420 Magazine Background

Rhode Island


New Member
Hey all, just moved here and was hoping anybody knows how to navigate the system and the strictness/ease of getting the md recommendation. I’ve found “clinics” online, but don’t know if these are bs, or if there are GP’s that would provide recommends... as far as conditions, I get headaches and occasional muscle tension in my peraformis muscle, which puts pressure on my sciatic nerve, making me unable to walk... not sure if these would qualify and what sort of imaging I would need to confirm the diagnosis (even though neither can be imaged)... please let me know of your various experiences and recommendations, thanks!


Well-Known Member
The requirements to get a medical card vary from state to state. There are qualifying conditions and the state website or a Google search should tell you. Headaches and muscle pain are probably not qualifying factors.

From the state website...
Approved Qualifying Debilitating Medical Conditions

  • Cancer or the treatment of this condition
  • Glaucoma or the treatment of this condition
  • Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or the treatment of this condition
  • Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or the treatment of this condition
  • Hepatitis C or the treatment of this condition
  • A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following:
    • Cachexia or wasting syndrome
    • Severe, debilitating, chronic pain
    • Severe nausea
    • Seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy
    • Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease
    • Agitation related to Alzheimer's Disease


New Member
While I certainly appreciate your replies, I’ve done the googling... I am looking for first hand accounts... I know what the listing of qualifying conditions says, but “chronic pain” is interpreted differently... for example, Pennsylvania, where I used to live, allowed a fairly broad interpretation of this... California is another example. As I stated, I have found “clinics,” I didn’t know if these were bs or what sort of documentation they require for providing the recommendation to be a patient.

Like I said in my original post, are GP’s willing to provide recommendations, or can you only get them from these “clinics?”

Again, I am grateful for the replies, but you are not really being helpful in the questions/advice I was actually looking for.


Active Member
The clinics are better than a GP would be most likely, the online doctors are for real and another choice and often are a cheaper alternative and normally send you a digital cop via E-mail immediately on determining your eligibility. They send a physical copy in the mail.


New Member
Bingleberry Sorry for delayed response as I have not been on in a while. I am very familiar with this process because I am located in southeastern Massachusetts which is right next to R.I. Try Cannacare docs. They do both Ma. and R.I. recommendations. I am not sure if they have R.I. locations but the Seekonk, Ma. location is close to Pawtucket, R.I. . They are very helpful and compassionate. Good luck.
Top Bottom