Regular Seeds & Fem Seeds

No. Not especially. No. Not if done correctly (IMHO).

Cannabis seeds are like herd animals, lol - there's no need for 50% males for the species to continue. It's more environmental conditions during the early part of the young plant's life than anything else, assuming the thing is the result of a normal breeding event instead of the mad scientist sh!t. If we hadn't all lost our forum blog pages when the decision was made to switch to a different forum software, I could post a link to the relevant text I copied from an old Dutch Passion article. If my hard drive hadn't shat itself recently, I could at least do a quick bookmark search, get the link to the original article, and send it to you via private message (would have been pointless to post it publicly, because I don't think DP is a sponsor, so you'd have had to be quite quick indeed to make use of it before an overzealous staff member ate it, lol).

But they did, and it did. The article is probably still up, though. Do a website search of DP's forum and you should be able to find it. Eventually. The article is about the feminized seed "thing," so if you include that along with DP's basic website (site:https://www.blahblahblah...) in your search terms, it'll knock the results list down to that article, plus all other articles in which "feminized" got mentioned... plus the web pages for each and every feminized strain seed they sell. Which is probably going to be a minor pain in the arse if you're not using a tablet or cell phone (if so, may God help ya) to do the search. But I don't know what else to tell you, other than, "It's pretty useful information if you work with normal cannabis seeds."

Oh - you probably don't want to use the Googlemonster to perform the search, even though it handles site-searches flawlessly, due to that whole "Google will bend you over the nearest chair and rape you - without a drop of lubricant - until you're left with your privacy/data torn and bleeding," thing. But DuckDuckGo uses the same data for its searches, just minus all the corporate datarape stuff.

Statistically 50% male/fem across a large sample. The fewer you plant the more statistically sketchy it gets. Three could be two m/f random.

Feminized seed 99%+ are female with a slightly higher rate of Hermie.

In more than a decade I haven't had any males or hermies with Fem seed. That will vary by how the plant is treated. Go and lollypop a poorly fed plant without destressing and yes they can turn Hermie.

I have grown a lot from bag-seed and was under the impression that on average 1 out of 3 will be male. my first indoor grow I planted 4 seeds an got 4 male plants. so when it comes to seeds you have to be lucky. better to use feminized seeds. nothing worse than wasting 7-8 weeks on male plants

Back
Top Bottom