Reverse hermie: unidentifiable pre flowers? Opinion

Yes plants will do almost anything to pollinate itself. Most late flowers that release pollen do so after the plant has time to make seeds. Which is not a big deal. Most banana's that I run across don't carry pollen they are just ugly yellow additions to your buds. I wouldn't call these hermies. Hermies start early and release pollen when it can cause damage to your crop.

Cool yeah that supports what the other guys were saying, seems logical and makes sense to me, if they can hermie by human interference then they sure as hell can do it if they need to themselves. So as long as I get a few weeks into flowering, I don't have to worry about nanners? Also, any opinion about the photos I posted?

So, today I had a look see and found pistils on all 6 of the plants that came from hermie seed! The mother plant was an amazing smoke so really good news for me. I was really worried about what sex they'd be, but at least in the worst case scenario, if they all hermie then at least there's no true males and I'll still get bud :circle-of-love:

The girl in on the bottom left is underdeveloped and has been throughout the grow, I think maybe it's the pot she's in as I ran out and couldn't be bothered to go into town for just the one pot. However they're all doing well and no signs of any serious deficiencies, just the odd thing I'm ironing out still from the recovery from nitrogen toxicity.

PSX_20170805_120250.jpg
PSX_20170805_120650.jpg
PSX_20170805_120859.jpg
PSX_20170805_120810.jpg

They've reacted really well to the topping and lst :thumb:

So, I had to chop 2 plants because they were weak, a few look sweet, one is a little behind and another a bit behind that one but still coming along ok. Out of all the plants, they were ALL female. A week or two ago I spied a couple of single male pods on two of the plants and picked them, I haven't seen any since and the buds look open and empty so I'm pretty sure there aren't any/many seeds.

I'll let photos do the rest of the talking

PSX_20170910_130108.jpg
PSX_20170910_130216.jpg
PSX_20170910_130318.jpg
PSX_20170910_130438.jpg

Back
Top Bottom