Hi everyone! This will be my first journal with sponsored equipment. I live in Canada and have my medical permit, and recreational grows are also legal. I'll be using the ViparSpectra P4000 light in a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent. Let's start off with an equipment breakdown.

First and front is the light that @ViparSpectra was kind enough to provide.

The ViparSpectra P4000
  • 【High Efficiency】With the newest SMD LED technology, ViparSpectra P4000 LED grow light provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency and long lifespan while improving light penetration.
  • 【Sunlike Full Spectrum Light Indoor Growing】Consists of 660nm of red led, 3000K and 5000K of white led and IR led, optimal full spectrum led grow lights.
  • 【Sosen Driver】400W Sosen Driver helps achieve high PAR output and longer lifespan. Boost yields and save electric costs.
  • 【Dimmer Function】Flexible dimmer allows you to adjust light intensity from 5% to 100% brightness.
  • 【Friendly Design】Large heat sinks ensure an ideal cooling system. No fans zero noise.
  • 【Coverage Area】Perfect for 5’x5’ vegetative coverage at 28” and 4’x4’ flowering coverage at 24” height.
  • 【Worry-free Warranty】36-Month US Local warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
-M1_551a30e9-f7d2-4f50-86ea-f496e2d48eb4_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-LM301Bdiodes-M2_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-Efficacy-M3_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-Par-M4_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-heatsink-M5_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-fullspectrum-M6_1500x1500.jpg

pectra-p4000-IP65water-resistantboard-M7_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-DimmerKnob-M8_1500x1500.jpg

8-03.png

Seedings
Vegetative
Flowering
viparspectra-p4000-sceneshows-M10_1500x1500.jpg

viparspectra-p4000-coverage-M9_1500x1500.jpg

rspectra-p4000-pruductparameters-M11_jpg_1500x1500.jpg

Next Environment

I'll be using a Gorilla 4x4 Grow Tent. To control the temperature I have a portable AC inside the tent. While this does cost me the space of one bucket, I find that keeping the temperature in check makes up for it...less stressful and I only cool the tent instead of the entire garage.

I use an Inkbird temperature controller with wifi. The high temperature turns on the 8 inch exhaust fan that vents directly to the outside. In colder weather a oil heater gets plugged in.

I use a different inkbird humidity controller to keep the humidity in check. There is a small (to be upgraded) humidifier and large dehumidifier that stays in the tent.

Next is the containers holding the growing medium. I'll be using three 10 gallon The Bucket Company buckets, with hydroton (clay pebbles) as the medium (a bit of perlite to start the seeds). They will be top fed using the manifolds that come with the container system. Here's the manifold in action.

The main nutrients I'll be using is General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom. Supplemental nutrients will mainly be: general hydroponics Diamond Nectar, green planet Ocean Magic, liquid koolbloom, green planet Roots Builder (a cheaper alternative to hydroguard), terpinator, cal mag, orca, mycos chum, and possibly a Silica supplement to be added. The supplements for the most part are optional.

A TDS pen to test my nutrients, I go by the x5 scale for ppm. It's what I learned with and works. The key is controlling the nutrients in the correct consistent amounts (and PH), whether you achieve that by measuring EC or PPM the end goal is the same, and I go by this chart for the most part.
C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg-1.jpg

A ph pen, this is vital. I also have a tower fan that oscillates, and is upside-down on the ceiling of the tent. Two other small fans are in the tent. Constant airflow within the tent is important. It helps prevent powdery mildew, keeps certain pests down, and helps strengthen stems.
Water will be from a reverse osmosis system.

Strains will be Bruce Banner Auto, White Berry Auto, and Somango Auto. I'll germinate one seed of each strain starting shortly.

The next post will show the light unboxing and what to expect. Thanks for reading, and never feel the need to catch up, it's always appreciated, but should the journal get long, feel free to skip a few pages.

Hey Squiggle! Appreciate the kind words! I am super excited to give this light a try and hope I can do it justice. I got it unboxed and just have to finish hanging it. It's a fairly straightforward process and is easy, I just got pulled away for an extended lunch break :rollit: and will finish it later, with a proper write up. One thing I noticed when handing it right away was the coating on it providing the IP-65 water resistance. Felt like a nice soft rubbery protection, and I like it. More to come ;)

Hey Squiggle! Appreciate the kind words! I am super excited to give this light a try and hope I can do it justice. I got it unboxed and just have to finish hanging it. It's a fairly straightforward process and is easy, I just got pulled away for an extended lunch break :rollit: and will finish it later, with a proper write up. One thing I noticed when handing it right away was the coating on it providing the IP-65 water resistance. Felt like a nice soft rubbery protection, and I like it. More to come ;)
I've noticed that on the viparspectras, the silicone coating. They are a quality bit of kit.. it gives you peace of mind that they are IP rated to.
I'm interested not know what heat it generates. As I'm looking for another light after this run..
Anyway. Eagerly awaiting the next update. Just don't have too many extended lunch breaks :laugh:

Hey brother I hope all is good. Nice lineup of stars as well and should be a fun ride. So new light hanging and what did you do with the other light? Setting up perpetual runs lol?
Hows the power cord on that light? Is it hardwired or cable locks ? Post a few pictures when the time is right so we can check out the new gear.

Play safe and enjoy everyone

I've noticed that on the viparspectras, the silicone coating. They are a quality bit of kit.. it gives you peace of mind that they are IP rated to.
I'm interested not know what heat it generates. As I'm looking for another light after this run..
Anyway. Eagerly awaiting the next update. Just don't have too many extended lunch breaks :laugh:
It definitely seems to be a quality light from what I can see. As for the heat, I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell too much....there is a big portable AC that's still to be reinstalled in the tent. I was able to get a bit more done before being called away. Some pics tonight, more tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Hey brother I hope all is good. Nice lineup of stars as well and should be a fun ride. So new light hanging and what did you do with the other light? Setting up perpetual runs lol?
Hows the power cord on that light? Is it hardwired or cable locks ? Post a few pictures when the time is right so we can check out the new gear.

Play safe and enjoy everyone

Thanks KC! The other light has gone back in the box for now, and the long term plan to make a grow room in the garage corner is still a go. Just broke AF. Lol.

Update:
The light has been hung and I'm quite happy with what I see. It's solid. No flimsy feeling at all to it. I should also mention it arrived in a plain brown box, no large flashing and fairly discreet.

The seeds are soaking now and next journal Update will have more pictures and a power draw test to confirm the power it's using in Watts. Later when time to put the seedlings in, I'll measure the lux.

One thing that I love is how the dimmer is set. On my other light it's ontop and you have to tipee toe to reach. This one, up front and center with a % label, :bravo: ViparSpectra for that! It's the little things that differentiates products, and they seem to have covered their bases.

My setup using 3 Viparspectra lights. I'm happy as could be with them.

My setup using 3 Viparspectra lights. I'm happy as could be with them.
Looks beautifully done! And gorgeous looking plants as well! They certainly know how to make a great light!

So a small experiment, just for fun. Two seeds were soaked for 1 night, while 1 seed (Bruce Banner Auto) went directly in the rapid rooter that was presoaked. Today the two seeds (somango Auto and White Berry Auto) were just beginning to crack open and went into presoaked rapid rooters. I'll use a 3ml pipette to drip a solution over the rapid rooters to keep them from drying out. All three are in solo cups with hydroton, no perlite this time.

The #ViparSpectra P4000. The power cord is connected to it using cable locks.

And here is the Wattage and Amperage at 100%

That's all for now, thanks everyone :green_heart:

Another nice start @Rexer and I agree @ViparSpectra does put out a quality product at an affordable price.

I'll be around, I am just looking for a comfortable recliner to enjoy the show.

Where's the dab bar? :rofl:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Hey Tok! Glad to have you here, sit back, twist one up and enjoy :rollit:
Nice setup, I'm in.
Thanks Stinker! I'm quite happy and proud of it :blunt:. Happy to have you along, feel free to ask, or post any questions!

Hi Rexer :ciao:

Ill be lurking around here. I really dig your bucket setup! Looking forward to seeing it in action
Hi @Dankman_420

Happy to have you! Pull up a chair:passitleft:, it's still the start which always tends to be slow. But if you have any questions whatsoever or comments feel free to chime in brother!

Congrats on your new rig, Rexer! Looks fantastic!
Liking the gifs already. Bring on the buds, buddy!
DD! So glad you made it over! Thank you kindly brother
@Rexer i have a question about the light.

Considering your from Canada, would this unit be CSA rated as there are so many that don’t?

thank you.
You know that is a great question, I'll reach out and get back to you with an answer. Give a day or so for the manufacturer (@ViparSpectra) to reply!

Back
Top Bottom