Request: NYC Diesel Information

RooRman

Has anyone had any personal expierience growing the strain "New York City Diesel"? If anyone has any information and espescially any growing advice please feel free to post it here. Thank you.

This is the only information I have been able to find on this strain. (from Soma seeds)

STRAIN NAME: New York City Diesel

BREEDING - Mexican Sativa - Afghani

Indica: 80% Sativa: 20%

MINIMUM YIELD 25 grams ~ FLOWERING 10 weeks

The N.Y.C Diesel has its roots in the Big Apple, a friend brought the seeds and said that it was the best pot he ever smoked, he had dreads down to the ground so I believed him. This Cannabis tastes and smells like Ripe Red Grap efruits, once you touch the fresh buds you can't smell the other strains in your room or garden. N.Y.C Diesel will leave you an Exotic Taste, an Exotic Smell and an Exotic High.

So NOBODY here has got their hands on some of these seeds and grown them out? I find that hard to believe.

The dope on Diesel.
Diesel originated in a bag of Colorado indica called Chem/Dawg. A dozen seeds came out of a pound of Chem/Dawg. However the identity of the father is unknown. Most likely a C/D male or hermie. Clones of Chem/Dawg made it to NYC. Here the possessor started calling it diesel in reference to the taste and aroma. This shit is straight up siphoning fuel from a big rig.
This diesel was later crossed with a Super Skunk/Sensi NL. The resulting seeds produced Headband, Daywrecker Diesel and Diesel 1#.
Another diesel girl was crossed with a Super Skunk to make Sour Diesel.
Soma's diesel is in a word...unleaded. The citrus/grapefruit you describe is textbook for Soma's strain.
Diesel is sister to another elite strain OG Kush.
Unfortunately smoking the true diesel is something all too few will probably experience, including me.

i've read basically that it's not the most potent stuff...but the taste and smell is what keeps you coming back... Also soma seems to be a very respected grower/breeder

P.S. i have never grown any of the stuff but i'm really thinking of a type of diesel and kush for my next grow

You are correct in that the real diesel is one of the most flavorful strains around, but it is also very potent. Maybe not a G-13 couchlock but who enjoys that. Also the Diesel offered by Soma is not the true diesel. Real diesel should taste like well diesel, Soma's is citrusy and markedly weaker.

ntezbngggreen said:
The dope on Diesel.
Diesel originated in a bag of Colorado indica called Chem/Dawg. A dozen seeds came out of a pound of Chem/Dawg. However the identity of the father is unknown. Most likely a C/D male or hermie. Clones of Chem/Dawg made it to NYC. Here the possessor started calling it diesel in reference to the taste and aroma. This shit is straight up siphoning fuel from a big rig.
This diesel was later crossed with a Super Skunk/Sensi NL. The resulting seeds produced Headband, Daywrecker Diesel and Diesel 1#.
Another diesel girl was crossed with a Super Skunk to make Sour Diesel.
Soma's diesel is in a word...unleaded. The citrus/grapefruit you describe is textbook for Soma's strain.
Diesel is sister to another elite strain OG Kush.
Unfortunately smoking the true diesel is something all too few will probably experience, including me.

Thanks for the information everyone, I was however aware of this story of NYCD's lineage. I was more looking for people with personal growing knowledge of this strain.

Reguardless, keep all the good information and discussion coming and who knows, you might even get to see some nice pictures. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Calling Soma's strain "Diesel" ,"NYC Diesel" or any other variation of Diesel is a misnomer.
RooMan, Soma has a grow book out. What better place to get the dope on his offerings.
Good Luck

ntezbngggreen said:
Calling Soma's strain "Diesel" ,"NYC Diesel" or any other variation of Diesel is a misnomer.

Please elaborate on this point. I am not sure what you mean. It is said that Soma made NYCD by breeding an original diesel bagseed plant, to an AfganixHawaiian plant. Or are you saying that the NYCD taste and high is so different from other strains called diesel it should not be in the same family?

ntezbngggreen said:
RooMan, Soma has a grow book out. What better place to get the dope on his offerings.
Good Luck

That book is definatly on my christmas list. From me, to me. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom