Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2018

Budding going rapidly for the Ultra Waui, potentially ~2-3 more weeks. On a perfectly timely flowering schedule, and for highly sativa dominant pheno it is remarkable.
IMG_9768.JPG

IMG_9769.JPG

A couple shots of the completely different Ultra Waui phenotype, which has a completely different terpene profile. This one is seemingly nearly pure sativa (recall the planted seeds came from a Maui Waui mother)
IMG_9772.JPG
IMG_9773.JPG

Now here is another completely different Ultra Waui phenotype. This one has far more resin content and more closely resembles the father (Ultra Dawg), as it is just leaking with resin content, and the flavors are quite similar with hints of fruit. There is a small change in the flavor, which should be interesting.
IMG_9774.JPG

Hey NW, thanks for checking back in. Apologies for the lack of updates to the journal. All in all, the plants grew well, I was happy with their structure and variation among 4 different phenotypes (for the Ultra Waui first generation). The only downside was a massive caterpillar infestation (with many different types of caterpillar) that kinda ruined it for me. Surprisingly, the plants were able to deal with it quite well, I caught them early and eradicated them as much as possible, with minimal loss to colas, however nonetheless, upon harvest and drying, dozens upon dozens (probably on order of a hundred or more) of worms of all shapes and sizes, including hatchlings continued to swing out. It was gross.

Anyway, aside the graph description, I got some flowers which serve as an example of the new strain's flavors. The nice structured plant below I did take a clone of to save the pheno, however it is not potent herb, very mid-grade light and mildly fruity sativa, but it has great growth, form, and structure.

IMG_9776.JPG
IMG_9777.JPG
IMG_9778.JPG
IMG_9787.JPG
IMG_9788.JPG
IMG_9789.JPG
IMG_9790.JPG

Some of the other phenos (shown above) were really pure sativa-like, with that typical "grassy" with a light fruit or, "swampy" type of flavor (a bit musty), just interesting to see the different flavor expressions among plants.

Below are some clones (taken from a few different strains: Ultradawg, Underdawg, Ultra Waui) that were recently released for a late season flowers. Today is in the 80 degree temperatures, like summer again!

IMG_9809.JPG

Cheers

Bummer bout the worms,,, and I know it's not your first rodeo. I've had my share jump off the drying nets before.. Little inchworms climbing down by threads in search of greener pastures... You know I like the Captin Jacks Dead Bug Brew for them. Have you ever tried it, Spinosad? It works up to 3 weeks before harvest, well, I spray the first week or so of Sept, when I think the main part of the eggs has hatched?? been working for me with a Oct 1st harvest date, you might wait a week longer before with your harvest date. I think the timing of the spraying is a big thing.. You got to spray right after the main body of eggs hatch and the worms can eat the shit. I don't know if it works on eggs.. But I woodn'd think so. BT last for 5 days before you have to respray.. But the 1 spraying 3 weeks before harvest and worms are history well least been. Been working the last 8 years here.. And the first couple years here,I had my share. And the problem does seem regional? GL

Sorry to hear about the caterpillars but at least you have a new round started....

Thanks buddy!

NW, I had been on a routine Azamax spraying (which should work as good as any of those products you mentioned). I made the mistake of stopping spraying too early, before all the eggs were laid. At that time, the colas were already quite well formed and I didn't want to enhance the risk of bud rot. Clearly it's a trade off. I think I'd rather have a bit of bud rot rather than a worm infestation, in retrospect.

I also made the mistake out taking them out of the netting material for better Sun, and failed to put them back in before dark. The moths went to town like wolves on meat. Anyway, not my first rodeo, and I'm not really growing these plants for medication (as I can get certified lab tested quality meds any time). I think now it's become more of a hobby and a novelty of creating new strains for fun, to see the different flavors/characteristics.

Hope your harvests went well this year :)

Great news. My second new invention has sprouted. Also, they were in dormancy at 34 F for only 1 month, I think that's about the lowest I could hibernate them and still get them to sprout. These seeds were a "sample aliquot" that I set aside t to test what is the minimum amount of time I can hibernate, and still get germinations (as an artificial winterization process). This is the Ultra Waui (Conrad's Ultra Dawg x Maui Waui) which I recently created, I took that and crossed it into the badass female Underdawg (Lem 's Special Unknown #1 x NYCD x CHEM91) that Lembatoast bred (his masterful creation). I called it "Lester's Cross" for easy keeping, for now.
IMG_9822.JPG

This (above) will just be a sample winter grow, I plan to germinate a fresh round come Spring time, from the main stash which is in full-hibernation indefinitely for storage.

A shot of the late fall crop, the Ultra Waui is on the right, with the Underdawg's in the back, and Ultra Dawg's on the left. Flowering initiated quick, within about 2 weeks. Hopefully I can fend off the bugs this time.
IMG_9823.JPG

Aloha

Plants look great...

I've never used azamax for worms... Not that it doesn't work,, but I use the Doctor Dead Bug because it targets mainly worms,, like azamax targets mites. But I'd think it wood work..............

Plants look great...

I've never used azamax for worms... Not that it doesn't work,, but I use the Doctor Dead Bug because it targets mainly worms,, like azamax targets mites. But I'd think it wood work..............

Azamax infact is a broad-spectrum insecticide, quite remarkable, it targets mite and caterpillars. I think it is actually more specific for many types of caterpillars than it is for mites. It works flawlessly, just have to time the spray correctly.

I'd rather not spray at all if possible. I think since it's now the off-season for moth/caterpillar mating that I might have more luck..:Namaste:

Really happy with the form and structure of the Ultra Waui blooms, boy is she a good looker. Too bad the herb is pretty weak potency. But on the other hand the Underdawgs you can smell from 30 feet away.

Ultra Waui
IMG_9840.JPG

Day 11: The Underdawg x Ultra Waui, first ever generation is doing really really well. Nearing time to put into pots, I'm hoping they'll grow into nice little 1 foot plants in 2-3 weeks, then I could release for a quick sample bloom.
IMG_9838.JPG

A few shots here, harvested the Underdawg and Ultradawg. The Ultra Waui is getting close but taking longer. Also a shot of the new first generation fresh veggies (Underdawg x Ultra Waui) sample crop. They are oozing with terpenes believe it or not...will release those for flowering soon
IMG_9854.JPG
IMG_9855.JPG
IMG_9856.JPG

IMG_9859.JPG

fly over .... Happy New Year Lester, that time again ........ just me maybe. I think it funny to see pot leaves just laying around as were ever the breeze blows them!! ...Peace and green with the new years
Untitled.jpg
grows!!

fly over .... Happy New Year Lester, that time again ........ just me maybe. I think it funny to see pot leaves just laying around as were ever the breeze blows them!! ...Peace and green with the new years
Untitled.jpg
grows!!

Wow hello goofyfoot! Thanks for dropping through and for the comment.

Best of Wishes and a Happy New Year! :Namaste:

A couple pics of my newest hybrid first ever flowering event of a female. Recently, I created the Ultradawg x Maui Waui hybrid (Ultra Waui), I took a male from this and pollinated a female Underdawg to create the Ultra Waui x Underdawg hybrid. This is what is flowering below.
IMG_9886.JPG
IMG_9891.JPG

I put into the LED grow tent for most of the time, but usually taking it out for some quality Sun during the day. Should be interesting to see how the flavors develop over time.

A couple pics of my newest hybrid first ever flowering event of a female. Recently, I created the Ultradawg x Maui Waui hybrid (Ultra Waui), I took a male from this and pollinated a female Underdawg to create the Ultra Waui x Underdawg hybrid. This is what is flowering below.
IMG_9886.JPG
IMG_9891.JPG

I put into the LED grow tent for most of the time, but usually taking it out for some quality Sun during the day. Should be interesting to see how the flavors develop over time
Looks Yummy...!!! didn`t think you would mind the pic, this is how hard my little ones are trying. like breathing on a mirror. I have a fan blowing right on them...

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 120
Brief update on the test-run for the new hybrid (Underdawg x Ultra Waui), I am very pleased the aroma and scents coming off this plant. In addition to the large amount of trichomes. Looks like this was a successful cross (we'll see how the bud cures). It's not done ripening, but getting close!
IMG_0239.JPG

Back
Top Bottom