Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

looks like a good system rexer.

though if you haven't pulled the trigger on it, do a search here for undercurrent systems. they are a superior tech over the top feed water fall. there are some amazing systems put together on this board.

Grabbing a seat amigo
Glad you made it brother :Namaste:
Boom on page 1 even. Thanks for the tag Rexer, I have hosed up my setting so I don’t get notifications anymore but so glad I cruised by. Really nice, I’m excited to see the HLG light in action and the 10 gallon Bucket Company rig - that sounds very versatile.
I have the same issues with my notifications and thus never take it personally. I'm so stoked for this, I think I'm cyberstalking my parcels.

looks like a good system rexer.

though if you haven't pulled the trigger on it, do a search here for undercurrent systems. they are a superior tech over the top feed water fall. there are some amazing systems put together on this board.
Bluter thanks for dropping by. Yeah actually as soon as I knew I was going to have grow space I pulled the trigger on this setup. It's been sitting in boxes in my living room for almost a month. I'm gonna play around with the top feed to start, but might turn it into a flood and drain.
I did look at the undercurrent systems, and they look and produce amazing...but in truth something about this Bucket Company setup just called my name. It came down to three setups: undercurrent (by current culture), The Bucket Company, and Ebb and Grow (in various forms). The undercurrent system would also have eaten too much out of the budget. But...in the future there will be more tents in the garage, it's got the space.

i've never bought a rdwc system. only ever built them. i started with top feed hydro yrs ago. when i joined here i built a system that i was used to, then after some reading here mothballed it.

if i was to go with rdwc again, it would be in an undercurrent system. they are all pretty much diy, built with uniseals, and custom fit to the grow space. it solves piles of issues.

i've never bought a rdwc system. only ever built them. i started with top feed hydro yrs ago. when i joined here i built a system that i was used to, then after some reading here mothballed it.

if i was to go with rdwc again, it would be in an undercurrent system. they are all pretty much diy, built with uniseals, and custom fit to the grow space. it solves piles of issues.
To be honest, I wasn't, and still am uncertain how long the top feed part of it will stay, I'll try it out... I'm gonna give the system an honest go as it was intended, then try a few things I have in mind for improvements. Absolutely worse case scenario, I can use it with soils outside, but I suspect I'll enjoy the new toy(s) for a while in the tent 1st.
I decided this go around I would avoid a few headaches and buy rather then build- keep in mind...building for me is a painful task, my cabinet took months and left me twitching/spasmodic
Hey @Rexer thanks for the tag! :thanks:

Looks like you have a solid set up planned and im excited to see what you can do with it :drool:
Thank you! I'm beyond excited to finally get things started. The last 3 or 4 months my life has done a 180 in a good direction, and I'm eager to no longer supplement my mj medication, but grow it entirely.

Hey Furcifer! Thanks & Welcome to the show. Hope you brought lots of popcorn, this might take a bit to get fully up to speed, but should be worth the wait.

To be honest, I wasn't, and still am uncertain how long the top feed part of it will stay, I'll try it out... I'm gonna give the system an honest go as it was intended, then try a few things I have in mind for improvements.

the system looks to have good bones if you wanna change it up. i've had very few bought things i haven't modified for growing. i diy most gear. :cheesygrinsmiley:

now you made me think of it, i haven't seen the inside of a hydro shop for a couple years except to pick up a a check for selling lights i built for them :bongrip:

Hiya rexer, Lemme load my vape and take a seat. :yummy: Interested in small Hydro systems.
Smile and stay stoneder

Pulling up a beanbag
:nomo: Looks like fun!

:yummy:
Thanks Justin, the party's still early, but I've got high hopes
the system looks to have good bones if you wanna change it up. i've had very few bought things i haven't modified for growing. i diy most gear. :cheesygrinsmiley:

now you made me think of it, i haven't seen the inside of a hydro shop for a couple years except to pick up a a check for selling lights i built for them :bongrip:
Well hopefully it'll give us both some good surprises, either way I'm quite hopeful. I wish my wallet got heavier leaving a hydro shop, I always walk out with a lighter wallet and a new bong or pipe.
You know I’m in :passitleft:
Glad you made it James!:passitleft:
Hiya rexer, Lemme load my vape and take a seat. :yummy: Interested in small Hydro systems.
Smile and stay stoneder
Hey Fredwak,

Thanks, have a seat and relax my friend! It's a slow start, but should be well worth the wait!

So while the beans were soaking overnight I pre-soaked the rapid rooters. I filled a 1L Mason jar halfway, added a 1/4ML Orca, a few drops of Greenplanet Ocean Magic, and a tiny dusting of Megacrop. The PPM (0.5 scale) was 18 at start, then was 120 when done, then ph adjusted to 6.2.

After a soaking they went into the propagation tray, where the seeds where then carefully placed, and the holes gently covered.

Now it's a wait and see.
20210322_134919.jpg

20210322_185815.jpg

Hey Fella nice buckets! What medium are you going to grow in?
I was thinking for the 1st run I'll probably stick with mainly hydroton. I've got some leftover that can be used up, and it's a soiless medium I'm used to. I think I'd like to test some perlite in it at one point, but that'll be for another time (once I'm used to it the newer system).

When you mentioned, you where thing about buying this system, I checked it out. I was very impressed with it.

I will be stopping in on occasion to see how you are coming along with your new toy. Do you have a 4x4 or a 5x5?
I thought I read somewhere you had a 4x4 tent.

:goodluck: with your grow, and I will be by.

Tok..
Thanks Tok!

I got the 4x4. I had wanted to get the 5x5, but wanted to get a Gorilla tent (and their 5x5 would have put me back another month).

Its been a great exercise of patience to not even open the boxes from The Bucket Company (I've had them almost a month now?)

I was thinking for the 1st run I'll probably stick with mainly hydroton. I've got some leftover that can be used up, and it's a soiless medium I'm used to. I think I'd like to test some perlite in it at one point, but that'll be for another time (once I'm used to it the newer system).
Super cool! I would like to try the hydroton sometime soon...although I got 1lb 11oz of fire off of 5 plants with a coco/ perlite combo last run.
I will be watching your grow! Are you going for trees in the 10 gallon pots?

Super cool! I would like to try the hydroton sometime soon...although I got 1lb 11oz of fire off of 5 plants with a coco/ perlite combo last run.
I will be watching your grow! Are you going for trees in the 10 gallon pots?

1st run will be 4 autoflowers in a scrog using the 10 gallon setup
Ahh man no pressure eh? :rofl: I'm gonna see what can happen- as this will also be my Perpetual journal it's only going to get better.

BTW that is an impressive haul- I wanna go take another read through yours.

Actually @bluter or anyone else...I would love your thoughts on something....

I have no experience using perlite. Would you forsee any issues with having a bucket (or two) filled with hydroton, and the other bucket or two filled with perlite?

It'd be nice to see them side by side to see in this system which would be a better choice. I've got about 130L of hydroton and 110L of perlite for the grow shop.

Tent came in this morning! Time to get it setup!

And somebody decided to say "Hello world!"
20210324_144104_resized.jpg

Hello Friendo...I hope all is well over there! @PGA Caddie was running all perlite top feed. If you’ve not read it Hyena Mericas project 21 is worth a read...he did perlite top feed as well. I
can’t wait to see the growth in 10 gallon pots! The 3 gallon buckets are growing a lot of bio mass!
Exciting times over there!

Hello Friendo...I hope all is well over there! @PGA Caddie was running all perlite top feed. If you’ve not read it Hyena Mericas project 21 is worth a read...he did perlite top feed as well. I
can’t wait to see the growth in 10 gallon pots! The 3 gallon buckets are growing a lot of bio mass!
Exciting times over there!
Totally forgot HM did the top feed for a bit, gonna give that a read back over and start reading PGA Caddie's journal.

Thank you! Been trying to find some info on it...would be if I can pull decent yields with it (much lighter and cheaper).
Truly appreciate the knowledge drop brother :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom