Repotting seedlings?

roymac

When is it the best time to repot seedlings?.... My seedlings are 3.5 weeks since sprouting.... both are on the 4th set of true leaves. My 3rd grow...last 2 were ok but harvests could be better...will be starting LST as soon as possible to rectify this, hopefully! When should LST begin? any suggestions or advice will be very welcome. thank you.

If you have 4 nodes they should be ready for bigger pots - I'm assuming they're in little ones now? - like a solo cup or something? They should be fairly rootbound at transplant for best results, but the longer you leave them in small pots, the slower they'll grow until you repot them.

I always feel safe starting LST at about the 8th node. That way, you can bend it over at the 4th and get 6 or more branches up the side.

I was shocked myself at this most recent harvest under a 600w hps. I got 104 grams from a 20 inch plant in 135 days. I LST'd it that way.

:thumb:

I transplant my plants based on how fast the pots dry out after a thorough watering and the size of the plant to the pot. I start out my seedlings in 1 liter pots and let them go to about 4 nodes before transplant. Depending on how big of a pot it is in they are probably good to go.

I transplant my plants based on how fast the pots dry out after a thorough watering and the size of the plant to the pot. I start out my seedlings in 1 liter pots and let them go to about 4 nodes before transplant. Depending on how big of a pot it is in they are probably good to go.

An excellent idea. I usually wait until around 3-4 weeks but I do end up with some that suck the water down like crazy so they are probably ready sooner.

Here are pics of plants:) thanks guys.
CAM01503.jpg

View image in gallery

https://www.420magazine.com/

sorry guys somethin not right..... will try again tomorrow.

gallery/data/500/CAM015041.jpg
View image in gallery

When the plants roots begin to circle the bottom of the pot it is time to transplant, you can check the roots by supporting the stem of your plant and inverting the pot and gently tapping the bottom of the pot to loosen the soil so you may remove the pot and inspect the roots. Assuming your plant is growing well I would say to transplant your plant in 7-10 days to a 1 gallon pot.

Back
Top Bottom