Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Man I seen my share of worms dropping by a thread outta plants a hanging before. I haven't seen one in the last few years and they are all over the place. I have a damn walnut tree in my neighbor's yard, that every year has a bag worn nest somewhere on it too. Man, bagworms hit a crop I was growing once on a guerilla grow back when, suckers wiped out like 25 big ass plants in afew days. Came back pulled the boat up and seen all my girls covered in web. Oh well,,, wasted that year. But Portland area has alot of what we call bud worms, I swear by that Captin Jack's shit once like 28 days before harvest. Stuff lasts like 3 weeks. Just my 2 cents my friend. I know your to far in, but if you have a problem and she ever keeps happening look into it. Work great for me,,, haven't seen a worm since, and I do have full nets hanging, still no worms. Congrats on the harvest and Keepem Green

Thanks for the commentary brother :thanks: I'm pretty sure I've heard that story a few times from you in the recent years :laughtwo:. Oh the memories those darn worms will inflict. Hard to forget what they do, I still argue that it's the #1 worst cannabis pest ever, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, yeah the Azamax (as per dear OMM's recommendation a few years ago) has solved my problem pretty much entirely, those were the first worms I had in the buds for over a year. I know why they went after it like fresh meat, I didn't give them a "final dose" during the mid-late transition, only the early-mid transition. And it's still possible to see infestations in the last ~2 weeks of flower, once one has already stopped spraying their choice product, the trick is inspecting continually so the eggs are detected, and once the eggs are detected you know you have 24-48 hours or less until they hatch. Just glad I caught them and got 'em dealt with. You know it's really bad if they're crawling out of the buds when they're drying, that's why I do a diligent inspection with the ice-pick prior to harvest, and by the time the buds have been washed, and trimmed immediately, nothing gets put in my drying rack that isn't absolutely clean/superb. Otherwise I just throw it away. But that's just me.

OK here is a pic of the final plant in flower - the Blueberry x Santa Maria (Pure sativa "Swamp Coffee" pheno), this plant wasn't cloned so the pheno is gonna be lost after harvest, because I don't like this strain as much as I do the Dawgs, but it's sure a nice looking plant, for a pure sativa pheno I'm really impressed with the density of the buds, they're rock hard. I called it the swamp coffee pheno because it has a bit of a musty/green/dominant coffee flavor, with absolutely no fruit. It does have a very minor skunk undertone. The resin is some of the stickiest too.

DJ Short's Blueberry x Santa Maria (Planck cut)
IMG_75983.JPG

OK let's take a look at the controlled veggie mothers (these are clones), these ladies acquired a stunt early on and they've been recovering ever since. I think I finally got them in gear by applying a probiotic Dr. Earth veggie tea a few days ago, already observing very positive results. So these will stay in veg for a while longer until I can take winter clones, then I'll transplant and release. Ideally, this needs to occur in the next few weeks in order to have them produce typical fall bud formations.

This is the Underdawg
IMG_75995.JPG

2 Sour Diesel Dawgs
IMG_76005.JPG

a Jack Dawg who was impacted most by the stunt, but is showing signs of recovery
IMG_76014.JPG

Swiss Cheese took the nutes and ran with it
IMG_76027.JPG

These have been kept in veg under 18/6 lighting under dual spectrum CFLs in the propagation tent, and are brought out for good ol' Sun during the day.​

Here's a shot of the Blue Santa I just harvested and washed

IMG_76114.JPG

And here are the pics of the veggie mothers, finally on the rebound, they loved the tea I gave them :morenutes: Finally they are growing again :yahoo:

Here's the Swiss Cheese
IMG_76078.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_76085.JPG

Jack Dawg
IMG_76097.JPG

Sour Diesel Dawgs
IMG_76106.JPG

:Namaste:

Best of luck with your harvest Lester!:thumb:

Best of luck with your harvest Lester!:thumb:

RL....you just keep cranking out the dank. Nice work brother.:Namaste:

:thanks: mates! All went well and all is good. Real happy with how the recent harvests went. Now I can focus on the mother veggies and taking clones. With the Sun angles diminishing slowly, I need to have the mothers cloned, transplanted, and released into the natural tent in the planter, within the next week or so. They would finish in early to mid December, so need to get them out asap while the Sun angles are still good and it's still relatively warm during the day. Hoping to get the next batch to produce regular fall flowers, and not winter-type flowers that are usually pretty skimpy. At the very least we should be in for some nice coloration for the Dawg variants, and usually the Swiss Cheese too.

They should flower quite fast though, probably will look ripe around 45 days in. Hopefully I can get most of them released in about a week, provided they go through a growth spurt right now :Namaste:

Here's a shot of the BB x SM (pure sativa pheno) in the curing jar. It's taking on a very chocolately flavor, no fruit at all, and no real skunk came out. So the dominant flavors are coffee/chocolate, which is actually a pretty rare trait among strains and phenos

IMG_76123.JPG

Looking Awesome Brother
whats that Ground cover? looks almost like small rosemary starters all over
Have a Great Week :thumb:

Looking Awesome Brother
whats that Ground cover? looks almost like small rosemary starters all over
Have a Great Week :thumb:

Aloha brother :thanks:

That would be the Juniper (procumbens sp.) :thumb:

Thanks for bringing the positive energy mate, hope you have a great rest of the week too :Namaste:

Captin Jacks once 3-4 weeks before harvest and them worms are history my friend. GL and Keepem Green.

What kind of lighting is that?

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In there is two 45 watt CFL bulbs (~5500 K), and one 30 watt CFL (~2700 K). A mix of these color spectrums mimics day-time color temperatures.

Update on the veggie mothers. Still haven't released them for the fall/winter session yet, holding off until we pay 1000$ to have a tree trimmed. Observing another positive reaction to a recent probiotic inoculation. They are doing just fine. The savored strains are:

- Swiss Cheese
- Jack Dawg
- Sour Diesel Dawg
- Underdawg

Note that these are all generational mother clones (stopped counting the generations, the Swiss Cheese cut/line I have growing is ~3+ years old)

IMG_76427.JPG

A small amount of LST can pay off when vegging in such a small chamber. :cheer:

Update on my mothers. They're almost ready to go into natural flower for a fall session, still vegging them. They've just been drenched with azamax to eradicate a fungus gnat infestation that took place after the recent probiotic tea. The heavy duty organics really tend to attract them.

Here they are, out for a spin on this nice warm summer-like day :surf:

Jack Dawg
IMG_76524.JPG

Underdawg
IMG_76534.JPG

Sour Diesel Dawg
IMG_76543.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_76553.JPG

Group
IMG_76562.JPG

:Namaste:

Them organics are a diner bell for the gnats for sure. You can turn the top inch of soil over to help control afew off too. Only time I ever got a bad bunch of gnats was right after top dressing with tooo much straight bat crap. Now I mix a 3/4 soil to 1/4 crap for a top dress when I trasion. I've always got afew gnats flying around in the flower. I'll be sitting in front of the PC in the living room and one will buzz by every once in awhile and I see it out the corner of my eye. I blame it on to much herbs, and I'm just seeing things. Or did I need a shower? As long as it's just afew I don't worry to much. I love it your still doing outdoor grows this time of year. If I had a plant flowering outside this time of year, it wood turn fuzzy with grey mold within a week. GL and Keepem Green

Them organics are a diner bell for the gnats for sure. You can turn the top inch of soil over to help control afew off too. Only time I ever got a bad bunch of gnats was right after top dressing with tooo much straight bat crap. Now I mix a 3/4 soil to 1/4 crap for a top dress when I trasion. I've always got afew gnats flying around in the flower. I'll be sitting in front of the PC in the living room and one will buzz by every once in awhile and I see it out the corner of my eye. I blame it on to much herbs, and I'm just seeing things. Or did I need a shower? As long as it's just afew I don't worry to much. I love it your still doing outdoor grows this time of year. If I had a plant flowering outside this time of year, it wood turn fuzzy with grey mold within a week. GL and Keepem Green

Looking good buddy

:thanks: for the support, mates! :Namaste:

Here's one from today

IMG_76612.JPG

(in order from left to right - UD, 2 SDD, SC, JD)​

Everytime I use a store bought potting soil, I get fungus gnats.

Even if the potting soil has been sitting for a year, when I water it, I get fungus gnats.

Back
Top Bottom