Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

A little background to start. This is my legal medical garden. I could never grow anything, even chives would die on me in soil. Then I started learning Hydroponics using the Kratky method. I grew regular lettuce, zucchini, squash, etc. Using this method. It was the easiest way to get a good grasp on Hydroponics and how root systems can adapt to environments. It was developed by professor Kratky.

I designed and built a small grow cabinet with a flood and drain system that was able to get me roughly 80-100g per plant.

Now, fast forward and here I'm starting my dream setup. I'm doing very little DIY in this system, they'll be plenty of that further down the line.

So- let's start with the environment, as it's one of the most important. I'll be starting this journal using a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent. I have an 8 inch vivosun fan for extraction which will be vented directly outside (filtered during flower). I also have a 6 inch Ipower intake fan for an active intake system. Oscillating fans inside to keep air movement extremely high (I'm a big believer that this is an extremely important part that many don't invest enough attention to.). High air movement inside prevents a lot of mold (PM), makes branches stronger, creates an environment that some pests hate, and keep temperatures evenly distributed.

I'll be using a 10 gallon system I bought from The Bucket Company. Yes you could build your own, but I really love the way they did it and decided it was the one for me. It allows me to do various forms of Hydroponics (top drip, ebb and flow, coco, aeroponics, etc). And I intend to experiment a lot using this system. It even is built to do/handle soil.

A trellis system is also going to be used.

For keeping my reservoir temps optimum I'll be using a chiller.

Light: Well, we all know how important this is. I over spent and did it knowingly. It was the only criticism I could see for this light. I'll be starting this journal under a HLG 650R. It's designed more for a 5x5 (and that was the plan, but I would have to wait several months more thanks to covid to get a Gorilla one). "Each HLG 650R uses 4 custom designed full spectrum high efficiency white light quantum boards with Samsung LM301H and Deep Red LED 660nm . This unit is dimmable, with wattage output from 60 to 610 watts".

Water- I'll be using a reverse osmosis system to have a clean slate for adding nutrients. This keeps it very simple and easy to control.

Sensors- I love my gadgets and they make life much easier with my disability. I have several Inkbirds that will control temp (a portable AC, fans, etc). Different ones will control humidity (humidifier and dehumidifier). A smart power bar keeps my lights and watering systems fully automated.

Nutes: TBA, most likely MC for now with additives.

PH pens and TDS pens are critical equipment for growing Hydroponics (IMO). Or something to monitor these numbers to keep things in check.

A camera system will allow me to remotely view everything. I'll be using Wyze cameras, they're cheap and amazing.

Some of what's listed above I have on hand already, the rest is now ordered and on the way.

But the clock starts now. Auto NL x Big Bud dropped a few minutes ago.

20210321_124300.jpg

In the event this journal gets long- feel free to skip ahead!

Nice intro! I’m a big fan of Hlg lights and you got a beauty there! I’ve messed around with hydroponics a bit so it will be fun to follow along!
Thanks N240 and welcome to the party!

So it's still early, but I decided to get this journal started, I'm sorry if I forgot anybody in this shoutout, my memory sucks. There will be regular updates in the upcoming future

@West Hippie @StoneOtter @KCCO 77 @Northern Hydro @Mr. Sauga @Tokin Roll @Joshualuck @copperrein @Moto258 , @NuttyProfessor @bluter @McRib @DonkeyDick @Dusty Kiefers
@Stunger @Justin Goody @013 @JamesBong502 @DutchinAB @Fredwak @MochaBud @GoogleGenie
Awwwwww brilliant , now i can just copy and paste and all the hard work is done tagging , :laugh::rofl::laugh:

Awesome @Rexer I'm here with ya my dude. You know I might not be on time but I always show up. Good luck my dude and congratulations on your new set-up. I'm excited to see how they grow. :thumb: :goodluck:

A little background to start. This is my legal medical garden. I could never grow anything, even chives would die on me in soil. Then I started learning Hydroponics using the Kratky method. I grew regular lettuce, zucchini, squash, etc. Using this method. It was the easiest way to get a good grasp on Hydroponics and how root systems can adapt to environments. It was developed by professor Kratky.

I designed and built a small grow cabinet with a flood and drain system that was able to get me roughly 80-100g per plant.

Now, fast forward and here I'm starting my dream setup. I'm doing very little DIY in this system, they'll be plenty of that further down the line.

So- let's start with the environment, as it's one of the most important. I'll be starting this journal using a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent. I have an 8 inch vivosun fan for extraction which will be vented directly outside (filtered during flower). I also have a 6 inch Ipower intake fan for an active intake system. Oscillating fans inside to keep air movement extremely high (I'm a big believer that this is an extremely important part that many don't invest enough attention to.). High air movement inside prevents a lot of mold (PM), makes branches stronger, creates an environment that some pests hate, and keep temperatures evenly distributed.

I'll be using a 10 gallon system I bought from The Bucket Company. Yes you could build your own, but I really love the way they did it and decided it was the one for me. It allows me to do various forms of Hydroponics (top drip, ebb and flow, coco, aeroponics, etc). And I intend to experiment a lot using this system. It even is built to do/handle soil.

Light: Well, we all know how important this is. I over spent and did it knowingly. It was the only criticism I could see for this light. I'll be starting this journal under a HLG 650R. It's designed more for a 5x5 (and that was the plan, but I would have to wait several months more thanks to covid to get a Gorilla one). "Each HLG 650R uses 4 custom designed full spectrum high efficiency white light quantum boards with Samsung LM301H and Deep Red LED 660nm . This unit is dimmable, with wattage output from 60 to 610 watts".

Water- I'll be using a reverse osmosis system to have a clean slate for adding nutrients. This keeps it very simple and easy to control.

Sensors- I love my gadgets and they make life much easier with my disability. I have several Inkbirds that will control temp (a portable AC, fans, etc). Different ones will control humidity (humidifier and dehumidifier). A smart power bar keeps my lights and watering systems fully automated.

PH pens and TDS pens are critical equipment for growing Hydroponics (IMO). Or something to monitor these numbers to keep things in check.

A camera system will allow me to remotely view everything. I'll be using Wyze cameras, they're cheap and amazing.

Some of what's listed above I have on hand already, the rest is now ordered and on the way.

20210321_124300.jpg

:popcorn:

20210321_124300.jpg

Looks amazing brother and your setup will be great.
Play safe and enjoy my friend

Awwwwww brilliant , now i can just copy and paste and all the hard work is done tagging , :laugh::rofl::laugh:
Worse is I feel bad knowing I most like forgot some important people.
Awesome @Rexer I'm here with ya my dude. You know I might not be on time but I always show up. Good luck my dude and congratulations on your new set-up. I'm excited to see how they grow. :thumb: :goodluck:
Thanks brother!
Good intro, Rex. Sounds like a nice rig.

Gateway vegetables :oops:

It got me hooked o_O

Thanks for being here again brother
Northern! So glad you made it, no culling this time
Looks amazing brother and your setup will be great.
Play safe and enjoy my friend

Thanks brother for all the input you've given :Namaste:

Oh shit! You got bucket company buckets! Jealous!
Yup, after researching around, I couldn't look past the possibilities it offers.
I'm set for even venturing outside of autos - but first few runs will most likely be autos.
Thanks for the tag, Rexer. I’m looking forward to what you do out of the cabinet!!

Oh popcorn time! :popcorn:

:goodluck: Rexer!!
Thanks DAB! Glad you made it, this is going to be a slow start, get comfy!

Back
Top Bottom