Thank you Bill and thanks for the advice! :)
Fan isn’t pointing towards the hanger at any time. The surplus air which comes when the fan(12" diameter) oscillates greates nice little air movement so air isn’t stagnant.
Also having a nice little humidifying trick to apply when needed. …Some ppl would think why the heck you humidify the place where you drying weed.
Anyway when buds outer surface gets dry/crispy I’ll let the shower run for couple minutes on max heat to rise RH up to 60% for an hour or two — then pop window open wider and voila, good to go with 19-20C and adjusted RH.
That will make outer surface moist or at least ”soft” again and they will dry more equally, since theres couple mad thick colas.
What a great idea. I may have to relocate my drying room (non-tent drying room when necessary) from my closet to my bathroom.

Thanks KC,
King Tut always looked good, though I've got my genetics planned already for the next one. It's time to start playing with pollen and making a few personal crosses (all autos of course!). Ive gotten my hands on a few regular autos seeds and will hope for a male to collect some pollen. It'll give me a solid starting base to play and have some fun making my own.

It's going good thanks! Slow and steady is ideal for drying. The longer the better, but it's a matter of environmental control. The fridge just makes it perfect when it's warm, not in a freezing cold garage!
Are you hooked up to vent outside? Pull cold air in to lower the temp and slow the drying down if you want...and yes, keeping the stem on will help keep moisture and slow it down.

Well these turkey bags are doing the trick so far! The Bruce banner Auto is just about ready to be weighed and jarred, she's sitting at roughly 76%. I'll be opening and closing the turkey bag, the same as if it was a big jar. Once it's down to roughly 65%... in the jars she'll go for curing. Same for the rest.

It's not a new thing to use the turkey bags like this (they usually just go in, in a dryer state then mine did), i'd love to say I was the clever one who came up with it, but I believe it was Shed that I saw using them. But this is a first for me using them :cheesygrinsmiley:

So here's a few pictures showing a glimpse of them drying :)

Sooooo awesome!!

Well I'm pretty sure it's safe now.
No way I can jinx it at this point.

Congratulations woohoo :woohoo: :cheer::theband::yahoo::bravo::welldone::adore:

Hope everything is going well buddy. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Well I'm pretty sure it's safe now.
No way I can jinx it at this point.

Congratulations woohoo :woohoo: :cheer::theband::yahoo::bravo::welldone::adore:
You guys are the best :love: :Namaste: (but the jinx is strong with me;):laugh:)
Hope everything is going well buddy. :love:

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you brother....I'm just wiped right out energy wise. A cold/bug seems to be going through the house, nothing serious but not too fun either. Aside from that, things are going well. The Turkey bags seem to be working, while I'm not seeing big changes on the buds RH wise, the texture feels like it's drying nice and slow. I've managed to keep the temp in there around 17C to help reduce chances of mold. The Bruce Banner Autos bag is closed up right now. It's sitting at 70 %, but has the right feel telling me to jar it. So, this time I'll just close the turkey bag up, and will burp it tomorrow. I'll hold off on jarring till the burping is done, much easier to open the one big bag vs tons of lids.

Hope you and Stacey are doing well!

Hey Rex! Your nugs still chilling in turkey bags?
Mines was hung 11/28 and today 12/1 jarred. Approx 80h total.
Was the drying to fast?

Hey Rex! Your nugs still chilling in turkey bags?
Mines was hung 11/28 and today 12/1 jarred. Approx 80h total.
Was the drying to fast?
Hey Verbalist!
The slower you can do it, the better.

Mine still chilling in the turkey bags. The Bruce Banner bag got burped today. The Somango also got closed up last night and burped today. The White Berry Auto bags are still to high to start burping, they're still around 80%.

My grow cabinet is fully insulated so it's actually keeping it nice and cool inside to dry.
Which reminds me, time to go check in on the bags, thanks!!!

Belated congratulations on GJOTM Rex. :welldone:
Thank you Shed, really appreciate it. And really appreciated your being along for the ride brother
I'd love to say that I was the clever one who came up with it, but it was @Derbybud that explained turkey bags to me!
Thank you Both then, it's been nice not having to burp as many jars, and helped dry the buds nicely.

The White Berry Auto is almost ready for weighing and jarring at which point I'll be doing the harvest weights and some pics.

The Somango is just wow...crazy solid nugs loaded with trichomes.
20211202_184935.jpg

Thank you Shed, really appreciate it. And really appreciated your being along for the ride brother

Thank you Both then, it's been nice not having to burp as many jars, and helped dry the buds nicely.

The White Berry Auto is almost ready for weighing and jarring at which point I'll be doing the harvest weights and some pics.

20211202_184935.jpg
Oooh wow Rex, those are some delicious fuzzy buds!!! Beautiful!

20211202_184935.jpg
HOLY TRICHOMES, BATMAN!!!! Dude, those are incredible. The Somango was the droughted plant, right? JESUS. You can see that visually!!! I didn't expect that. Those look like you rolled them in sugar. WOW. I'm all over the drought train next grow. Simple as that. I need this. GORGEOUS. Betcha you can find a BOTM picture in these somewhere! And it makes me SO psyched for an impending strain review..... OMG you must be over the moon about this. Have you tried an uncured bud of it?

20211202_184935.jpg
What a perfect finish mate. Very nice indeed. Fingers crossed for you

Oooh wow Rex, those are some delicious fuzzy buds!!! Beautiful!
Thank you Krissi! I was taken aback by the fuzziness!
No doubt about it Rex, they look very rewarding buds - well done!
Thanks Stunger, I'm quite pleased with the buds so far. Getting anxious to try them, and for the White Berry Auto buds to be done drying, which I imagine will be this weekend.
HOLY TRICHOMES, BATMAN!!!! Dude, those are incredible. The Somango was the droughted plant, right? JESUS. You can see that visually!!! I didn't expect that. Those look like you rolled them in sugar. WOW. I'm all over the drought train next grow. Simple as that. I need this. GORGEOUS. Betcha you can find a BOTM picture in these somewhere! And it makes me SO psyched for an impending strain review..... OMG you must be over the moon about this. Have you tried an uncured bud of it?
Thanks Jon! Seriously I appreciate it! I've been good and have not touched or sampled the Somango, despite my desire to. I have sampled the Bruce Banner Auto the other night, but I really hate sampling uncured buds, seems like the potency is never there yet. But, the Bruce Banner did the job. I'll attempt a smoke report later, but to be honest I really suck at those.
Hello brother Rex!
Somango nugs looks :drool:

And gz on GJOTM!! :)
Thanks Verbalist, it still surprises me when I see that new title by my username. I never in my wildest dreams expected such an outcome when I started the journal.

And I also still wish to say a big thank you to those who voted, and a special thank you to the kind soul who submitted the nomination.
What a perfect finish mate. Very nice indeed. Fingers crossed for you
I am hoping the mini drought I tried has a similar effect. Excellent win in the gjotm too. Well deserved and a good guide
Thanks Ganjagranddaddy! I'm hoping that everyone gets to see a noticeable improvement after a drought. I'm sure you'll see an improvement as well, as you grow is pretty awesome!

Maritimer has changed how I'll be finishing my grows moving forward :green_heart:

I agree - your journal DESERVES gjotm!

Yes, congrats on your new title! Well deserved.
Thanks Azi! I really appreciate it, you dropped some epic knowledge in here!
I agree - your journal DESERVES gjotm!
Thanks BG! Only cause of the help of fine folks like yourself!

And thank you all, who have supported and followed along with this journal. But it's that time, and this journal will be closed soon.

Today was weigh in Day. And I'm happy to say, a new personal record was made in this grow. The White Berry Auto, she produced a lovely mountain of nugs for me and broke my previous record for biggest harvest from one plant.

And here's the weigh ins:

So to break it down.

The Bruce Banner Auto = 114g
The Somango Auto = 151g
The White Berry Auto = 271g

Total harvest yield: 536g
The last plant was harvested at day 93 above ground.
So, 93 days, 3 autoflower plants and 536g yielded (plus trim). Not bad, I'll take it ;)

My feedback on the ViparSpectra P4000 that the kind folks @ViparSpectra were kind enough to let me test.

It's a solid light, has beautiful craftsmanship, and was a joy to grow under. The fact that the light can be in close proximity- yet still spread wonderfully through a 4x4 speaks to the high degree of engineering that was put into it. At no point whatsoever did the light have a negative impact on the grow from bleaching, even when it was accidentally, slightly closer then manufacturer recommended distance.
The yield that the light produces is astounding, for such a small footprint, it was able to net over a pound in a bit over 3 months.

Would I recommend this light? Absolutely. Hands down, no questions. It's a light that's perfect for beginners and experienced growers alike, and I truly look forward to my next grow under it.

Thanks Azi! I really appreciate it

Thanks BG!

And thank you all, who have supported and followed along with this journal. But it's that time, and this journal will be closed soon.

Today was weigh in Day. And I'm happy to say, a new personal record was made in this grow. The White Berry Auto, she produced a lovely mountain of nugs for me and broke my previous record for biggest harvest from one plant.

And here's the weigh ins:

So to break it down.

The Bruce Banner Auto = 114g
The Somango Auto = 151g
The White Berry Auto = 271g

Total harvest yield: 536g
The last plant was harvested at day 93 above ground.
So, 93 days, 3 autoflower plants and 536g yielded (plus trim). Not bad, I'll take it ;)

My feedback on the ViparSpectra P4000 that the kind folks @ViparSpectra were kind enough to let me test.

It's a solid light, has beautiful craftsmanship, and was a joy to grow under. The fact that the light can be in close proximity- yet still spread wonderfully through a 4x4 speaks to the high degree of engineering that was put into it. At no point whatsoever did the light have a negative impact on the grow from bleaching, even when it was accidentally, slightly closer then manufacturer recommended distance.
The yield that the light produces is astounding, for such a small footprint, it was able to net over a pound in a bit over 3 months.

Would I recommend this light? Absolutely. Hands down, no questions. It's a light that's perfect for beginners and experienced growers alike, and I truly look forward to my next grow under it.
Over a pound on your first run. Wow
You did a fantastic job with it, buds look amazing.
@ViparSpectra rocks , so do you Amigo.
Great work.

Stay safe
Bill

Over a pound on your first run. Wow
You did a fantastic job with it, buds look amazing.
@ViparSpectra rocks , so do you Amigo.
Great work.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill, wouldn't have happened without you brother.

I was quite pleased to hit that pound mark, imagine if there had been 4 plants in there. And in full disclosure, there has been probably 14g that have disappeared in a cloud of smoke prior to weigh in :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I agree! ViparSpectra does rock! They're coming out with several new lights, that have me drooling.

Back
Top Bottom