Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

It’s all coming together over there nicely my friend! Have you sourced out your feed timer yet, one that can time to the second is definitely preferred. Perhaps you already have one?
Thanks! Did as much work on it today as I could, shouldn’t be much longer before starting to run it without the plants for a night or two to see how the environment copes.

For feed timer I'll be using a smart Power Bar. I've used it several grows without issue and it allows me to remotely start or stop a cycle.
Here's how I set mine up.

Thread 'How to setup a smart power strip for a grow' How to setup a smart power strip for a grow

Can you time the smart bars to the second? I see hours and minutes?
Could be a handy device for sure!
No they don't do to the second. I've known that with aeroponics you need to the second, but haven't anticipated that being an issue with my chosen media...?
Hey there Rex I hope your good and not beating yourself self up to much getting the new house / grow setup. Can’t wait to see it in action pumping out nugs on the regular.
Looking great my friend.
Play safe and enjoy
KC, always good to hear from you. Doing as much as I can, then trying to do a bit more. Today I just went and attached gear clamps onto the rest of the piping inside the tent. Doesn't sound like much, but it was awkward and quite a few had to be done. Rinsed out roughly 70L of hydroton (with some help), I'm sure there's still some dust left in there but most of it should be cleaned up.

:Namaste:

I was tired and forgot to post some pics last night. But @Tokin Roll I've gotten started on the coasters, I'm hoping this will work? I'm not a builder, but found an old 2x6 that is being put to it. My saw battery died before finishing (didn't have store for much tools before so I only have a 12v drill and small circular saw).
20210402_152200.jpg

Here's the ladies....you can see they're screaming for a bigger home. Gotta get moving today...

The young SuperSkunk
20210403_085623.jpg

20210403_085538.jpg

20210403_085642.jpg

Hey Rexer looks good!
Looks like we are treading the same water. Age, old farm house, weather changes, more projects than one cares to think about. But, find joy in growing....time....we make time!
Enjoy brother!
:hookah:

So I've managed to get some progress done on the system. Not nearly as much as I'd like but it's progressing.

All plumbing is done with the reservoir and the runoff pump. I filled the reservoir with some water from the well and will dump it and replace it with RO, the well water was just to test plumbingto find all the leaks.

I focused so much on keeping things cool for summer that I kinda didn't plan enough for the cold end of spring :hmmmm:. I'll see about putting a small heater in there or in front of the vent. An actual aquarium heater is on the way (good ol' Zon) sometime to keep the res warm.

I let the water run for about 20 min and noticed some were draining faster than others, no doubt a result of my excellent plumbing ...:high-five:

20210404_163024.jpg

My res is about 26 gallons filled to the top. Hopefully that should do it.

I sent an email regarding it- never heard back. But that would be sweet if they'd jump on as a sponsor

How do you drain it?
In the picture you see below, the small box with the black lid? That's the run off pump. Each bucket drains into it, once the float in the box kicks on it sends it back into the reservoir. The run off kit was an add on, but does the job nicely.

In the picture you see below, the small box with the black lid? That's the run off pump. Each bucket drains into it, once the float in the box kicks on it sends it back into the reservoir. The run off kit was an add on, but does the job nicely.

But like...how do you get all the solution out for res change (besides a wet vac)?

Looking great brother just keep putting on foot in front of the other and this will be a memory before you know it.
Sweet setup brother keep up the great work

play safe and enjoy everyone

But like...how do you get all the solution out for res change (besides a wet vac)?
I just drop a spare pump in and pump it out. Keeps it simple and works like a charm.

Looking great brother just keep putting on foot in front of the other and this will be a memory before you know it.
Sweet setup brother keep up the great work

play safe and enjoy everyone

Thanks KC, I'm truly looking forward to that day.

I do belive that I've taken too long and some of the autos will be stunted, time will tell. I'm not overly concerned, it is what it is and I'm going quick As I can. There's other seeds, and plenty of upcoming grows that'll be good

Good day brother. Looking awesome.
Wish we were neighbors i have loads of tools,
I wish so as well, be nice to have someone to have a smoke with.

Mind you I think most of my neighbors grow from what little I've heard.

Off topic Tangent! Just curious if this is happening anywhere else...around here there's been big exodus from the cities into the country side. Houses in the city are worth a fortune, so people are selling their city homes, buying up all the land in the country (which is cheap by comparison). This is making it a sellers market, a house not too far sold almost 100k over asking. Yeah, and sadly that's not an exaggeration.

We bought our home in the knick of time.

I wish so as well, be nice to have someone to have a smoke with.

Mind you I think most of my neighbors grow from what little I've heard.

Off topic Tangent! Just curious if this is happening anywhere else...around here there's been big exodus from the cities into the country side. Houses in the city are worth a fortune, so people are selling their city homes, buying up all the land in the country (which is cheap by comparison). This is making it a sellers market, a house not too far sold almost 100k over asking. Yeah, and sadly that's not an exaggeration.

We bought our home in the knick of time.
Lmao you must be in Ontario. Same thing here and it’s absolutely screwed.
I feel so sorry for the next gen that ain’t born with a silver spoon.

Eventually I will sell everything and run to the bushes as well.

Glad your getting settled in Rex.

Back
Top Bottom