Removing your power supply from your light?

buzz62

HI all, just got a new Mars Hydro TSW 2000 :circle-of-love:and removed the power supplies to keep them cooler as they seemed too hot on top of the light. I discovered that the reflector picks up induced voltage of 15 Volts AC, with no discernible amps, from the lights and that running a separate ground back to the power supply mounting plate fixed the problem. It didn't seem dangerous, just disconcerting as the top of the reflector felt like it was buzzing or vibrating really fast when I touched it lightly. From the factory its grounded by the power supply mount, but I would recommend to all to run a separate ground if you are separating the power supply units from the reflectors, especially if there is no apparent ground like on a DC unit like this.

Hi Buzz62, thanks for sharing this with us! :green_heart: Since the new lights are no fan design, so when you touch it, you will find it more hot, it will be better to move the power supply outside during summer, and during winter, you might also want to put the driver in to increase some heat for plants. :Namaste:

Hi Sara, I was really only trying to reduce the power supplies heat, as usually excess heat +electronics = failure!! My room is large enough that the extra added heat isn't a problem, but I see how it could be in a tent. The stray voltage was freaking me out though!
As your from Mars, I have a few suggestions to improve your product, which I think is great btw!

1) Hanging mounts on the reflector so the customer doesn't have to modify it if they choose to isolate the power supplies on the mount plate. I suppose I could have left the mount plate on the reflector but it is useful in the power supply heat transfer and removing it keeps the reflector top at a uniform and cooler heat level.

2) an external potentiometer on the driver to make dimming easier.

Have a great day!!

yes, totally appciated the help ! :green_heart: We are upgrating our TS and SP with the extention cords so that it will be easier for everyone to remove the driver out. :Namaste:
Also, for the dimmer funtion, we are working on it as well, might improve the function in 2020. Because at first, this is not the main function we develop, just like a bonus from the driver. But we found so many growers like this function, so we are making some adjustments, Hopefully soon we will have that improved next year!:circle-of-love:

yes, totally appciated the help ! :green_heart: We are upgrating our TS and SP with the extention cords so that it will be easier for everyone to remove the driver out. :Namaste:
Also, for the dimmer funtion, we are working on it as well, might improve the function in 2020. Because at first, this is not the main function we develop, just like a bonus from the driver. But we found so many growers like this function, so we are making some adjustments, Hopefully soon we will have that improved next year!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom