Good morning my friend.
How is the cold , getting better?
Talk to doc yet?

Stay safe
Bill
Good morning Bill!
It's still there. But I've been getting better, just ever so slowly. As I suspected, it's just a flu bug brought on from the kiddo's school.
The worst part must be over, cause I'm actually enjoying my first cup of coffee in days.
But no, no Dr yet. Trust me, I'm not shy on ringing up my Doc, but I also don't want to call and waist the docs time, so for now it's just rest and plenty of fluids. Which thank God now includes coffee again :laughtwo:

Good morning Bill!
It's still there. But I've been getting better, just ever so slowly. As I suspected, it's just a flu bug brought on from the kiddo's school.
The worst part must be over, cause I'm actually enjoying my first cup of coffee in days.
But no, no Dr yet. Trust me, I'm not shy on ringing up my Doc, but I also don't want to call and waist the docs time, so for now it's just rest and plenty of fluids. Which thank God now includes coffee again :laughtwo:
Good.
I'm glad your on the mend mucker.
Put your feet up and relax.
Drink lots of fluids and no work today.
Listen to Dr Bill, hehe.

Stay safe
Bill

So a quick recap and the last update on the grow. The nugs from all the plants are curing nicely. So far I'm only dipping into the White Berry Auto, while the rest cures (its got the most quantity).
The Bruce Banner Auto has a terrible pheno. I've kept pretty quiet on this, in hopes that the curing would bring a different smell. Nope. I got that lovely pungent smell of Cat urine. But I tried one small tester last night- definitely too early in the cure for a proper smoke report- but just tastes like potent weed.
The Somango, open a jar and get smacked by a citrus smell. Love it. Can't wait to test it.
The White Berry Auto, I've been smoking and makes for an excellent day smoke. Relaxes you a bit, has a small cerebral effect and turns the pain down a few notches. I micro dose steadily, and so far the White Berry Auto is doing its job, which is great as it's not fully cured yet.

For those of you who missed the weigh in photos; here's a quick recap.

The Bruce Banner Auto = 114g
The Somango Auto = 151g
The White Berry Auto = 271g

Total harvest yield: 536g

And onto the Nug photos that were taken today!

Thank you all for making this journal such a fun and wonderful experience.

And most of all, thank you to @ViparSpectra for making this journal happen!

So a quick recap and the last update on the grow. The nugs from all the plants are curing nicely. So far I'm only dipping into the White Berry Auto, while the rest cures (its got the most quantity).
The Bruce Banner Auto has a terrible pheno. I've kept pretty quiet on this, in hopes that the curing would bring a different smell. Nope. I got that lovely pungent smell of Cat urine. But I tried one small tester last night- definitely too early in the cure for a proper smoke report- but just tastes like potent weed.
The Somango, open a jar and get smacked by a citrus smell. Love it. Can't wait to test it.
The White Berry Auto, I've been smoking and makes for an excellent day smoke. Relaxes you a bit, has a small cerebral effect and turns the pain down a few notches. I micro dose steadily, and so far the White Berry Auto is doing its job, which is great as it's not fully cured yet.

For those of you who missed the weigh in photos; here's a quick recap.

The Somango Auto = 151g

And onto the Nug photos that were taken today!

Thank you all for making this journal such a fun and wonderful experience.

And most of all, thank you to @ViparSpectra for making this journal happen!
Hey brother your light come today?
Woohoo. :woohoo: guess what. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Hey brother your light come today?
Woohoo. :woohoo: guess what. ;)

Stay safe
Bill
Nope, yesterday FedEx dropped the ball on me. Package showed it was at correct depot, but not out for delivery. I called, was told it would be today for delivery. Went and bought some groceries, to come home to a sticker showing an attempted delivery, and still owing duties and taxes, which was already paid.
Saw the FedEx truck drive right by today.
Just hung up with them a few minutes ago. They said hopefully it will be tonight but they're back up and having troubles.

So tonight, plans are canceled, I'll stay by the door as I know my luck. They have the added joy of a policy of two delivery attempts, then return to sender. :eek:

Glad that your package arrived, I'm assuming that's the ;) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nope, yesterday FedEx dropped the ball on me. Package showed it was at correct depot, but not out for delivery. I called, was told it would be today for delivery. Went and bought some groceries, to come home to a sticker showing an attempted delivery, and still owing duties and taxes, which was already paid.
Saw the FedEx truck drive right by today.
Just hung up with them a few minutes ago. They said hopefully it will be tonight but they're back up and having troubles.

So tonight, plans are canceled, I'll stay by the door as I know my luck. They have the added joy of a policy of two delivery attempts, then return to sender. :eek:

Glad that your package arrived, I'm assuming that's the ;) :cheesygrinsmiley:
They just left mine at the door and drove off.
They screwed up your paperwork somehow, I assume.
Do they deliver on Saturday or is that just Bozos?

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks Azi! I really appreciate it, you dropped some epic knowledge in here!

Thanks BG! Only cause of the help of fine folks like yourself!

And thank you all, who have supported and followed along with this journal. But it's that time, and this journal will be closed soon.

Today was weigh in Day. And I'm happy to say, a new personal record was made in this grow. The White Berry Auto, she produced a lovely mountain of nugs for me and broke my previous record for biggest harvest from one plant.

And here's the weigh ins:

So to break it down.

The Somango Auto = 151g

The last plant was harvested at day 93 above ground.
So, 93 days, 3 autoflower plants and 536g yielded (plus trim). Not bad, I'll take it ;)

My feedback on the ViparSpectra P4000 that the kind folks @ViparSpectra were kind enough to let me test.

It's a solid light, has beautiful craftsmanship, and was a joy to grow under. The fact that the light can be in close proximity- yet still spread wonderfully through a 4x4 speaks to the high degree of engineering that was put into it. At no point whatsoever did the light have a negative impact on the grow from bleaching, even when it was accidentally, slightly closer then manufacturer recommended distance.
The yield that the light produces is astounding, for such a small footprint, it was able to net over a pound in a bit over 3 months.

Would I recommend this light? Absolutely. Hands down, no questions. It's a light that's perfect for beginners and experienced growers alike, and I truly look forward to my next grow under it.
Great yield post and great light feedback! I'm pissed at you for netting over a damn pound from three autos, cuz us normal people don't do that. Simply amazing, and from the looks of it, the QUALITY!!!!!!!!! Excellent work my friend, you should be very proud. And I can't believe you trimmed it all yourself! Wait, yes I can. Lol.

the curing would bring a different smell. Nope. I got that lovely pungent smell of Cat urine.
Some of my nugs (jars which were packed tight) had the same smell for days even though I was burping them twice per day. Their RH was pretty steady 65-70% - Moved them into paper bags for 24h then jarred again. RH dropped down to 40% and theyre just now getting the better smell. So it might be still on the way! :)

Smaller nugs (in own jar) got the sweet berryish smell much faster than the bigger ones.

Love the nugs, not too happy with FedEx on the other hand.
:goodluck:
Thanks Shed! Hopefully it'll be in on Monday.
They just left mine at the door and drove off.
They screwed up your paperwork somehow, I assume.
Do they deliver on Saturday or is that just Bozos?

Stay safe
Bill
You get/got deliveries on Saturday? I've never had courier parcels arrive on a weekend. Didn't even know it was a thing.
Great yield post and great light feedback! I'm pissed at you for netting over a damn pound from three autos, cuz us normal people don't do that. Simply amazing, and from the looks of it, the QUALITY!!!!!!!!! Excellent work my friend, you should be very proud. And I can't believe you trimmed it all yourself! Wait, yes I can. Lol.
Thanks Jon! They are by far the frostiest nugs I've ever grown, and the most dense.
Some of my nugs (jars which were packed tight) had the same smell for days even though I was burping them twice per day. Their RH was pretty steady 65-70% - Moved them into paper bags for 24h then jarred again. RH dropped down to 40% and theyre just now getting the better smell. So it might be still on the way! :)

Smaller nugs (in own jar) got the sweet berryish smell much faster than the bigger ones.
Usually around 3rd or 4th week, the smell settles as the cure continues. But, I never take my to 40%.
Below 55% the cure stops/dies.

As for the smell, I asked Mrs Rex what she thought it smelled like. She says "spinach".

You get/got deliveries on Saturday? I've never had courier parcels arrive on a weekend. Didn't even know it was a thing.
Shoot, I get deliveries on Saturday AND Sunday!

Shoot, I get deliveries on Saturday AND Sunday!
Lucky!!
Never had it (except like furniture deliveries), I'm Lucky if the mail even passes on Fridays :rofl:.

I'm kinda out in the countryside, this time of year it's so quiet here (so far)...like maybe 4 or 5 vehicles pass by the house all day. It's really nice, I wouldn't trade it.

Lucky!!
Never had it (except like furniture deliveries), I'm Lucky if the mail even passes on Fridays :rofl:.

I'm kinda out in the countryside, this time of year it's so quiet here (so far)...like maybe 4 or 5 vehicles pass by the house all day. It's really nice, I wouldn't trade it.
I live off the very end of the road that ends in the local fishing pier - NOTHING ever comes down my street … but its cool because we don’t have traffic on our street either (safer for all the kiddies)

Thank you @NextLight! I really appreciate that you used a plain box as well!!
20211215_104551.jpg

20211215_104930.jpg

Thanks Shed! Hopefully it'll be in on Monday.

Thanks Jon! They are by far the frostiest nugs I've ever grown, and the most dense.

Usually around 3rd or 4th week, the smell settles as the cure continues. But, I never take my to 40%.
Below 55% the cure stops/dies.

As for the smell, I asked Mrs Rex what she thought it smelled like. She says "spinach".
Mine delivers on Sunday! Our postman for USPS brings Amazon packages around on Sundays...you should move here!

Congratulations Rex! So many diodes. :thumb:
Thanks Shed!!
It fits in the cabinet, so it'll see some use this winter. Just going to Probably grow 2 or 3 autos. Hopefully I'll get a male, it's time to start popping some reg seeds I got ;)

Mine delivers on Sunday! Our postman for USPS brings Amazon packages around on Sundays...you should move here!
Good luck convincing Mrs Rex :laughtwo: , and I'm a proud Canadian.
And we just absolutely love where we are living now.
I've got my 10 year plan to get this place as self sufficient as possible, in comfort. A lot can go wrong or change, but I'm hoping for year round hydroponic veggies (hydro veggie room being built in basement this winter), eventually hopefully that will be converted to Aquaponics. Then if all falls into place, this spring will see a solar installation, a nice big one hopefully (there's a federal grant on them right now)...
And hopefully in next few years I'll have my chicken coop, and pig pen. I'll have to buy feed, but will supplement 30-40% with hydroponic fodder.

So...nope, good luck to anyone trying to get me out of here, I love it and plan on staying here till they wheel me out!

Thanks Shed!!
It fits in the cabinet, so it'll see some use this winter. Just going to Probably grow 2 or 3 autos. Hopefully I'll get a male, it's time to start popping some reg seeds I got ;)

Good luck convincing Mrs Rex :laughtwo: , and I'm a proud Canadian.
And we just absolutely love where we are living now.
I've got my 10 year plan to get this place as self sufficient as possible, in comfort. A lot can go wrong or change, but I'm hoping for year round hydroponic veggies (hydro veggie room being built in basement this winter), eventually hopefully that will be converted to Aquaponics. Then if all falls into place, this spring will see a solar installation, a nice big one hopefully (there's a federal grant on them right now)...
And hopefully in next few years I'll have my chicken coop, and pig pen. I'll have to buy feed, but will supplement 30-40% with hydroponic fodder.

So...nope, good luck to anyone trying to get me out of here, I love it and plan on staying here till they wheel me out!
Well I sure as hell don't blame you! You speak of dreams of my intended future retiring and being as self sufficient as possible somewhere near Maine or in that general vicinity. I am absolutely jealous of what you and the Mrs have worked so hard to acquire. You have the perfect set up with the perfect plans in a beautiful place.

Well I sure as hell don't blame you! You speak of dreams of my intended future retiring and being as self sufficient as possible somewhere near Maine or in that general vicinity. I am absolutely jealous of what you and the Mrs have worked so hard to acquire. You have the perfect set up with the perfect plans in a beautiful place.
Thanks Krissi!!
It was a dream, one I thought lost completely when my health suffered. If you asked me a year and a half ago, where I'd be today- homeless possibly, would have been the answer.

Things went bad quickly, but I won the lottery as far as getting some needed help and support (medical and legal).

And the skills I picked up here, learning to grow, will transform to food on our table just as fresh food prices are going insane. I was looking at some lettuce the other day. 5 bucks for a head of iceberg lettuce :eek:.
When you get a chance, look up NFT hydroponics on YouTube. I'll be setting something like that up, using 4x4 vinyl posts (they're hollow). One small room will feed our family fresh veggies daily!
If you decide you ever want to venture into trying some simple hydro for veggies lemme know, we can do an off topic thread in a different thread and I'll walk you through.

Congrats Brother. :woohoo:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks brother!!

Back
Top Bottom