Residential outdoor grow?

How about growing auto flowering outdoors to keep plant size down?
Two crops should be possible?

This year is my first try at growing and I was way over optimistic
on hours of sun in the back yard. Front has better sun but less privacy.
Two crops are possible. Start one indoors, in an equator facing window (hah - works for those down under as well :cheesygrinsmiley:) about 1/3 of its total grow time before placing it outdoors.

You don't need an auto to keep plant size down. You can top and train to accomplish this.

This year is my first try at growing and I was way over optimistic
on hours of sun in the back yard. Front has better sun but less privacy.

I wish I could legally grow cannabis in my front yard. The place might end up looking like botanical gardens, lol.

That reminds me, for those who are legally allowed to grow cannabis (not "for medicinal use," but in the locations where everyone can), what's the stated justification for requiring that it be hidden? I mean, if an activity is legal and the neighbors don't like it, f*ck 'em, they can move. Well, I'd ordinarily attempt to phrase that a little more politely, but it should be the same as any other legal activity, IMHO. If you don't like your neighbor's behavior/activities, you're welcome to discuss that with the neighbor, and he/she has the right to make the decision to discontinue the thing - or not. If he/she chooses not to, your options are to learn to live with the thing... or to find a new set of neighbors.

But cannabis, oh no, that's different. I think we'll see some interesting court cases down here if/when it becomes legalized at the federal level, and general precedent starts to apply.

Here in Nova Scotia they left it up to the municipalities to decide where cannabis could be grown. The rules in the Halifax Regional Municipality are:

"In the urban and suburban areas of the municipality, plants will have to be grown inside or in a detached structure, like a shed or greenhouse, to help ensure public safety and to mitigate the potential impact of the smell of the plants interfering with a neighbour’s enjoyment of their own property.

If you live on a lot where you don’t have municipally provided sewer and water, you will be able to grow your plants outside as there is generally much more space between properties."

After this it is in the hands of property owners. Many, especially owners of apartment buildings, have banned tenants from growing cannabis. Quite a few of these have also banned smoking or vaping cannabis products on their properties.

The nuisance bylaws have also been changed. Under those bylaws it is quite possible for your neighbours to complain and get a court order preventing you from growing cannabis on your own property, or one that you rent. This includes indoor grows, as well as those in a detached building, or outdoors. It is also possible for your neighbours to prevent you from smoking cannabis on your property.

Yea my neighbour hasnt really said much since i put em all out.. but we dont talk much anyway.
I really dont give a flying fu*k though.

I am a "millenial" i worked very hard and put away any money i came accross to buy a house for myself...
Missed out on vacations and all sorts of trips to stay home and work... save ... save ... save.. southern Ontario.. right..

So now i wont take any flak about it.
Sorry but theres no way the plants in my yard are causing anyone any trouble.

Lesson learned this year though.
I put one out earlier than the rest to free up some space in veg tent and it started to flower.. (top right) smaller than others..
20190629_074234.jpg

In southern ontario your best to keep em inside until middle of june close to summer solstice.
Got too excited i guess
Here they are today catching theyre first piece of morning sun

Back
Top Bottom