Remo Nutes, Aeroponics, Girl Scout & Phantom Cookies

2Crispy

Its been a while, see if I can give this another go.

While starting out I watched a lot of youetube videos on drying and curing. That was my introduction to Remo brands. I seeked out the REMO line of nutrients at a garden supply store in Belfair, Washington. This is my third grow with the buckets. Aeroponics/DWC is pretty user friendly and produces big plants. They are in a 4.5ft X 4.5ft tent under a LED light Bar I got at home depot for $98ish. The light bar is great for vegging.

As far as genetics. As a payment for a favor, I was given seeds claimed to be Girl Scout Cookie. Phantom Cookies, SinMint Cookies and Animal Cookies. It was a tough decision on what seeds to germinate because I had several other various strains. In addition to the GSC and Phc I popped a Strawberry Durban Diesel I got at Cannacon 2016 and I attempted to germ a OG Grape that was not cooperative.

I'll take some photos periodically and if anyone is familiar with these strains I would love your feedback, thanks

re: Remo Nutes - Aeroponics - Girl Scout & Phantom Cookies

Forgot to mention, these are cuttings off a mother plant. I know I stated that I started from seed.
IMAG11217.jpg
IMAG11249.jpg
IMAG11239.jpg
IMAG112511.jpg
IMAG112212.jpg
IMAG112612.jpg
IMAG11275.jpg

Pino, Rifleman and pennywise...thanks for checking this out. A week has passed and there is not much new to add. When adding the rock wool plugs to the clay pellets it takes some time for the roots to form. I gave them a bit of water every third day or so and I do see the roots growing into the pellets. I imagine next week at this time there will be some more evident growth in plant size. Also realized I took a closeup of a different strawberry. there are 2 of each clone so I might as well try to capture all of them moving forward. Anyway...
IMAG1131_1_.jpg
IMAG1131_1_.jpg
IMAG1130_1_.jpg
IMAG1130_1_.jpg
IMAG1129_1_.jpg
IMAG1129_1_.jpg
IMAG1132_1_.jpg
IMAG1132_1_.jpg
Until next Sunday...

Decided to top yesterday to start a manifold. I understand mainlining is better on seeds than cuttings but it works out for me. I do three cuttings to go from 1 to 2, 2 to 4 then 4 to 8 colas.

IMAG1140_1_.jpg
IMAG1137_1_.jpg
IMAG1134_1_.jpg
IMAG1136_1_1.jpg
IMAG1135_1_.jpg

IMAG1163_1_.jpg
IMAG1163_1_.jpg
IMAG1161_1_.jpg
IMAG1161_1_.jpg
IMAG1160_1_.jpg
IMAG1160_1_.jpg
IMAG1159_1_.jpg
IMAG1159_1_.jpg

Its been a little while since updating, I have been stupid busy and the garden has been neglected. I manged to change my whole grow room layout and have experienced some ventilation problems. I inherited another tent and now have two tents in a room plus a veggie room. Although both tents are vented with fans the temperature of the room has now increased dramatically. Its not even hot yet but I am going to have to come up with a solution on bringing the temp down.

Other challenges I have encountered are;
1. White powdery mildew. I got a SM-90 spray and it seems to have knocked out the problem after 1 spray. The fans leaves where starting to develop white spots which happened during my last harvest as my garden was over crowded.

2. Over fertilization. This is just plain stupid. Transitioning into my first week of flower with a line of nutes I never used before. I burned one before performing my garden maintenance. I had a print out of the nute levels. I use a 4 gallon bucket to measure the water. Seems my feeding chart was for an 6 gallon res. I thought to myself that it seemed like to much but proceeded anyway. After a few days I came to my senses and drained half the buckets and topped with ph'ed water. The plants are doing ok now but there is a little noticeable burn. Just a bit frustrated with myself as this is my first time with the REMO nutes and really wanted to compare versus the general hydro I having in the tent nest to it with the same genetics. I still early, only time will tell.

Im using demo nutes and I'm on week 2 of veg schedule and have a lot of yellow / white spots that have spread onto other leaves and are burning holes in them . maybe the nutes are to strong so i will half them for now . I'm in 60/40 hydro coco

2 Weeks completed in flower, before and afters
IMAG1163_1_.jpg
IMAG1177_1_.jpg

The plant on the lower right is the strawberry that was barley a rooted cutting before going into flowering 2 weeks ago. I managed to get my nutes calibrated correctly and the plants are thriving, except for maybe the GSC in the upper left of the photo.

How, or when do you take a photo with the HPS light? The plants photo nice under the LED, but the HPS is like staring into the sun.

IMAG1180_1_.jpg
IMAG1179_1_.jpg

Close up Phantom cookie and Strawberry Diesel

IMAG1193_1_.jpg
IMAG1198_1_.jpg
IMAG1197_1_.jpg
IMAG1195_1_.jpg
IMAG1194_1_.jpg
IMAG1196_1_.jpg

Quick update. I had to move some things around, when I shut off the light for a few minutes I thought it would be a good opportunity to get some pics. We have a bit of a heat wave here and I ended up shutting down one of my tents. I had to sacrifice 4 plants. I jammed 6 plants into this garden. It was an experiment of flowering right from rooted cuttings, so although they are tall the don't take much space.

Shutting down the second garden helped big time. However, you can still see some damage on one of the GSC where the leaves are taco effect. I changed nutes yesterday and have a better grip on the overall temperature so hopefully we can survive the heat wave.

I also ordered more nutes yesterday from Amazon. It is a pain to have to by the whole line of nutes and not just the 3 I need. I would have to drive 60 to 90 minutes, one way to find a retailer of the Remo brand. I can't believe there is not a distributor in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom