Regrowth: Growing Clones & Getting Stoned

Here's a picture of the four girls. They're a little over two weeks old at this point and off to a slow start...
I've been having a hard time keeping my humidity up and weather has been a bit cold for this time of year.
I'll be surprised if they can go outside before June.

20210503_200058.jpg

I've been noticing a bit of leaf deterioration on two of them, The northern lights.
20210503_195952.jpg

And the Zkittlez
20210503_200018.jpg

I have a feeling they are just getting hungry so I'm going to start feeding them MC at 0.5G / L like the donkey suggested. They've certainly been receiving more than enough light, you can tell by how little they've stretched lol.
That's 60% at 24". Cheers.

Here they are in all their glory. They'll probably get transplanted later on tonight. I'm also considering topping them.
20210511_171802.jpg

20210511_171905.jpg

Seeing a bit of browning going on again, this time on the Cherry Pie. I'm thinking it's time to increase the nutes?

Hi Regrowth :)

Good to see your next adventure is taking off. I look forward to once again sharing in the magic!

Omg we are telling our favourite short jokes.

This is my workmates:-

What's brown and sticky?
A stick

Serious question. Does that even constitute as a joke?

I've been a little busy recently but I wanted to let you all know how things are going so far.
The girls were transplanted into 2 gallon fabric containers and received a little hair cut about a week ago.
Three out of four of them were fimmed successfully. The Cherry Pie was just topped like normal.
I went to spread her nodes out a bit and nearly lost one of them but it looks like it may pull through still.
They are getting acclimated to the outdoors at the moment. Today is their first day out.
And it's time to begin training... I'll probably follow with some pictures tomorrow when they get some juice. Cheers.

As promised, here are a few pictures. I took them quickly and ran for my life...
There's so many mosquitos at the moment!

Zkittlez with what looks to be a fifth top starting from the fim. (picture isn't great)
20210523_144236.jpg

20210523_144250.jpg

Northern lights
20210523_144315.jpg

Cherry Pie With the stunted top that I broke.
20210523_144332.jpg

20210523_144344.jpg

Platinum OG
20210523_144304.jpg

I figured I'd also try to clone some stuff around the yard, so here's two catnips, a raspberry and an apple cutting. I dipped them all in rooting gel and the soil is fresh from our compost bin. Catnip is easy to root, you could drop a top on the ground and have it root sideways. That's what happened last year but for some reason it didn't survive our winter. It is a perennial though.

20210523_144143.jpg

I'll be back soon enough with more pictures and some training. Cheers.

It'll be 2 degrees Celsius tonight so I figured I should bring my plants inside and ended up toppling them over by mistake. I lost a few leaves but nothing major, just a few lowers that most people prune.

Bringing them inside let's me train them in peace. I'm just doing the double stick method for now.
Two sticks in x formation to keep a branch down.

We'll have a day or two below zero next week but afterwards it should start warming up a bit.
The weather here in this part of Canada isn't ideal for growing outdoors, that's for sure. The season is short and things start to get really iffy again by October so any strains that flower for more than 8-9 weeks will have to get pulled early.

I purchased a small greenhouse that I was considering setting up from the zon' but I'm opting not to use it. Hopefully that choice doesn't come back to bite me in the fall because it's been offered to someone else now. I didn't want the added attention from the greenhouse in the yard but I went and had my plants noticed by a few neighbors here already so that argument is irrelevant. The meshed pattern though to me feels like it would block too much light. I'm in the middle of the forest and I'm sure I lose about 30% of the light to the surrounding trees already. It's kind of hilarious but last summer the hydro company showed up and cut some trees down on the powerline right next to my plants which did me a solid by giving me more light.

I broke two tops today while trying to train them. I should've just let them be. I'm really upset about this as they were the two doing the best... So that's now three out of four I've managed to screw up. First the Cherry Pie and now the Zkittlez and Northern Lights. Honestly I'm not going to do any form of HST next time as I feel like it's at least partially to blame. You can't even space nodes apart without them breaking.

I broke two tops today while trying to train them. I should've just let them be. I'm really upset about this as they were the two doing the best... So that's now three out of four I've managed to screw up. First the Cherry Pie and now the Zkittlez and Northern Lights. Honestly I'm not going to do any form of HST next time as I feel like it's at least partially to blame. You can't even space nodes apart without them breaking.
I’m picking up what you are putting down. The feeling of devastation.

I personally hate HST, the feeling of fracturing the limbs gives me anxiety. I much prefer the hook method Carcass taught me. I think it’s a beautiful way to train.

All will be well. 5 days after a disaster they bounce back like the warriors they are. Post some pics.

:)

Although I can't guarantee this is what I've got and need to trust the source of the cuttings; Here's some information about the strains taken from leafly

For anyone trying to trace the lineage the breeders seem to be THSeeds and Cookies Fam.

I just sampled some larf from a previous MO(A)B clone grown this summer because I'm impatient and had to try it NOW. I want the better stuff to cure properly. I'm lit. The taste wasn't good though lol.
Was for sure better in the bong than in a joint.

Also apparently gsc smell's / taste's like happy. Is this true? :laughtwo:

leafly-gsc.png
good lord help me

@bigdoosh696969, Welcome. Any thoughts?

Another member mentioned a seed bank recently that carries MOAB and that lead to some different information about the genetics. I guess MOAB and MOB are two different varieties. It really is a great strain though and I can't wait to grow it again. I have a few nugs left that have been curing since October and man... it smells so good and kicks my a**.

This exceptional strain has no equal, created especially for all the growers who are looking to smoke a strain that offers everything you have been looking for all your life. Made with a Blueberry 420 x Chem dawg crossed with a Blue Dream XTRM x Hindu kush. This powerful strain is phenomenal when it comes to taste and flavor. She tastes both earthy and sweet, a rich blueberry flavor with slight diesel undertones.

The GSC is also good, she has a distinct cookie? like taste and smells like some stuff I remember smoking as a kid.
Overall it's a mellow / happy type high for me, but doesn't incapacitate me like the MOAB. It's probably a good thing to be level minded sometimes lol.

:ganjamon:

I've been carrying the plants inside for the last few nights because of frost concerns but hopefully tonight will be the last night where I have to. I'm not up when the sun rises so I've been keeping them under a lamp at night time and bringing them back outside when I get up. Basically they're being robbed of sleep so I can get some lol. Hopefully the extra light won't stress them. The days here seem to be about 16 hours atm (5:30 - 9:00 with an extra hour or so of ambient light). :ciao:

Have you considered buying a light?

I bought a Mars Hydro. It’s was pretty cheap and it hasn’t missed a beat. I’m actually considering buying a rectangular one for overcast days.

Back
Top Bottom