Rethinking Michigan's Medical Marijuana Law

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Some Republican lawmakers at the state Capitol are proposing amendments to Michigan's voter-approved medical marijuana law.

They say the law makes it too easy to divert prescription marijuana for illegal purposes.

The law allows terminal and chronically ill patients or caregivers to get a state license and doctor's prescription for up to 12 seeds to grow their own pot. The state's issued more than 15 hundred licenses.

State Senator Gerald Van Woerkom says it will be tough for state regulators to keep track of all those growers.

"You know, if you have enough Miracle Gro, you can probably get an awful lot of extra marijuana growing in your house," says Van Woerkom.

Van Woerkom says there's already a system in place for getting controlled substances to patients. He says the state should allow no more than 10 growers to distribute medicinal marijuana through pharmacies.

Before that can happen, though, federal laws would have to be changed. It is still a federal crime to grow or sell marijuana for any reason.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Public Broadcasting.net
Copyright: 2009 Associated Press
Website: MICHIGAN: Rethinking Michigan's Medical Marijuana Law (2009-06-07).

are they going to tell us we can't grow food in our gardens too because it threatens walmarts grocery sales.....

sounds like big pharma talking

are they going to tell us we can't grow food in our gardens too because it threatens walmarts grocery sales.....

sounds like big pharma talking

actually i do remember reading about a discussion of some sort about veggie garden regulation. i don't remember where or the source. and if i did it would be off topic so i'll shut up now
;)

"You know, if you have enough Miracle Gro, you can probably get an awful lot of extra marijuana growing in your house," says Van Woerkom

Sounds like this guy speaks with a lot of experience.:rolleyes3

This guy is a F*cking Tool

This sounds like the Republican Party and another way to profiteer from someone problems. The law was passed by 63% of us and the same 63% or more can NOT RE-ELECT Senator Van Woerkom just as easily. Besides this joker says that with enough Miracle Grow you can probably get an awful lot of extra Marijuana. What a joke as if any self respecting person would try to grow medical marijuana with Miracle Grow and all the chemicals it contains. He must be getting support from the big pharm companies. Besides like it is now the patient not the doctor has control of their med supply. And what kind of guarantee would we get that there will be as much freedom of information about the type of cannabis you decide to use. I say fire his ass quick as possible.

Ya'll get er done, fire his ass, sounds like a bottom feeder with 10 friends who "guarantee" they can supply the state ... with enough "miracle grow"

The kicker to this is that the good Senator is almost out of office due to term limitations....but he is likely to just go back to the family business. Nurseries...yes, the plant kind. The same kind that would get the 10 permits to grow in Michigan. This guy may not be so much anti-pot...but pro-greed.

(Sorry...this is the wrong senator....this is one of the other sponsors)

State Senator Gerald Van Woerkom says it will be tough for state regulators to keep track of all those growers.

lol, Senator Prohibitionist, who cares how many citizens are growing it, the more that do, the less we need cartels to supply us.

Back
Top Bottom