Resin - Can you smoke it?

Resin, yes, you can smoke it. You can also smoke oregeno, pine needles, belly button lint, etc.

Just cuz you can, doesn't mean you should. I have smoked resin in my weed poor days, and I never really felt it got me "High", it felt different, like whatever I wasn't supposed to be inhaling was going into my lungs, and in return making me feel different.

Definitely not comparable to smoking hash or weed though. I'd personally opt not to smoke, than to smoke resin. Never been that desperate to get high.

I feel you Willy.

I guess its comparable to Natty Ice or PBR........you know its shit but it does the job.

I don't like it but would gladly drink a PBR before smoking resin.

I'm sure if you asked me 25 years ago tho I woulda said
"out of weed? Hell ya I'll smoke resin" :lot-o-toke:

:peace:
WillyB

I don't like it but would gladly drink a PBR before smoking resin.

I'm sure if you asked me 25 years ago tho I woulda said
"out of weed? Hell ya I'll smoke resin" :lot-o-toke:

WillyB

Hahaha yeah I think we've all been there, but I know what its like when I don't clean my bong bowl for a while, and while taking a hit I accidently burn some resin and suck it in..... makes me feel sick when I exhale. I don't think I could bring myself to smoke resin now even if I wanted. I'll take you up on that PBR instead for sure. ;)

I hate glass pipes.... I prefer a bong BUT, if I have to use a pipe I use my 1981 ish protopipe.
Can't remember when I bought it, somewhere between 1980 and 1983.

WillyB

Personally, Yes you can get high off Resin. Dangerous tars though? i'm not so sure, if anything it might be covered in butane from your lighter but then again, so is your bud. Resin has no THC, or little to none; Not what i've been told. If hash is melted cannabis, and its one of the purest forms, doesnt that mean resin since its been periodically melted down would contain THC? come on now, thats just common sense.
People who bash on resin smokers: don't be a hater. I bet at least half of the haters also abuse pills when they have no weed, or abuse harder drugs because they can't get bud. Those who stick to Bud, Resin, Hash, especially in times of need when they are craving, i have more respect for.

Personally, Yes you can get high off Resin. Dangerous tars though? i'm not so sure, if anything it might be covered in butane from your lighter but then again, so is your bud. Resin has no THC, or little to none; Not what i've been told. If hash is melted cannabis, and its one of the purest forms, doesnt that mean resin since its been periodically melted down would contain THC? come on now, thats just common sense.
People who bash on resin smokers: don't be a hater. I bet at least half of the haters also abuse pills when they have no weed, or abuse harder drugs because they can't get bud. Those who stick to Bud, Resin, Hash, especially in times of need when they are craving, i have more respect for.

Hash isn't melted cannabis. Its processed, usually via ice water, to seperate the THC from the plant material. Hash is definitely not melted cannabis.

THC has a relatively low combustion temperature (about 392° F) so when you smoke a bowl, the THC, along with the plant material combusts and forms smoke. Typical smokers exhale 70% or more of the smoke from each hit. What is left behind is the resin and tar from the plant material and smoke residue, and really should contain little to no THC, because THC burns at a much lower temperature than the plant material around it.

Thats where using a vaporizer allows one to see the difference you get when you burn pure THC, vs THC + all that other material. I don't doubt that "all that other stuff" could play into some kind of high, but its doubtful there is much THC in your resin enough to overpower the other stuff.

Anyhow, not being a hater by any means, just trying to deal in logic and facts. It is a little absurd that you would asume that people that don't smoke resin "automatically" abuse some other drug in lieu of cannabis.

little buzz? idk bout that.. i get stoned as shit when i smoke resin.. ;) in my opinion it hits the best out of a pipe, you jus gosta poke at it and mess with it (paper clip works fine) in between every other hit. It does make sense that the thc is burned though..

Honestly i think a bowl of resin is more potent then a bowl of ganj because it burns sooo slow haha resin smokers know what i mean.

Health wise? It looks like straight up tar, and when you smoke it.. it liquifies for a bit and bubbles then it hardens like a rock.... so...yeah most likely not too good for you but then again what isn't these days.. it's derived from weed so its all good in my book :grinjoint:

by the way our lungs are probably filled with this shit haha

anyone remember those steel pipes we would buy in the 80's. They were made out of lamp parts, always had a screen, and you could put extra weed in a middle chamber and resinate the hell out of it.

big thank you to whomever started the glass pipe trend.

hey hey now... i have one of those pipes and i personally love it.. i stash weed in it and get it resinated..perfect for smoking resin out of too and the best part? being able to drop it as much as you want and not have to worry about it breaking

A word to the wise... couple weeks ago I cleaned my pipe with nail polish remover...got a ton of resin, and was pysched. I smoked it..big mistake..fucked me up bad...not a good idea.

ever think... umm idk.. it was because the nail polish?? wtf use a paper clip, it works too

