Another nice start @Rexer and I agree @ViparSpectra does put out a quality product at an affordable price.

I'll be around, I am just looking for a comfortable recliner to enjoy the show.

Where's the dab bar? :rofl:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Thank you for mentioning us!
Yes, we had a summer sale recently, click our account for more information.

Just noticed your discount code. :)
Go you! That’s cool :cool:
I won't lie, I giggled, puffed my chest and felt pretty spiffy :rofl:

I do love the code they gave me, sounds so cool....ViparRexer

And so...I planted three seeds the other day in rapid rooter plugs. 2 I presoaked and had tails showing. 1 I planted right in- no presoak.
All three plugs were/are being kept moisture by me walking by a few times a day, and using a 3ml dropper to add my light "nute" solution.
The plug that had the seed planted directly in, was the first to pop up today!

The "nute" solution is:
  • RO water
  • Cal mag (150 PPM)
  • Orca
  • A few drops of Ocean magic (Green planet)
  • Ph down to 5.8
I'll continue with this solution for the next bit.

Hey Rex, sweet light! From the darkness I see the light! You go man, going to be an awesome grow! @ViparSpectra for the win!
StoneOtter! Always good to have you join in brother (WH & you have been along for every ride, most humbling). I'm hoping for a beautiful fall harvest, as the more I read, and look into, the more I like what @ViparSpectra has done with this light!

StoneOtter! Always good to have you join in brother (WH & you have been along for every ride, most humbling). I'm hoping for a beautiful fall harvest, as the more I read, and look into, the more I like what @ViparSpectra has done with this light!
I've been working on fixing my house and haven't been able to do much growing or be able to really keep up with anybody the way I like. Sill is replaced and the deck is almost done so good times ahead!

I've been working on fixing my house and haven't been able to do much growing or be able to really keep up with anybody the way I like. Sill is replaced and the deck is almost done so good times ahead!
Nice, it's always good to keep on top of those things, and life happens my friend. I'd never begrudge anyone for taking care of their priorities :)

Now...all you need is a good night of BBQ to "break" that new deck in!

Gday Rex. I’m not online much these days but I’ll be lurking around. That light is a ripper
Hey McRib! Hope life has been treating you well brother. ViparSpectra really did well with this light, it is solid feeling...I can't stress that enough. And perfect length for the 4x4. I'm quite anxious already to put the seedlings in under the new light.

I'm jelly fish of your king Kong tent things sweet , I've been talking big game about rapid root plugs please don't fail me hahhaa . Awesome set up brother
Hey HashFart! Thanks for dropping by! The Rapid Rooters worked their magic and I have a 3/3 germination on this grow. They work amazingly well.

Wish there was a 420mag party field somewhere. I'd love to do a dube with all of us!
That would be an honor, it’s funny how we only share these small aspects of our lives. Yet we have built bonds/friendships with people we couldn’t even pick out in a line up. I consider everyone of ya my friend.

So...today was a big day for the seedlings. They moved into their new home.

The #ViparSpectra P4000 light is sitting 35 inches away from the canopy at roughly 40% power, giving each seedling roughly 7k lux. The guide that @ViparSpectra includes had perfect instructions on height placement for the seedlings (as verified by Lux meter).

Day 1

Tent temp: 21C (being raised as I type)
Tent RH%: ~61%
Previous PPM: : 0
Current PPM: 258 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 258 PPM
PH: 5.9
Res temp: 19.3C
Water level: n/a

Reservoir has roughly 60L in it. I started with fresh RO water, added 200 PPM worth of cal mag. Then I added 30 PPM of FloraNova Grow. 3ml of myco chum (just enough to help Kickstart the herd). 15 ML of Orca. 15ML of hydroguard. Ph down to 5.9.

The aim is to let the PH rise to roughly 6.5 naturally, then reset it to 5.8
This allows the plants to absorb nutrients at optimal hydro ph levels.
As the solution gets sprayed over the hydroton it picks up oxygen as it drips pebble to pebble. The beneficial bacteria in it will help the roots, and prevent root rot (hopefully) while promoting vigorous root growth.

Once the solution hits the bottom of the bucket, it drains into a box containing a pump with a float and returns it to the reservoir.
The main water pump is on a timer, 20 min on, 2.5 hours off.
I have a camera inside the tent mounted to a fan that oscillates, and ill use this to keep a close eye on them. The next few days are crucial.

Back
Top Bottom