Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Actually @bluter or anyone else...I would love your thoughts on something....

I have no experience using perlite. Would you forsee any issues with having a bucket (or two) filled with hydroton, and the other bucket or two filled with perlite?

It'd be nice to see them side by side to see in this system which would be a better choice. I've got about 130L of hydroton and 110L of perlite for the grow shop.

Tent came in this morning! Time to get it setup!

And somebody decided to say "Hello world!"
20210324_144104_resized.jpg
Why hello there little one :ciao:

Totally forgot HM did the top feed for a bit, gonna give that a read back over and start reading PGA Caddie's journal.

Thank you! Been trying to find some info on it...would be if I can pull decent yields with it (much lighter and cheaper).
Truly appreciate the knowledge drop brother :Namaste:

Dutch buckets. Lol, can't believe that one escaped me :rofl: (I've been so exhausted lately my brain just ain't firing on all cylinders).
I think maybe one or two of them will be Dutch buckets. I still have a wee bit of time to decide...

Why hello there little one :ciao:
Her sister says hello back :ciao:
The other two girls are being sleepy heads, but are sprouting.

20210325_152817_resized.jpg

The first one to pop still had her helmet on, I soaked it with RO water, then it gently came off. Here's the before.
20210325_113755_resized.jpg

And....I forgot to take an after of her. Next time.

Progress is being made for their new home. (Don't mind the yellow extension cord, its not staying there or even inside the tent).
20210325_143613.jpg

So, did a bit of work on setting up the tent- feels like there's miles left to go.

2/4 girls are doing great, not too sure what's up with the other 2, it's like they've stalled out. Hope this doesn't turn into a 2 plant grow :rolleyes:
Those two girls got put in a basket with some perlite for now and under a small led to keep them happy for now. The other two, well one of them I still have some hope for.

Here's some pics! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
20210326_151315.jpg

20210326_140422.jpg

20210325_190558.jpg

Light at max output
20210325_190629_resized.jpg

So, did a bit of work on setting up the tent- feels like there's miles left to go.

2/4 girls are doing great, not too sure what's up with the other 2, it's like they've stalled out. Hope this doesn't turn into a 2 plant grow :rolleyes:
Those two girls got put in a basket with some perlite for now and under a small led to keep them happy for now. The other two, well one of them I still have some hope for.

Here's some pics! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
20210326_151315.jpg

20210326_140422.jpg

20210325_190558.jpg

Light at max output
20210325_190629_resized.jpg
I remember at summer camp, the kids who slept in way past when they were supposed to got a pot/pan parade through their tent :goof: Those little ones have it EASY.

All jokes aside they look good Rex, Hopefully those other two get their act together soon before they get left behind.

Morning, I popped over for a bong hit...how’s the babies doing today? How’s the bucket set up coming along, have you got everything you need? I’m looking forward to following along, it’s a pretty cool system. The inner net bags really seem to promote exuberant root growth.

I remember at summer camp, the kids who slept in way past when they were supposed to got a pot/pan parade through their tent :goof: Those little ones have it EASY.

All jokes aside they look good Rex, Hopefully those other two get their act together soon before they get left behind.
Thanks, I'm tired of buying OCS weed. And can't wait to be smoking my own again :cheesygrinsmiley:
Morning, I popped over for a bong hit...how’s the babies doing today? How’s the bucket set up coming along, have you got everything you need? I’m looking forward to following along, it’s a pretty cool system. The inner net bags really seem to promote exuberant root growth.
Morning! I just finished a bowl and came into the garage to start today's work.
1 more finally decided to pop this morning! :yahoo:

I'm starting the plumbing for inside the tent this morning. The more I play around with this system the more I can't wait to try it in different configurations, and I mean that in a good way! Those net bags was actually one of the things that initially caught my attention, the fact it's also a giant adult Lego system is a bonus

20210327_101746.jpg

So not a whole lot of progress made on the tent today, had lots of other things around the house that had to be done by today. Got them done, so hopefully by end of week the tent will be up and running! That's wishful thinking...Only snag so far was a couple missing o-rings and a plastic nut. Normally that'd be no big deal, but more then half my stuff is still in boxes and scattered... but I think I see a simple workaround. I'll show that later on- once completed.

Went to check on the seedlings, the first two to pop up seem to be happy as can be. But then when looking quickly something caught my eye on the newest one to pop up.
20210328_144109.jpg

It still had a membrane stuck from the shell. As careful as I was, I removed it with only a bit of damage, time will tell how/if this will effect her. Though I'm of the opinion shell be just fine.
20210328_144311.jpg

20210328_144344.jpg

20210328_144333.jpg

Actually @bluter or anyone else...I would love your thoughts on something....

I have no experience using perlite. Would you forsee any issues with having a bucket (or two) filled with hydroton, and the other bucket or two filled with perlite?

It'd be nice to see them side by side to see in this system which would be a better choice. I've got about 130L of hydroton and 110L of perlite for the grow shop.

Tent came in this morning! Time to get it setup!

And somebody decided to say "Hello world!"
20210324_144104_resized.jpg

sorry i missed this. i'd probably go with hydroton over all. once purchased it is cheap to run and reusable.
i ran lots of dwc in hydroton and give it a big recommend. i have 30+ yr old hydroton lol .. :p

sorry i missed this. i'd probably go with hydroton over all. once purchased it is cheap to run and reusable.
i ran lots of dwc in hydroton and give it a big recommend. i have 30+ yr old hydroton lol .. :p
No worries and thank you... I'll just run the one bucket as an experiment with just the perlite (got it anyways!) In that case instead of the two.

Just curious, what steps do you take for cleaning your hydroton? I give them a bath in H202 then boil the next day (which stinks to old hell, but gets the pores inside to open up).
I've always been curious if I'm overdoing it, or if there's a better way. Though I'm slightly less concerned since I'm no longer running sterile.

I always appreciate input :Namaste:

Careful as I was, I removed it with only a bit of damage, time will tell how/if this will effect her. Though I'm of the opinion shell be just fine.
20210328_144311.jpg

Awww, yep she will be fine. Maybe a slight lisp or a permanent limp. No big deal, like dropping a new born! :rofl:
Pictures look great, most of the girls look happy.
Waiting to see your system up and running.
:thumb:

Awww, yep she will be fine. Maybe a slight lisp or a permanent limp. No big deal, like dropping a new born! :rofl:
Pictures look great, most of the girls look happy.
Waiting to see your system up and running.
:thumb:
Thanks! I'm anxious to get it up, though the weather took a turn for the worse and it got cold AF overnight. Everything is blanketed in snow. While the garage is heated and insulated (poorly), I don't have the cash right now to fill the furnace tank out there (old oil furnace) to heat it.

I brought my little propane heater out yesterday, keeps my fingers from freezing up when working. My hands just don't handle the cold like they used to....getting old is fun!! :rofl:
I've got a old oil heater that should keep the tent warm enough.

I'll be heading out there to do some tinkering on it today. And post some pictures up tonight. One seedling still looks kinda limp, I may germ a SuperSkunk tonight, it'll be a week or two behind the others, but I know it's a decent producer...

Looking great my brother.

Thank you...hopefully it'll start looking better soon.

This journal has been a slow start, I appreciate everyone's patience.

No worries and thank you... I'll just run the one bucket as an experiment with just the perlite (got it anyways!) In that case instead of the two.

Just curious, what steps do you take for cleaning your hydroton? I give them a bath in H202 then boil the next day (which stinks to old hell, but gets the pores inside to open up).

i bake them as well after the boil. 350F for about 1/2 - 45 min or so. them let them steam off on their own.

Isn't that the true.

I started a journal last month and it's only getting to the beginning of flower. I thing my next one, I will start the journal around the end of veg. More or less the best part of the show.

I just finished reading your other journal, very impressive.

:goodluck: with your current venture, I will be stopping by to see how you are coming along.

Tok.
Thank you! Things would be moving along quicker if I didn't have to frequently stop to address issues with the house. It's a dream home, but like any old place has its issues.
I'm crash coursing water softeners at the moment (again) as I've zero experience with them and everytime I think I understand ...I'm wrong, either way I think there's an issue with mine.....

I'll head back out this evening for a bit more work. Slowly and surely this old tortoise is getting it done. The girls will need to be in the tent soon, so the clock is ticking.

I'm also going to have to do a parts and plumbing run. Though I gotta figure out exactly what I need, I've been to used to the closeness of living in town. Now it's a long enough drive.

20210329_132441.jpg

20210329_123927.jpg

Don't mind the current placement, these pics are just to show the system a bit. The net bags are nice to have, & while they are reusable, I'm glad I had the foresight to order a few spares for mishaps.

Underneath each manifold there are sprayers. They have 360 and 180 degrees sprays, I ordered a bunch of spares of both to keep options open.

And while I haven't shown it yet, I do also have some drip manifolds as well. I'll be hooking one of those up to the one filled with perlite.

Once your ready to start, your plant are going to love you.

Just one word of cautions, don't veg to long.

Any how, I can't wait to see you start this.
Well to be honest, I'd be less worried if they were photos, but they're autos and need to go into final container soon (two do anyways...).

:oops::thedoubletake:o_O Wow great looking rig! That looks a ton of fun.

Thanks man, can't wait to get this thing rolling :blunt:

Body made me come to a halt, got no choice, and it irritates me, but if I don't stop I'll be bed ridden for days, I've been down this path before, turns out the only thing more stubborn then me is my body:smokin:
Not nearly as much progress made as I wanted, but a few problems solved that should hopefully make the rest come together a bit quicker.

But here's a nice picture a took as the Mrs kindly told me to get myself inside.
20210329_162958.jpg

You can get the idea of how it's coming together.

I love the design:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom