Reside in New Mexico? here are your MMJ laws

Waterfall

NEW MEXICO

Senate Bill 523 , "The Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act"
Approved: March 13, 2007 by House, 36-31; by Senate, 32-3
Effective: July 1, 2007
Removes state-level criminal penalties on the use and possession of marijuana by patients "in a regulated system for alleviating symptoms caused by debilitating medical conditions and their medical treatments." The New Mexico Department of Health will administer the program and register patients, caregivers, and providers.
Conditions covered: "cancer, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord, with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, epilepsy, HIV+ or AIDS status, admitted into hospice care in accordance with rules promulgated by the department, or any other medical condition, medical treatment or disease as approved by the [Health] Department."
Cultivation: Cannabis growers ("providers") will be licensed by the New Mexico Department of Health. The Health Department will distribute the marijuana to qualified patients.
Possession: Senate Bill 523 permits a qualified patient or their registered caregiver to possess an "adequate supply," which is defined as "an amount of cannabis, in any form approved by the department, possessed by a qualified patient and the qualified patient's primary caregiver that is determined by rule of the department to be no more than reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of cannabis for a period of three months and that is derived solely from an intrastate source."

C/P
"The Health Department will distribute the marijuana to qualified patients."
Don't like the sound of that part. They going to set the amount you get to use?

i wouldn't mind living in new mexico but having experienced california's compassionate system i just wish new mexico, as well as other states, adopted a system like california's. although i applaud new mexico for allowing mmj i find it too restricting for those patients whose conditions aren't so severe. mmj alleviates both physical and psychological pain, in addition to the physical pain caused by psychological pain. if new mexico wants a truly righteous mmj law it should incorporate the psychological pain into their laws. if it is already, then nevermind.

Since the posting of NMMJ laws some new conditions were added in April of 2009 to include Chronic Pain, P.T.S.D. However, living in NM I have found it hard to locate oa Doctor to write such RX'S. I am a disabled Veteran with no likely hood of obtaining MMJ thru the VA System. Therefore, if anyoneknows of a prescribing Dr. in NM please let me know.

Welcome to 420, Travel5762. Backdoor legislation has made Drs 'recomendations' hazardous to them. Also their sponsors the big pharma outfits don't appreciate the loss of business MMJ represents. If you utilize VA, don't mention MMJ. Our grow room has plenty of practical demonstrations and help for you to supply yourself with the best for less. On the QT of course ;)

Since the posting of NMMJ laws some new conditions were added in April of 2009 to include Chronic Pain, P.T.S.D. However, living in NM I have found it hard to locate oa Doctor to write such RX'S. I am a disabled Veteran with no likely hood of obtaining MMJ thru the VA System. Therefore, if anyoneknows of a prescribing Dr. in NM please let me know.
Try here:

eveeltingmd(dot)com(slash)appointments(dot)html

Back
Top Bottom