Relative newb

Lazarus13

Hi all. I just completed my first soil/cfl budget grow a few months ago and had all of the newb problems. Nute mishaps, ph problems, fungus gnats spider mites and my girlfriend not watering my babies for 2 weeks while I was in hospital. I am in the midst of my 2nd soil grow and am gearing up for a switch to top fed dwc and trying to save up for some upgraded equipment. As soon as i figure this site out and check out the tutorials for posting i will get some pics up of my last grow and start a journal of my current one so i can get some of this expert advice for myself. Ive been reading some of Light Addicts traing method tutorials and im excited to try them out. I enjoy the cameraderie that exists in these forums and appreiciate all of you being here to help each other out in this incredibly enjoyable and rewarding past time. Thanks for having me.

I enjoy the cameraderie that exists in these forums and appreiciate all of you being here to help each other out in this incredibly enjoyable and rewarding past time.

Well said buddy! Welcome to the site, hope ya get it all figured out relatively fast so we can all checkout the latest grow!

Ps.. Did you break up with the gf? I probably would have...
:laughtwo:just kidding. ..maybe, idunno..

Thanks for the welcome. And no, shes still my lady. lol she has no green thumb and very little knowledge of what i do in my "garden". Its kind of my area, if you catch my meaning. She just enjoys the benefits.

Hello and welcome! I just joined the other day and I'm in the same boat as you. Currently on the tail end of my first grow using cfls. Planning to do another but this grasshopper must first learn how to plant an autoflower.....lol. I wish you success all the way around and I'm sure everyone here does also. I think you came to a good place....the key, are the grow journals. I believe this is where you get the knowledge and skill sets passed on from experienced and seasoned growers. It's also a place for you to document your baby's progress and have a record if you ever need it. Finally, it's a place for folks like me to read through for random but useful information. Journals provide a wealth of knowledge so bookmark those pages.
Hope you stick around and share your experiences with us.

Welcome Lazarus13 to the 420 community :byebye:

I would highly recommend starting a grow journal and linking it in your signature. It makes it so much easier for techno-dinasaurs like me and others to find your garden. The support you will get is unmeasurable with a grow journal. That and it gives you the opportunity to meet new people that perhaps you may have not gotten the chance to meet and develop relationships with them. I have only been on this sight for a short period of time, just long enough to finish out my 1st grow in over 30 years, and in that short period of time I have been lucky enough to meet some of the greatest people. Some are master gardeners, some are like me, still trying to work out the bugs, and others struggling to get just figure out what they need to do to get started, but each and everyone of them has been a privilege to meet. Many of them have become close friends and have been able to help me both in and out of the garden. While the support you will get for your garden is unmatched anywhere, one thing that gets over looked here at 420, well not so much over looked but definitely under-rated in my opinion, and that is the people you will be exposed to. The people here at 420 are not only generous, but are extremely genuine. You will not find a better group of guys and gals anywhere to be a part of.

Welcome, glad to have you as part of the group:hug:

Hey Lazarus13!!! Welcome to 420 Magazine!

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that the question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors! As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

So there's going to be a slight delay to my diving into creating a grow journal. My current project is done. 2 cases of root rot + 2 babies that just grew their balls= starting over. The grow tent i ordered came but is missing a cross bar so i have to wait on that and i need to build a new hood for my new tent. Thankfully i won some seeds from the gracious people at Gorilla so when i finally get things together i will have something definitely worth raising. I'll still be in these forums reading and learning until then...

Wow....sorry to hear about the turn of events. But I'm glad you haven't given up.....it is a set back but it seems you already have your footing back again. I hope your next set of seeds proves to better. I have a feeling, that soon, I will be reading your grow journal to its successful conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom