Remember the First Time You Got High?

I remember my first smoke. It was 1969 and we had just completed a "drug education" class that made us all want to go out and experiment. A good friend bought a bag of oregano (sold as weed) which didn't work. After my older brother finished his laugh-o-thon at us, he hooked us up. I remember as we smoked, my oregano friend kept looking out the window and saying, "a car is coming! put it out!" Eventually, he left the window, smoked some weed with us and melted into the carpet.

1975 - my friend Jon and I split a $10 oz of commercial weed. It had buds, shake, seeds...just cheap stuff. It was in High School during "enrichment period" lol. So we smoked this jay rolled in those harsh yellow wheat straw papers. Course the weed was pretty harsh as well. BUT...I got SO HIGH! It was the best high ever. Almost hallucinatory, I'd say. Sound, vision, thoughts, all very buzzy. I don't remember walking inside, but I must have been peaking as I walked toward the balcony railing upstairs to watch the people in the mall below. Anyone remember Steve Austin - the 6 million dollar man? He'd move really fast and there'd be this ddddddddddddd kind of sound. Well, I was moving pretty slow and seeing everything slower and very clearly, and the same kind of ddddddddddddd effect. I remember, still very clearly, this pretty young innocent shy hispanic girl standing at the rail looking down as I walked up. She was an integral part of my first buzz. I've since smoked much stronger stuff (11 thai sticks in a week, once), but the commercial dirt bag gave me the best high.

In 1974, we took down the U.S. flag at our high school and replaced it with a black flag with a large pot leaf in the center. After a few hours, a police car pulled up and took it down. We lost our flag, but truly enjoyed the experience.

Back
Top Bottom