I didn't know there were so many Noobs out there. Think about it, how do you make hash weed? Same concept. Whenever the smoke from mj touches something, it gets released onto it (reason why it turns black) cuz in smoke form, the thc is already activated. much the same way you make hash weed. So when the resin builds up in your pipe or piece or whatever, it is building on Layers of already activated thc. Like when you smoke from an apple then eat the apple, it gives you an extra kick. Or like drinking bong water. If the already thc activated smoke rubs on something, and you digest or inhale that something, you will get high. That's why you can't just eat straight pot. Well you can but it won't do a thing. You have to activate the thc first by either burning it, vaping it, or making edibles. And the only way edibles are made is if the thc is activated. And the only thing thc is soluble in is fats like oils or alcohol. Such as butter. Cuz butter is oil. Anyways my point is,resin does get you high. Actually pretty high depending on how long the resin has been building and how many layers of already activated thc are there. Hope this cleared everything up. I know how it works, I just wanna know how bad it is for you.

I didn't know there were so many Noobs out there. Think about it, how do you make hash weed? Same concept. Whenever the smoke from mj touches something, it gets released onto it (reason why it turns black) cuz in smoke form, the thc is already activated. much the same way you make hash weed. So when the resin builds up in your pipe or piece or whatever, it is building on Layers of already activated thc. Like when you smoke from an apple then eat the apple, it gives you an extra kick. Or like drinking bong water. If the already thc activated smoke rubs on something, and you digest or inhale that something, you will get high. That's why you can't just eat straight pot. Well you can but it won't do a thing. You have to activate the thc first by either burning it, vaping it, or making edibles. And the only way edibles are made is if the thc is activated. And the only thing thc is soluble in is fats like oils or alcohol. Such as butter. Cuz butter is oil. Anyways my point is,resin does get you high. Actually pretty high depending on how long the resin has been building and how many layers of already activated thc are there. Hope this cleared everything up. I know how it works, I just wanna know how bad it is for you.

Please don't smoke your bong water. You said it yourself, THC is soluble in fats, oils, or alcohol. Not water, so you'll just be drinking nasty bong water.

Once I collected resin and didn't want to smoke it... And this is gross. I swallowed it. Got me pretty high though. I would not smoke or ingest it again though. I have steady access to herb even if its priced ridiculously.

Rez isn't so bad if it's once in a while.... aslong as it isn't from your Bong if you're a regular bong user like i am. I use my bong a shit load, and every month there comes a time where i run out of money and run out of weed. I used to smoke my rez and clean my bong when this would happen, and trust me... theres alot. the rez u smoke in a bong makes more rez, over and over again, every time you smoke it you'll get more. i used to think this reycling system was awsome for stoners.... until i found out how many diseases you can get from using a bong often. If u dont clean your bong often and with the right products, bacteria forms on the glass wich then goes into the water. If you dont empty out your bong water everyday, more bacteria forms in the bong water. the bowl pipe (where the rez forms) chills in the water. do the math, the bacteria in the water go in the Rez, then if u smoke that for a while beccause your broke or dry or wtv.... one day you'll wake up and have to puke your life and find out the rez made u sik.

(this happened to me this morning at the clinic, i found this site by looking for a theory to why i was feeling sick)

......dont smoke bong rez unless your a noob basically....

You only smoke bowl resin after months of smoking weed out of it (preferably dank dro) so all the tar and resin accumulate and it will actually form like a ball of resin right below where you pack it. All those times when small pieces fell through, and when you take that last hit and sometimes suck the weed through (I dont use screens) all of that adds up and if your lucky you'll have a nice little smoke session. I've literally hit my bowl 12 times and got giant fucking rips off it and im fucking blasted atm

Rez isn't so bad if it's once in a while.... aslong as it isn't from your Bong if you're a regular bong user like i am. I use my bong a shit load, and every month there comes a time where i run out of money and run out of weed. I used to smoke my rez and clean my bong when this would happen, and trust me... theres alot. the rez u smoke in a bong makes more rez, over and over again, every time you smoke it you'll get more. i used to think this reycling system was awsome for stoners.... until i found out how many diseases you can get from using a bong often. If u dont clean your bong often and with the right products, bacteria forms on the glass wich then goes into the water. If you dont empty out your bong water everyday, more bacteria forms in the bong water. the bowl pipe (where the rez forms) chills in the water. do the math, the bacteria in the water go in the Rez, then if u smoke that for a while beccause your broke or dry or wtv.... one day you'll wake up and have to puke your life and find out the rez made u sik.

(this happened to me this morning at the clinic, i found this site by looking for a theory to why i was feeling sick)

......dont smoke bong rez unless your a noob basically....

Well, they dont call it black death for nothin':cough:
I'm no noob but im waitin for my pay to come in and my other shits 4 weeks away so i'ma go hit some.

Back
Top Bottom