Renegade's Hydro Flux - Featuring TwiLight Group's 432 Watt Spider COB LED

i know nothing about growing with LED, but i had great success with hydro ebb and flow system. I would think you would have the lights within 6 inches of the canopy. I was at least that close running a 400 w HPS.

KingJohn , you know LED's how close to the tops, is ideal with the new LED technology? :thanks:

Ahh...lol. I was leaning on your expertise...lol.

Just caught up & what a great little stealth grow this is. :thumb: I'm running a 96x3 at 12" on my tallest plant with no ill effects but I'd say 18" is the best height for it once your seedling has grown a bit. :)

re: your not having 50 posts yet, you can get there in an hour, just by looking at the pictures in my yard and clicking the "emoticon" dudes, that are most appropriate, for your opinion, of the pics. if you don't like those pics, do it in any other 420 yard that you like.

I believe this practice is well within guidelines. i'm glad u r enjoying the site! (thanks for the space Ren :passitleft:)

I have tried clicking on whatever emoticons I see, but nothing changes, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do??? Could you please explain a little further? Thanks.

C Sprite, the answer is in my yard, just posted for you.

Just caught up & what a great little stealth grow this is. :thumb: I'm running a 96x3 at 12" on my tallest plant with no ill effects but I'd say 18" is the best height for it once your seedling has grown a bit. :)

Yep, agreed and confirmed.

And I took Kings explanation to mean we may loose the proper blend of the individual LED's if we are too close. In my last grow I actually had it as low as 6" with no ill effects. But blending was a concern so I raised it back up.

I'll keep it within the manufactors recommendation.

22 Jul 14, Tuesday

Week 1, Day 4

Keep moving along folks, nothing to see here...LOL.

Ok, small update before beddie by time.... There will not be daily updates just when a milestone happens or res change out. Res change out will be on the weekends.

My old nemesis being PH and res temp. This is my adjustments...

Evening...
Air=84
RH=44
PH=6.8
PPM=
Res Temp=82

1ml of PH down to 8oz of water at 7.0 dropped it to 2.8.

Added 1 8oz frozen bottle of water to res.

After an hour rechecked PH and res temp....
PH=6.5
Res Temp=79

Added an additional 8oz of adjusted water to res.

Settled on 18/6 schedule. Off from 1200-1800. First week will be a 24 hour schedule.

After the second hour rechecked PH and res temp....
PH=6.2
Res Temp=79

Added an additional 8oz of adjusted water to res.

And added another ice bottle.

This process is being done slowly till I can figure out how much it's gonna take to bring the res down in temp and PH. I know King doesn't like adding nutes and adjusters directly to the res but need to get this figured out so I can plan accordingly at res change out.

At day 4 she's coming along nicely and is about the same as with the AG in the same time restraints.

New light on order and will change out the TopLED (has already proven itself) when new light arrives. Stay tuned for that one...LOL.

Day 4 pic.....

2014-07-20_20_25_41.jpg

2014-07-20_20_25_21.jpg

found this for ya, not my words :peace:

When starting with nutes it's always good to go with 1/4 strength recommended dose first then up from there.

I use this GH feeding chart, with the exception of other additives, and haven't had a problem in 3 grows..

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

hope this helps.

don't ask me to convert the metric, lol

here's the thread GH feeding HERE

found this for ya, not my words :peace:

When starting with nutes it's always good to go with 1/4 strength recommended dose first then up from there.

I use this GH feeding chart, with the exception of other additives, and haven't had a problem in 3 grows..

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

hope this helps.

don't ask me to convert the metric, lol

here's the thread GH feeding HERE

Yep, going with GH's Flora schedule. Same brand and schedule I used last grow.

I also use "RapidStart" for roots, some flavor nutes and "CaliMag".

And I probably will go 80% for a weekly change out or 100% for a bi-weekly with a small put back mid way thru. I'm gonna the plant tell me when she's hungry. I don't want to over fertilize this go round.

i know nothing about growing with LED, but i had great success with hydro ebb and flow system. I would think you would have the lights within 6 inches of the canopy. I was at least that close running a 400 w HPS.

KingJohn , you know LED's how close to the tops, is ideal with the new LED technology? :thanks:

I believe the optimal distance to place a LED light panel depends on the brand, whether uses 3 watt or 5 watt LED's and the angles of the lens or reflector used. I believe most 3 watt LED light panel manufacturer's recommend a 12"-18" minimum height above the canopy and most 5 watt LED light panel manufacturer's recommend a 18" minimum height above the canopy. I would use 3 gallon size pots if you are able to place all 3 plants in your grow area. I had not expected my plants to grow as large as they have under the 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and would have used 5-7 gallon size pots with all 3x of the AK48 #3's and the 1x Hindu Kush #3 with the height that they presently are. I can only comment on the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x and the growth and flowering response I have seen with using the full spectrum lighting.

Here are different illumination sources and their efficiency

Incandescent: 1.9-2.6% (10-17lumens/watt)
Halogen: ~3.5% (35-60 lumens/watt)
Compact Florescent Light and Tube Fluorescent: 9-11% (Compact Florescent Light 50-70 lumens/watt Tube 30-100 lumens/watt)
High Pressure Sodium: 27-32% (100-150 lumens/watt)
Metal Halide: 25-30% (75-100 lumens/watt)
LED: 17-46% (1mw -167+ lumens/watt)

I have also posted my reply in a blog so that more people may find it easily

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review

Is HEAT, the reason, why so much distance is needed, between LED bulbs & plant-tops/canopy? :thanks:

Reneg (re-neg, lol) glad you liked the GH share:thumb:

Not heat, intensity. Plants feel light as heat. LED bulbs usually too intense for seedlings. But, I guess the newer fixtures handle this some way?

Not heat, intensity. Plants feel light as heat. LED bulbs usually too intense for seedlings. But, I guess the newer fixtures handle this some way?

All of the above... But mainly the blend of the LED. I've been working this through my head and this is what I've understood after King's input....imagine a flash light beam...point it at the wall....now move closer....see the beam get smaller. Now put several lights side by side....the beams overlap....to close and the overlap effect gets smaller until they no longer overlap.

That's the same as the LED's. To close and you loose that blend, to far and you loose the effectiveness. The manufactors have figured out the optimum distance for us.

Sure as hell hope I've got that correct because I'm loosing my mind trying to understand it.

Not for anything but to just understand...LOL.

Before this journal I knew nothing...now I know enough to be dangerous....LOL.

Back
Top Bottom