RetiredRN Gorilla Glue, Northern Lights 2021 First Time Grower

hey @RetiredRN
Hope the worlds treating you well.
It’s hard to know what to do sometimes isn’t it?
No way I’ve got the confidence to mess around with my girls, way too precious when close to harvest.
Peace an love to y’all ❤️
Hi Bud love. It is hard to know what to do but I welcome any and all suggestions since I have only part of a clue about what I’m doing. My harvest is critical to my longevity. I have severe PTSD and insomnia previously addicted to prescription drugs, but was able to throw them all out once I was able to start smoking marijuana again. Once I get this grow harvested and cured I can relax a little bit about what I do with my next grow , but for now, I have to be very cautious because I am so close to harvest

Hi Bud love. It is hard to know what to do but I welcome any and all suggestions since I have only part of a clue about what I’m doing. My harvest is critical to my longevity. I have severe PTSD and insomnia previously addicted to prescription drugs, but was able to throw them all out once I was able to start smoking marijuana again. Once I get this grow harvested and cured I can relax a little bit about what I do with my next grow , but for now, I have to be very cautious because I am so close to harvest
Absolutely retiredRN. It’s a magical erb.
im rattling with meds since I got a heart prob. Ive now got a few probs with my neck an shoulders.(and a few more joints here an there)
The erb is the only thing that helps as I can’t have any of the stronger pain killers.
anyways.. RRN , hope you don’t mind me poppin by. Only been growing 12 months myself.. wish I’d of started years ago.
peace an love an all that.
Bud

Absolutely retiredRN. It’s a magical erb.
im rattling with meds since I got a heart prob. Ive now got a few probs with my neck an shoulders.(and a few more joints here an there)
The erb is the only thing that helps as I can’t have any of the stronger pain killers.
anyways.. RRN , hope you don’t mind me poppin by. Only been growing 12 months myself.. wish I’d of started years ago.
peace an love an all that.
Bud
I welcome everyone to pop by. The more the merrier!

I welcome everyone to pop by. The more the merrier!
Ahoy There!
Do you keep a gardening journal young lady? I use a simple table from MS Word. It helps me remember what I did last week, and yesterday LOL. Older folks like me don'r remember to remember.
This is an old example of some Chem Dawg

Ahoy There!
Do you keep a gardening journal young lady? I use a simple table from MS Word. It helps me remember what I did last week, and yesterday LOL. Older folks like me don'r remember to remember.
This is an old example of some Chem Dawg
I do keep one

Hey @Emilya @Virgin Ground . My gorilla glue auto in the left back with the big buds is 76 days old today and it seems like the pistols just stopped turning brown. I would have thought once they started that it would takeoff from there but that does not seem the case it seems like it’s taking forever for this plant. I hate having to be patient lol. All of the other plants are northern light autos and all of them are 67 days old today including the one in the left front that flowered way before the rest of them. It does not seem to have any brown pistols at all. Everyone was fed cha ching, big bloom and buds and bloom Foxfarm nutrients and a little bit of Cal mag. I hope that gorilla glue plant is going to smoke good because it is sticky and just loaded will trichomes. I have a question today. My humidity in my tent is running 52% because we are in our rain right now right now because we are entering into our spring here. Should I got get a dehumidifier to bring that down? I’m running in addition to my exhaust system, 2 pole fans in there.

7D753E09-094B-4CB4-B31D-8DEC81717EA3.jpeg

27DF4C20-D434-4F65-9235-ACBFCDF4CD44.jpeg

C0EE9722-4BD5-42B7-A8A2-ACE0AA484279.jpeg

Thoroughly sedated is how I roll. I have severe insomnia from 30 years of shift cycling at work.
Hey @RetiredRN I agree with you wholeheartedly! There was a time in my life where I was taking over the counter sleep aids , 10 mg Ambian at the same time, all I did was crave, think about, want, need sleep I was maybe getting 3-4 hrs a night of broken sleep, My wife is a RN and did not like the idea of me starting to smoke again after years of not smoking and as she put it getting High and the smell ( she has never smoked) and I respected that. She has now educated herself on Cannabis and it’s medical properties and has no problem with me smoking. I sleep a full night every night and nap when I want and no worries or prescription drugs. Problem solved with one bowl of GDP nightly or most INDICA strains.

Hey @RetiredRN I agree with you wholeheartedly! There was a time in my life where I was taking over the counter sleep aids , 10 mg Ambian at the same time, all I did was crave, think about, want, need sleep I was maybe getting 3-4 hrs a night of broken sleep, My wife is a RN and did not like the idea of me starting to smoke again after years of not smoking and as she put it getting High and the smell ( she has never smoked) and I respected that. She has now educated herself on Cannabis and it’s medical properties and has no problem with me smoking. I sleep a full night every night and nap when I want and no worries or prescription drugs. Problem solved with one bowl of GDP nightly or most INDICA strains.
My husband was the same way with me about it until he saw the difference it made in my life. I told him I don’t care who you are , everybody deserves to be able to sleep at night. Being a medical professional I had to wait till I retired to smoke it. I wish I had it before going into some of the shifts that I went into because It sure would have made things alot easier. As I reflect back on the last 30 years I don’t know how I did it. My sleep is still broken in 2 1/2 to 3 hour increments because my harvest has not come in yet for me to be able to make edibles to get me through the night but at least I’m sleeping in those increments whereas before I was like you and got less than four hours of sleep a night.

