Replacing one of two HPS with a MH

cannilingus

I heard somewhere, that doing this was good. well, i have two 600 watt hps lights, i changed one out, to a MH. So far, i have noticed no real difference. the plants under the mh, are starting to bloom, as usual. i do not see any additional stretch. and of course, the plants to the left, under the hps, are getting light off this. we shall see what happens, in the weeks that follow. anyone done this before, and can share experiences with doing both types lights? seems to me, the plants will get a wider spectrum, and do better. my favorite hps, is the sunmaster. the ones i have now, are the ushio. the light on the left, is actually run off a multi watt 1000/600/400 ballast. in the summer, for heat reasons, i run it at 600. as it cools down, i will crank it up to 1000. and, have the ability, to do 1100 on it. love the galaxy ballasts.

I believe an early experiment of this nature was done by Ed Rosenthal many years ago !

In the short... crossing both lighting spectrum's during the flowering phase one side was HPS the other MH in the middle the light spectrum became blended, the plants in the middle yielded more !

Mmm try getting a equal blend of light when hanging hps, mh together is pretty tough work.

How ever Ed's old experiment may of lead to modern belief that flowering plants do benefit from a little touch of blue spectrum whilst in flowering, hence the rise of duel spectrum bulbs to which i am pretty sure that Sun Master is such a brand of bulb :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom