Reveg

greengostarr

I'm kinda new to hydro (and this place - just regged) and revegging, but an outdoor grower for decades. I looked for some info here on revegging, but didn't find what I was looking for (yeah, I know, damned noob!), so figured I would start one here.

So, a little background. Quite serendipitously, I found a poor wee lass growing on the road under a hedge (in a rural town in Europe with less than 1000 population, but busy with tourists) somewhat late in the season - about late August, early September and she was well into flower, but only about 12 inches tall with four main branches and severely lacking in light and nutrients.

As she was growing in leaf litter atop asphalt it was very easy and relatively stress free (for her) to scoop her up and repot her. I left her for a few weeks with a nice organic compost base in a sunny postion, but she was obviously too far gone to expect much from her. I decided to bring her indoors and put her into hydro under a 450 LED in a 4x4x7 grow tent under a 20 - 4 hour light regime.

As expected, she took a few weeks to show signs of revegging (I got kinda worried as the buds just seemed to do little but appear to start dying) and then burst into life with the usual deformed curly and single leaf scenario (at which point I cut off the redundant buds).

As an FYI, I have no idea what she is, but she is an obvious Indica heavy cross or pure strain.

I decided that I want to maximise yield rather than get the quickest return, so I decided on super cropping and LST to try and get her to fill out the available space horizonatally before switching her over to 12-12.The only thing is, she looks nothing like any of the revegges I have seen in videos as she is going absolutely mental with her internodal lateral growth and, being an Indica heavy phenotype is staying short and exceptionally bushy.

So, after all that, would it be a good idea to trim out the heavily bushed centre so she can divert her energies to the lateral growth as there are just not enough degrees in a circle to tie down all this crazy growth?

Furthermore, I see many people over the moon about getting 2 or 3 ozs from one plant in a similar setup, WTF is this? I would be somewhat disappointed to say the least if I did not yield at least 1 1/2 lb from this lady!

Yeah, I am aware I may have to veg for longer than I would want in an ideal world, but I want maximum yield in an ideal world.

Yes when I reveg I find they grow a lot of new shoots. Too many. I trim out all the 'extra' ones. They calm down after a while and start to act like a regular plant.

A pound and a half? Sorry but probably not.
How many actual watts does your light draw at the wall, and what size area does it cover?

LOL, ok, maybe 1 1/2lb is a little wishful thinking, but 1lb at least.

As I said, the growbox is 4x4x7 and am using a 450W LED.

It's still in veg mode and only draws 137 w, but, according to theliterature, will draw 255 w in bloom mode.

I see you are using MH, have you any experience with LED?

No I haven't used leds yet. I won one in a plant contest but haven't gotten around to hooking it up yet. I'm pretty happy with the HID system I've got going so don't want to rock the boat too much at the moment.
A pound would mean you're growing about 2 grams per watt. Nothing to be disappointed about if you can achieve that. I haven't seen anyone else do much more than one gram per watt. :hmmmm:
Impressive that a 250 watt led can cover such a large space. Starting a journal? It would be interesting to see how well the light does. :thumb:

No I haven't used leds yet. I won one in a plant contest but haven't gotten around to hooking it up yet. I'm pretty happy with the HID system I've got going so don't want to rock the boat too much at the moment.
A pound would mean you're growing about 2 grams per watt. Nothing to be disappointed about if you can achieve that. I haven't seen anyone else do much more than one gram per watt. :hmmmm:
Impressive that a 250 watt led can cover such a large space. Starting a journal? It would be interesting to see how well the light does. :thumb:

I am thinking about a journal, but don't have a camera, decent or otherwise and the cam on my new laptop doesn't work since I disabled all the MS spyware that came with Windows 10. That being said, I may get the old laptop out and see what I can come up with.

I, too, am very curious and interested to see if these LEDs live up to their promotion. One thing it does not live up to is the fan volume. It is described as whisper quiet and that it is not.

HI and welcome to the mag:) :welcome:
And a song comes to mind after reading your post and seeing your nick name, your new found lady " She loves you yeah yeah.." :)

Please do start a journal. I would love to see her grow.
Don't worry about bad pic quality , I am an expert on that :rofl: My pics are from a bad phone. :)

HI and welcome to the mag:) :welcome:
And a song comes to mind after reading your post and seeing your nick name, your new found lady " She loves you yeah yeah.." :)

Please do start a journal. I would love to see her grow.
Don't worry about bad pic quality , I am an expert on that :rofl: My pics are from a bad phone. :)

Cheers Angrybird.

I will be cutting out much of the new growth, but it seems to go against the grain, even if I know it will be better in the long run -I have the scissors ready and waiting.

I will just add further detail about her condition when I found her. When I said I found her on the road, it was literally outside the front of my house and I only found her as I decided to cut the long neglected hedge and she had been hidden by cars parking there (I can only imagine someone just happened to drop a seed from their car and she just happened to germinate in the leaf litter). As I said in the OP, she only had four budding sites and it looked like she had already been topped. She was incredibly spindly looking with very little growth on the lower part of the branches just the clumpy buds at the end of the branches. But how different she looks today!

I might see if I can scrounge up a camera from somewhere and take some before and after photos. If I can, I will then start a journal.

Back
Top Bottom