Hey @Emilya @Virgin Ground . My gorilla glue auto in the left back with the big buds is 76 days old today and it seems like the pistols just stopped turning brown. I would have thought once they started that it would takeoff from there but that does not seem the case it seems like it’s taking forever for this plant. I hate having to be patient lol. All of the other plants are northern light autos and all of them are 67 days old today including the one in the left front that flowered way before the rest of them. It does not seem to have any brown pistols at all. Everyone was fed cha ching, big bloom and buds and bloom Foxfarm nutrients and a little bit of Cal mag. I hope that gorilla glue plant is going to smoke good because it is sticky and just loaded will trichomes. I have a question today. My humidity in my tent is running 52% because we are in our rain right now right now because we are entering into our spring here. Should I got get a dehumidifier to bring that down? I’m running in addition to my exhaust system, 2 pole fans in there.

hey @RetiredRN
Hope your well.
Those girls looking beautiful .
Peace an bud

hey @RetiredRN
Hope your well.
Those girls looking beautiful .
Peace an bud
Thanks! It is my first time so I ok pleased with them but I have learned alot and think my next grow will be better.

It's pretty normal for them to put out more pistils as they grow. It does seem to take forever for the first few grows. I hardly notice it now. It's just something that you'll get used to.

Buds can double in size the last few weeks of flower. I haven't grown many autos. Three is all in fact. Mine all went over 100 days. Depends on when the auto starts flowering. You may not have to wait that long.
Just go by the trichs, especially when dealing with anything that has a good amount of sativa in it. They can keep cranking out the white pistils even though the plant is ripe.

I wouldn't worry about rh that's below 60% if you have multiple fans going. That isn't that high.
Do take notice if it goes over 70% if you are using a carbon filter. They begin to clog at higher rh.
I don't run them in veg for that reason. I will run the extraction fan but without the filter.

If you start seeing light gray blotches then you may have a powdery mildew issue. Just keep a keen eye out.

It's pretty normal for them to put out more pistils as they grow. It does seem to take forever for the first few grows. I hardly notice it now. It's just something that you'll get used to.

Buds can double in size the last few weeks of flower. I haven't grown many autos. Three is all in fact. Mine all went over 100 days. Depends on when the auto starts flowering. You may not have to wait that long.
Just go by the trichs, especially when dealing with anything that has a good amount of sativa in it. They can keep cranking out the white pistils even though the plant is ripe.
Ok thanks. So I will keep checking the trichomes and go by that instead.

I wouldn't worry about rh that's below 60% if you have multiple fans going. That isn't that high.
Do take notice if it goes over 70% if you are using a carbon filter. They begin to clog at higher rh.
I don't run them in veg for that reason. I will run the extraction fan but without the filter.

If you start seeing light gray blotches then you may have a powdery mildew issue. Just keep a keen eye out.
Dumb me never thought about just running the extraction fan without the carbon filter cause I’m venting outside anyway. Ok, I won’t worry as much about that humidity then and will keep a close eye out for mildew.

...Mine all went over 100 days. Depends on when the auto starts flowering. You may not have to wait that long.

My northern lights autos will be on day 130 tomorrow ... and still pushing white pistils. This is my first run with an auto and was worried about keeping up with her but she definately runs at her own pace. I have never watched the trichomes this closely and now realize I have always harvested too soon. I believe there is always a little economic contention when it's not on your own personal product...

My northern lights autos will be on day 130 tomorrow ... and still pushing white pistils. This is my first run with an auto and was worried about keeping up with her but she definately runs at her own pace. I have never watched the trichomes this closely and now realize I have always harvested too soon. I believe there is always a little economic contention when it's not on your own personal product...
Day 130!!! My heart sinks. I sure hope mine don’t go past 100 days. I may have done too much defoliation causing them to drag out longer then expected. Ugh.

Why ain’t my birds big on my plants I put all the right nutrients my pH levels are 64. Keep the temp at 7075°

A758D520-E731-4233-94FA-4388EA42C3ED.jpeg

07E6279B-0F42-46AE-B55C-809C51AB9426.jpeg

8190AF8B-3373-45DE-AC68-3C30E686EA3B.jpeg

41D75C9D-829A-42E6-B002-413567E993F8.jpeg

DF4EF89C-2E64-4FDE-B39A-00D14BAA21AA.jpeg

B1031F20-FA8C-402B-A985-84ED998A6231.jpeg
They look like they have a ways to go yet. How old are they?? They should fatten up about the last 2 weeks. What have you been feeding yours and what are you growing in? How powerful is your light?

Back
Top Bottom