Removing the top half of big plant

Skalle

Hi

This is my first grow. My plant is in veg 10-12 weeks and about 4 ft diameter. I have 8 main branches where the bottom 4-6 have filled the grow space horisontaly. The top 2 branches are at least 1 inch in diameter and have many sidebranches. They start at about one foot from the roots. My question is if i should cut of the top two or four branches to lower the plant, and so the lower parts can get light. I would also have a more level plant for the flower cycle.

Some background info:

I`m new to growing and the first grow was to get some experience. I put the seed ,Critical Kush, in coco for a seedling. It took some time and the branch almost broke a week after it sprouted. I put the plant in a hydro system with the following ph swings and it did not thrive for a while. When it did start to grow good leaves and 4 nodes i installed a ph controller and was gone for one day. When i came back the pH had dropped to 3:) it put all the acid in the tank. I acusted the pH to 6,5. The day after the fan leaves was dropping. A few days they were dead. The roots also died.

New roots came and the plant started to grow. I transplanted it to a 13 gallon bucket and 13 gallon reservoar and 400w MH and topped it. Got a chiller for the water.

Now its quite big and im wondering if its going to be to tall. Its 12 inch from the lights and i can put the lights 16 inches taller. Im getting 4 mars 300w this week to put inn with the 400w MH. The plan is to start flower in a week.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Do you have another place to veg some clones?I'd cut some of it and clone them.do some lst on whats left,when the plant bounces back switch to flowering.I've cut the whole top of one of my clones.It did not like it.very slow growth.im gonna let it grow as I don't have any beans left

Back
Top Bottom