Repot Re-Vegged Hempy Pot Plant

FloridaSunset

In my last grow I used a 30oz coffee can finished as a Hempy Pot with moderately hood success. This grow was only my second but it went way better than the first did so I've been a happy camper since it ended and learned some good new things along the way to boot.

I am re-vegging the plant in the same pot she grew in but have been thinking about moving the girl to a larger Hempy Pot to start a new grow. I have no experience in transplanting a Hempy so... Would moving from the small coffee can to a larger 1or 2 gal Hempy bucket be as simple as it seems? Just remove the plant from my smaller pot, trim up the roots to allow for the smaller vegetative mass, and re-plant into the larger prepared Hempy?

Seems like that would do it, but just want to be sure so I don't mess things up and especially don't want to harm the beautiful little mother either...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Hey Floridasunset a transplant is always good you'll be find i would not trim the roots but not to worry its a easy as you said your just over thinking. if your going to re-veg the same plant just remember its going to take a long time to re-veg but ones it takes off it will be a good grow

Hey Floridasunset a transplant is always good you'll be find i would not trim the roots but not to worry its a easy as you said your just over thinking. if your going to re-veg the same plant just remember its going to take a long time to re-veg but ones it takes off it will be a good grow

Many thanks! Kind of thought I was over-thinking things. It's not like I've never grown stuff before it's just that the seeds don't cost from $8-$25 a pop...

Hello Florida, transplanting is easy peasy in your hempy. I run hempys as well. You will be better off up potting to a bigger pot,especially if your coffee can is full of rootball mass. Simply,shake off the loose medium on top (medium dependant I use 100% perlite mainly), grab 'er by the base and wiggle her up gently. I prune my roots back when up potting from a 2gal to a pot larger when i'm going to veg longer. From solo cup to 2ltr or 2gal I don't bother as I almost never pot the plants roots beneath the hempy hole. It's up to you the grower and what you decide works best for your grow as far the pruning of roots go. The transplant will go smooth. No hiccups,no stalled growth,no fuss.
Hope this helps.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Hello Florida, transplanting is easy peasy in your hempy. I run hempys as well. You will be better off up potting to a bigger pot,especially if your coffee can is full of rootball mass. Simply,shake off the loose medium on top (medium dependant I use 100% perlite mainly), grab 'er by the base and wiggle her up gently. I prune my roots back when up potting from a 2gal to a pot larger when i'm going to veg longer. From solo cup to 2ltr or 2gal I don't bother as I almost never pot the plants roots beneath the hempy hole. It's up to you the grower and what you decide works best for your grow as far the pruning of roots go. The transplant will go smooth. No hiccups,no stalled growth,no fuss.
Hope this helps.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Many thanks, m'friend! It's like I'd said it's not that I don't have some experience with plants it's just that most I've worked with aren't quite as pricey as our little girls are so I just wanted to be sure things were as I thought they were before I went off and screwed the pooch!

Given the size of my tent (4x2x4) I've decided to go with a 2gal bucket. I am hoping that gives me adequate headroom (with a little serious training) while giving me a little bigger yield.

Was hoping to maybe be able to squeeze in a 3.5gal, but I don't see that would leave me with enough headroom given the ducting and light fixture up top. Sadly 4ft doesn't leave a lot of space to work with?

Will finish the grow with the 2gal and that should give me an idea as to what will actual fit...

Back
Top Bottom