Return letter from my congressman

jocoguy

please take the time to read and and please leave new post on it

I wrote a letter to my congressman Joe Barton of texas about the H.R. 5843
the Act to Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults i would guess 3 months

and today i was quite taken off guard when i got a return letter from the office of cangresman Joe Barton

so hear is what he said

Dear MR.Marcus
Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 5843, the Act to Remove Fedreal Penalties for the Personal Use by Responsible Adults. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter

H.R 5843 was introduced by Representative Barney Frank and was referred to the Judiciary and Energy and Commerce Committees. This legislation would remove penalties for the possession of marijuana for personal use whitch is defined as possessing 100 grams of less, or not-for-profit transfer between adults

I am opposed to the legalization of marijuana under any circumstances. The greatest myth about marijuana is that it is harmless. America needs to realize that despite the claims of marjuana advocates, the volume of medical knowledge about the dangers of marjuana continues to grow.

Marijuana increases the heart rate as much as 50%,increases blood pressure in susceptible individuals,and reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart. Current research also indicates that marijuana may interfere with the human body's immune responce to various infections and diseases. Additionally,marijuana seriously impairs the abilty of individuals to think rationally,react to outside forces,and function properly

when am individual used drugs and then proceeds to operate a motot vechicle,they are not only putting themself at an increased risk, they are endangering lives of others. Often the fight against drugs focuses on the detrmental effects substances can have on the user's physical and mental health, but we also must consider entirely different group innocent individuals who find themself in the destructive part of a drug user

Again thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Although we disagree on this matter,your thoughts are important to me, and I hope you will continue to let me know about matters of impotance to you

Sincerely,

Joe Barton
Member of Congress

Perhaps we should stop writing these guys and just start kicking the shit out of them. Some are decent and caring but others just piss me off. And it always starts off how much they appreciate your concerns and so on and so forth....Just to have them tell you that your wasting your time and rub it in your face how they have the power....

as yall can read Congressman Joe Barton will not be voteing NO on this

i hope that everyone on hear will please take a bit a time to write your reps and congress to plead our case

thank you

Perhaps we should stop writing these guys and just start kicking the shit out of them. Some are decent and caring but others just piss me off. And it always starts off how much they appreciate your concerns and so on and so forth....Just to have them tell you that your wasting your time and rub it in your face how they have the power....

we stone grower i understand how you fell but kicking the shit out of them woulod sent the cause back a long way i think

i think if it ever dose get passed you would have to exclude people under 18 just like tabbaco or 21 with beer and hard liquar

I agree with you. Potheads are gentle people. However we try to be nice and they never have anything good to say. I wouldnt ever beat my congressman up, doesnt mean I cant say I want to. I would do anything for legalization, be it drastic or subtle.

Additionally,marijuana seriously impairs the abilty of individuals to think rationally,react to outside forces,and function properly

I have worked every day of my life ever since I was 14. I have never been without a job, never been without a home, never been without money. I am supporting a child and my women..And this guy thinks that just because I smoke weed that Im incapable of these things makes me furious. I think rationally, too rationally if you ask me. I function everyday and do what I got to do to put for on the table for my family.

See it wasnt the letter that made me mad dude, because its just what I expected. However this very line is what made me very angry with him. I dont know this guy, and never will, but I will dislike him till the day I die just for saying Im incapable of being a functioning person just because I use cannibas for medical reason.

stoner grower i agree with what you have to say i work ever day and never been homeless or carless ether.

but for every 1000 like us there are 2 or 3 dumbass that ruin it for everyone and until we stop the few leftwingers . Congress will always look over us and pick them out and use them for stats and reason to keep it on the left side of the law

I totaly agree with you...Smart man you are. That is why its not yet legal to begin with is because they look at all the dumbasses who cant hold their own. I agree. However we cant blame those people either, for they still want the same thing we do. However it may be their fault for being a statistic, and creating the statistic in the first place, they still hold the love for cannibas and want the legalization. Ask the 80 year old stoner if he wants it legal, of course he does. Ask the giggling little 16 year old if he wants it legal, of course he does. It may not be for the same reason, but its for the same cause. Catch my drift? Dont get me wrong its not just the statistics, its the moms of America, The courts of America and the Police....Without us smoking weed illegally they would be out of a job.

Write him a very nice letter back about how since alcohol has many more detrimental effects than marijuana and holds no medical value, when will he be voting to move it to a schedule 1 substance?

If he's going to play the part of being concerned for the safety of the people, then ask what he and other politicians are going to do about cigarettes and alcohol?

No doubt hes gonna ride out his b.s. stance on cannabis... but everyone knows alcohol and tobacco are TERRIBLE for you with ZERO med. value, so how can he defend their legalization??

Be polite and see if you can get a serious response.

Strive4Wisdom
thank you i will do that i think that alcohol is much worse than marijuana could ever be i think the main problem we that marijuana people do not have billions of dollars like coors or phillip morris to do studies or to line pockets to get us legal

im not the best writer im the world if you have any idea or a nice outline i would be happy to use it

thank you all for your time

P.S sorry for all the spelling error's im not the best typer the congressman did not have any spellinr errors in his return letter

Ive written many letters to my congressmen trying to explain to them that marijuana isnt bad and of course they reply with similar "facts" I think that next time I might try to play along with their game. I'm thinking about saying to them that if marijuana is as bad as they say, thats an even BETTER reason to legalize it. Using the approach of: Through prohibition, anyone can get the drug but through legalization and regulation the gov can actually do something to prevent young kids from gaining access to it. Using similar techniques as the "we card" approach to the sale of marijuana, we can set a minimum age limit to buy it.

I bet that guy is a beer drinker. how would he like it if alcohol was banned?

I have received similar responses from my so called "representatives." Truth be told, they are all enjoying the money going into their coffers for keeping cannabis illegal. It really has nothing to do with research or sensibilities. The real issue is, "the government has no business legislating protection from myself."

Back
Top Bottom