RH problem - Please help - Seedlings struggling!

yankeetoker

20160120_055901.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-20-23-46-27.png
20160120_055817.jpg
I am attempting to grow for the second time, but feel my environment is just not conducive. My RH runs in the low 30s and temps in the low to mid 70s. Seedlings are really not growing well at all. See pics...any advice is welcome. I plan to buy a humidifier...will it help enough or should I wait until spring? Outside temps high of 20's this week.

I have used humidifiers from the thrift shop. They still work, but now I just leave a buckets of water sitting out in the veg room. The buckets sit for 24 hours before use anyway, so I might as well have them at room temp and doing double duty as a humidifier.

Hanging a damp hand towel is probably good enough for a small tent - as long as you don't mind wetting again every day or so.

Got a cheap humidifier for about $12. Does exactly what I need...I run it until I see condensation on my walls (basement) has brought the humidity in cabinet up to mid - high 40s and the plants are responding well. I think incorporating the swick is also helping to keep the humidity up.

Cut the bottom off of a small water bottle and put the top over the seedling for now. You can do it with or with out the lid on or even poke
some holes in the lid. Just depends on how humid you want her.

Cut the bottom off of a small water bottle and put the top over the seedling for now. You can do it with or with out the lid on or even poke
some holes in the lid. Just depends on how humid you want her.

Thanks! I actually used the bottoms of clear plastic solo cups when I germinated the seeds and removed when they broke soil. Don't know why I didn't think to continue as seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom