's fine. It was mostly done because I didn't want to trim it all. That and I started trimming in the room with the tent in it and when the light went off I was rushing to get out of there. I'm looking forward to getting them jarred but hopefully I can leave them hanging for a week. I fought the room temps a little last time and it was more like 4 days but I think it'll go better this time around.

Happy for sure, Thanks for seeing things through until the end with me donkey you've been a big help and an infinite source of wisdom for my many questions.

:yahoo:

Day 70
20210330_102332.jpg

GSC

20210330_102340.jpg

MOAB
20210331_190338.jpg

Started chopping the GSCs yesterday, It has a strong lemon smell to it.
I did the same as the previous 2 plants and left the popcorn in the tent for now.
I'll probably get the rest trimmed this weekend as well as the remainder of the of the MOAB.
I think I hate trimming though so I may procrastinate.

Off with their heads!
20210331_190103.jpg

20210331_185659.jpg

It'll be a little less than the MOAB yielded, the last two hangars are a little bare. Maybe 5 - 5.5oz? Hard to tell.
As I mentioned, I'm fairly confident the GSCs could've out yielded the MOABs had I done better.

I haven't got to sampling it yet but I finally weighed the MOAB since it's dry enough to be considered accurate.
What's been trimmed already was just over 7.75oz. Whatever's left in the tent now is just a bonus.
It did seem to mature a little bit however and keeps putting on frost.

Burping the partial MOAB harvest. I could really use some bigger jars.
Large ones have 35gs the smaller 14...

20210407_171704.jpg

The tote isn't air tight but allows me to slowly bring the humidity down and get an extra week drying before needing to worry about more long term storage. It's convenient because I have a hygrometer that fits whereas I don't have any small enough to fit in my jars. By the time they are jarred they are fairly stable and then require less maintenance or caution. By then you can also get a fairly good estimate on the weight.

Anyway, the GSC was hung for about 5 days before getting toted. The layered parchment paper lets things breathe a bit and lets you shuffle things around easily. Either way I still burp it regularly and monitor the humidity.

The partial GSC harvest
20210407_170729.jpg

I harvested the rest of the GSC and now it'll hang for 5-6 days.
There's a lot of larf but some acceptable stuff as well. That smaller pile should've ended up in my trim bag for making oil.
20210407_165439.jpg

The rest of the MOAB comes down tomorrow, hopefully I can find some room by then. I can't handle trimming all day long. It's exhausting!

Congrats on the ongoing gifts that keep giving, Reggie! I hope there is a bunch more mature flower in the lowers you left. Fingers crossed for extended trim time :high-five: The thing that made trimming ok for me was finding the right shears. My favourites can be closed with gentle pressure between thumb and index and spring back (unless there’re really gummy). Trimmers that need a whole fist squeeze aren’t for all day use, for me anyway.
I also find it good to organise my workflow so I’m standing for a while too. I’ll use a high table or hang branches so I can work on them at waist height.
Playlist, snacks, doobies... good times.

I like your description of your dry and cure! You’ve adapted the low and slow methods to suit your space/equipment/needs. Eleven out of ten for ingenuity. :headbanger:
:passitleft:

The rest of the MOAB came down today, about another 5 hangars worth. I was lucky enough to have a helping hand and we took some advice from @DonkeyDick and did most of the trimming standing up. We removed all the fan leaves before manicuring and cutting branches but the funny thing is there was very little manicuring needed. A lot of it was fluffy but it definitely was worth harvesting in stages and matured nicely. I'll probably grab some clones again next fall and do the same thing. I'll try to follow up with the weights in the next couple week.

I've set things up in my tent for now but may have to move things around to start the next batch. Contrary to the thread title I'll be growing seeds and smoking weed or so... lol
The next update will probably be about beans drowning in a cup.

20210408_121820.jpg

20210408_200912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom