Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

20210409_140416.jpg

Let's get things started for the outdoor grow. I haven't germinated seeds since I was a kid...
Hopefully these strains will do alright in our cold climate but we'll find out right?

1x Cherry Pie
1x Platinum OG (fast)
1x Northern Lights
1x Zkittlez

20210409_140416.jpg

Let's get things started for the outdoor grow. I haven't germinated seeds since I was a kid...
Hopefully these strains will do alright in our cold climate but we'll find out right?

1x Cherry Pie
1x Platinum OG (fast)
1x Northern Lights
1x Zkittlez
So youre ready for another spin on the dance floor aye?

Good luck and I look forward to watching your triumphs.

Four out of four seeds opened up so I dropped them in some solo cups today. Let's hope it's smooth sailing from here.
I always forget the recommended hanging height and intensity for germination. I've got them at about 24inch at 30% or something for now. I say about because my tape measure broke and I only have an 18inch piece to estimate with unless I take the thing apart lol.

The GSC harvested the other day dried quickly and shriveled to basically nothing. I'm guessing at least another 2 ounces but most of that is pretty hurting and larf of the month material. It makes me regret having spent so long trimming it.

Weighed the GSC that was already in the tote and it's a little over 5.7oz. Anyway I guess I passed the 1g/W mark.

That’s an awesome haul! Larf will keep doing it to you until your jars are full, I’ve found.
At least you have ‘extra’ biomass for oil/extraction/smoking.
The way I see it if it takes longer to trim than the amount of time any effect might have then it may be worth considering if it’s really needed.
Good numbers though, Reg!
Can’t wait to try some GSC down here.

While destemming the GSC it made me want to sneeze and my nose stuffy the entire time. :hmmmm:
It's got a strong lemon cleaner terp to it. Can't wait to sample it though. Hopefully she does well for you.

I wish I had the fancy tools for pressing. I've been thinking of picking up some iso when I'm out and about and making some oil. I've only ever done it with butane and it seemed overly dangerous. I had a honey bee extractor but I think a piece of pvc and a coffee filter is comparable. A lot of people I know moved to smoking strictly extracts but I still like smoking buds and always will.

I'm guessing at least another 2 ounces
It's closer to four and a half... sometimes it's good to be wrong.:ganjamon:
The seeds haven't came out of the ground yet. :hmmmm:

Sorry - I'm new at growing - so don't know if my advice is worth anything. I'm trying to learn though. I watched one grower's Youtube video and he said he used an essential oil of Eucalyptus and Rosemary mixed with PH water to spray under his leaves and on the soil and stems. I try not to spray on top of the leaves because I noticed any oil can cause small light burn on the tops of leaves. Another grower suggested mixing diatomaceous earth in with the soil and using as a top dressing. He also likes to dry his soil - puts it in a plastic storage bin and lets his exhaust fan duct pipe blow on it and then tills it every so often. I've tried the putting it in a bin and tilling it to let it dry some and mixing the DE into it. So far (fingers crossed) I haven't had any pest problems. I have put my plants outside during veg too on nice days.

@Websissy, it sounds like worthy advice. I ended up getting the pest situation under control a few weeks before flowering. For the mites what really ended up working well for me was the DOKTOR DOOM 3 in 1 spray - it's oil based and the plants seemed to love it. The safers solution just wasn't doing the job. I'm sure the gnats might come back, I did find that maintaining a proper wet / dry cycle was key to keeping their numbers down and then you catch the few exceptions with the sticky cards and a fan blowing at soil level. I really need to try the diatomaceous earth sometime though.

The Cherry Pie and Zkittlez sprouted today and it's day two for the Northern Lights and Platinum OG. Wooohoo!
20210415_110651.jpg
She’s my cherry pie, cool drink of water such a sweet surprise, she tastes so good she makes grown men cry, sweet cherry pie.

Todays earworm sorted ✔️

Good job RG ;)

My little solo cups aren't really bursting with action yet but soon enough. Watching seeds start is about as exciting to me as watching strains dry... Speaking of, the rest of the MOAB was ~= 112g.

Final weights:
MOAB: ~= 329g or 11.75oz
GSC: ~= 290g or 10.35oz
Total: ~= 22.1oz

A third of it is only good for edibles or oil and I may still lose a little bit to the cure process but that leaves about 14oz of it to be sacrificed by fire. Despite a few hiccups along the way the girls still made it and it's certainly impressive for only 300watts in a 4x4. That concludes my first tent grow. Thanks again to anyone following.

Thanks @Trala,
I had a look at your journal the other day and it seems like the LST really worked out well for you.
It really has. I am hoping to get an update today. Tbh that gorilla glue is such an exceptional plant. I don’t think even I can completely fuck it up. I’m going to monstercrop it for my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom