Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Good morning Rex. :ciao:
Firing up the old cabinet I see :thumb:
Good things from small spaces. :high-five:
Hope it goes well Amigo, nice set-up.
I poured the floors yesterday.
That was fun, :rofl: haven't touched cement since my accident. 2008.
But there were no problems.
Have a great day.
Talk soon.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well, and that everyone had a good weekend.

So, I did a complete rework on the system that was in my grow cabinet, to start getting ready for my winter grow.

During winters the tent gets shut down, and the grow cabinet opened up. The cabinet is a smaller space, but I'm able get good yields out of it.

Last winter I did an RDWC/ stirponic grow using old kitty litter buckets.

I got an amazing yield, and so i decided that the concept worked very well for my space.
It's also easy on the wallet to build, and is easy to build. It does come with its drawbacks however, and that is that the roots can will enter the bottom pipes, causing a flood. It can be prevented by routinely checking and pulling them out...I also have some materials that I use to help slow the roots from getting into the pipes. On top of that is my failsafe, I have a sensor that shuts the pump off when water is detected on the floor. Inside each bucket is an airstone, so there is no problem with turning the circulation pump off for a bit (at that point its like a DWC).

So, for those whom aren't familiar with what a stirponic system is, or how it works...well, it's quite simple. You have grow buckets that are connected at the bottom (1 inch piping in my case), and all those buckets are connected to a control bucket via the bottom pipes.
Inside the control bucket is a pump, that pumps nutrients continously to the tops of the buckets. Because of gravity, and each bucket being connected at the bottom, they have a small "stiring"current and each bucket stays at the same water/nutrient height/level. A second pump is inside the control bucket, and that is plumbed to the chiller, and has a return up top inside the control bucket.
If you have the money for a good undercurrent RDWC, that beats this steup by miles, but when your on a smaller budget, and don't mind the extra work tending the roots/pipes, it'll do.

If your looking for ideas on how to build one, go on the Yo Tube and search "PA Hydroponics stirponic ". That's where I got the idea/concept from.
Oh, and for added fun, I put a float valve hooked up to the RO in my house, inside the control bucket for auto topping the system. Hopefully I measured the height correctly :laugh:.

And here it is....

That's all for now folks, thanks and take care!
Excellent post. Great explanation. I forgot you did that cool time lapse video. Excellent setup. That’s the 420h, yes? And what size is that space?

Great explanation, beautiful setup, and who doesn't love a well-made grow gif!

:popcorn:
Thank you Shed! The 2022 Winter grow gif will be started fairly soon 😄
Good morning Rex. :ciao:
Firing up the old cabinet I see :thumb:
Good things from small spaces. :high-five:
Hope it goes well Amigo, nice set-up.
I poured the floors yesterday.
That was fun, :rofl: haven't touched cement since my accident. 2008.
But there were no problems.
Have a great day.
Talk soon.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
Good things indeed! The surprising part, is that the cabinet is able to produce almost the same as the 4x4 tent. Well, I suppose it's not that surprising, as it's almost as big...just much shorter.
Glad your getting some practice in and knocking that rust off, i bookmarked your build for ideas with my grow room.
lThanks, now i have the added expense of upgrading the flooring after seeing your setup :laugh: :thumb:
Excellent post. Great explanation. I forgot you did that cool time lapse video. Excellent setup. That’s the 420h, yes? And what size is that space?
Thanks Jon!
That is indeed the 420h. It's a snug fit, and barely fits the space dimensions.

The cabinet is: 4 feet wide, 3 feet deep, and 5 feet for height. It's was built to fit a spot in the old house (hence the odd dimensions).

The light is mounted in a fixed position- no lowering or raising of it. I will simply get it to 100% intensity as quickly as the plants can tolerate it- then let them grow towards it (hopefully without having to lower the intensity back down).

Thank you Shed! The 2022 Winter grow gif will be started fairly soon 😄

Thanks Bill!
Good things indeed! The surprising part, is that the cabinet is able to produce almost the same as the 4x4 tent. Well, I suppose it's not that surprising, as it's almost as big...just much shorter.
Glad your getting some practice in and knocking that rust off, i bookmarked your build for ideas with my grow room.
lThanks, now i have the added expense of upgrading the flooring after seeing your setup :laugh: :thumb:

Thanks Jon!
That is indeed the 420h. It's a snug fit, and barely fits the space dimensions.

The cabinet is: 4 feet wide, 3 feet deep, and 5 feet for height. It's was built to fit a spot in the old house (hence the odd dimensions).

The light is mounted in a fixed position- no lowering or raising of it. I will simply get it to 100% intensity as quickly as the plants can tolerate it- then let them grow towards it (hopefully without having to lower the intensity back down).
Gotcha. That’s awesome. That’s a great sized space for that light. It crushes my 3x3. But I do the same thing. Let them grow into it.

Ahoy me brother,
Aye
Your time lapse did not impress me very much. Such gadgets never do.
dang...

This is why I don't go out visiting folks much. I see the stuff they got, and I want it.
Would you happen to have a link for the camera gear. :love:

Ahoy me brother,
Aye
Your time lapse did not impress me very much. Such gadgets never do.
dang...

This is why I don't go out visiting folks much. I see the stuff they got, and I want it.
Would you happen to have a link for the camera gear. :love:
Sorry I.missed this post brother

To make my gifs is a bit of a chore.

I use Wyze cameras that you get from the Zon or their website.
I use the app to snap a photo daily, that I save to my phone.
At the end of the grow, I use an app I bought, that stitches the photos together, creating a Gif.

:ciao:

"Started" sure, but since:

We've patiently waited over a month and the natives are getting restless. :)

Happy new year whatever you're up to these days!
I second that emotion. Lol! Way to drop the gauntlet nicely Shed. Lmao!

I'm still alive and kicking 🙏.

I've had to take a forum back, and slow down on the for health and personal reasons.

It's a break, and I expect to return full force once I past a few obstacles.

The grows still continued, and I've continued to push mo reach new skills.

Turned into this:
20230205_142832.jpg

Then this

20230224_132036.jpg

An autoflower that was cloned, then reversed using STS. I've now got me some feminized pollen 😁

Great to see you back . Always take care of yourself first because we’ll definitely be waiting on you .
Nice grow must be autos that always grows spears plus they look very heavy . You haven’t missed much on my grows , finally up and running.
You get those obstacles cleared will definitely be on the lookout for the start .

Back
Top Bottom