Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

Haha thanks dk, yeah wasn't thinking things through when I ordered it hey, had no experience so just went ahead with whatever. Wish I had rather splurged more on lights than on the tent. But now the goal is to try and fill the thing one day :yummy:

More or less stretch better? I actually have no clue? Do you want stretch or try and avoid it? Should I lift my lights up high to get the plants there or should I keep the lux around 55k instead?

I can't wait to get those stitches growing! Super excited for that!

And cheers stoked to hear the plants are looking good mate. First grow so I'm not to sure what to expect or look for 100 percent :circle-of-love:
The plant will naturally stretch to make those long sexy colas it usually stops after 2 weeks but some. Plant go longer. Believe me they stretch more than expected but it's all good. If it gets too much then super crop.

My little DDA girl doing her thing
IMG_20200204_215852.jpg

Now the fun starts mr.77 once her colors start popping that's when I feel like I'm on a fist date again...haha

Haha thanks dk, yeah wasn't thinking things through when I ordered it hey, had no experience so just went ahead with whatever. Wish I had rather splurged more on lights than on the tent. But now the goal is to try and fill the thing one day :yummy:

More or less stretch better? I actually have no clue? Do you want stretch or try and avoid it? Should I lift my lights up high to get the plants there or should I keep the lux around 55k instead?

I can't wait to get those stitches growing! Super excited for that!

And cheers stoked to hear the plants are looking good mate. First grow so I'm not to sure what to expect or look for 100 percent :circle-of-love:

What are you trying to do with the plant/plants if you raise your lights you will get longer arms but then you need to keep a decent breeze on them so they don't get wavy on you once you go into flower, keeping the light closer is going to give you more density in branch formation in the closeness between each set of nodes will be...

I can actually shoow you a pic I took today, my lights are about 600-700mm away from the top of my blue Kush and I noticed 2-3 days ago that she was stretching slightly and my dilemma is pretty much the same question you posed...haha, my lights operating at 50% at the moment so I'm going to keep an eye on the stretch and either lower the light or up the juice a bit...

Forgot to add the pic..haha

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The plant will naturally stretch to make those long sexy colas it usually stops after 2 weeks but some. Plant go longer. Believe me they stretch more than expected but it's all good. If it gets too much then super crop.

That's kinda the idea of what happens I had in my mind. Thank dk atleast I know I have a general idea of what to expect

Now the fun starts mr.77 once her colors start popping that's when I feel like I'm on a fist date again...haha

What are you trying to do with the plant/plants if you raise your lights you will get longer arms but then you need to keep a decent breeze on them so they don't get wavy on you once you go into flower, keeping the light closer is going to give you more density in branch formation in the closeness between each set of nodes will be...

I can actually shoow you a pic I took today, my lights are about 600-700mm away from the top of my blue Kush and I noticed 2-3 days ago that she was stretching slightly and my dilemma is pretty much the same question you posed...haha, my lights operating at 50% at the moment so I'm going to keep an eye on the stretch and either lower the light or up the juice a bit...

Good evening smeegs, if the light is kept closer or further is there any effect on the colas at the end of the day? Will I get denser nugs if closer and fluffier if further? Dk would you be able to answer that?

Smeegs I tried searching your journal but nothing can up? Only brought links to my journal where you have posted. Any idea why?

Hope you okes are having a lekker Wednesday eve

That's kinda the idea of what happens I had in my mind. Thank dk atleast I know I have a general idea of what to expect

Good evening smeegs, if the light is kept closer or further is there any effect on the colas at the end of the day? Will I get denser nugs if closer and fluffier if further? Dk would you be able to answer that?

Smeegs I tried searching your journal but nothing can up? Only brought links to my journal where you have posted. Any idea why?

I would say keep your light closer for denser flowers brother, sometimes it can also be genetics that determine dense or fluffy

Not sure what's up with my signature, will have to ask the mods to take a look...here's the link hope it works..

Evening mr.D&K how's the garden looking...:bongrip:
Great thanks. The first gal has flowered. The other to are rocketing on

It depends. If it led you can get close as long as the whole plant is covered. Just keep the right distance. The plant has to do it thing. If you really want some. Nice info check this guy out on YouTube called from seed to stoned.

Shot @Dkmg01, these things grow super quick

@Smeegol i think the photos makes her look bigger than she is haha she's probably at about 25cm now. But I'm loving her.

@shottafire thanks man, yeah she's the only one flowering. All the photos are going to be flipped very soon though. Just making space at the moment

@Smeegol I just recieved a package in the post. Thank you very much. Cannot wait to get some going :thumb:

:theband: Yay I was wondering when they would arrive mr.77, hope they bring you lots of flowers and smells galore...:popcorn: I can see those itchy fingers already scratching the pkg and telling the missus to get a glass water and the paper towels ready....haha

:theband: Yay I was wondering when they would arrive mr.77, hope they bring you lots of flowers and smells galore...:popcorn: I can see those itchy fingers already scratching the pkg and telling the missus to get a glass water and the paper towels ready....haha

Haha already got a few In a shot glass woohoo so frikken excited. Got a few stitches in there
IMG_20200211_130936.jpg

Woohoo! Stitches?

Yeah I'm so keen to get a couple going. Going to be loads of fun

Been very busy the last week so been neglecting everything a bit and going to pop into the tent for a good session this evening and have a look at what's been happening. I know a few of the girls are in desperate need of some feeding.

But on the other hand I've got a smile on my face as 3 little stitches have shown themselves... Woo-hoo. @Smeegol let's just hope I can keep them alive
IMG_20200217_174121.jpg
IMG_20200217_174116.jpg
IMG_20200217_174058.jpg

So an update of my grow space... Things are coming along except for the gg#4 which I've come to the conclusion I think I've had them in shitty soil all along, ending up having to cull one of them as it just started looking terrible and nothing I seemed to do was helping.

Let's start with the other gg#4 girls

All were in desperate need of a good feed and they got it tonight. Soil I have them in barely seems to hold any water but let's it all just run straight through and the medium just stays damp to a certain degree.... But here the girls are
IMG_20200217_185521.jpg
IMG_20200217_185114.jpg

After that I have 2 northern lights girls that seem to be doing pretty well, got them in freedom farms formula 1 soil and I will only use proper bought soil from now on as they are doing amazing compared to any others so far. No lst but just topped once
IMG_20200217_184255.jpg

Then on the right in the next Pic is a white widow and the left is an obi Wan kush which are both also in freedom farms formula one and are both looking pretty decent as well. No lst but just topped once

IMG_20200217_184800.jpg

Next I have a royal queen seeds royal highness who has been a good plant so far but started yellowing quite a bit so and initially after consulting with @Emilya thought it may be a pottasium deficiency but tried the methods we spoke about and they didn't seem to work, after that I tried up potting as she starting getting a bit big and this also seems to have not stopped the yellowing.
IMG_20200217_185931.jpg

Next is an afghani roadkill which is doing pretty decently. Happy with the growth. Slight edge and tip burn on some of the lower leaves and I'll be delving into this issue soon to see what is going on. This is the only plant that is not from a feminized seed and I am really praying that she will be female
IMG_20200217_185819.jpg

And last but not least my Dark Devil auto which was a freebie seed that I started all wrong and had to up pot her and never got to doing any topping or training as I really didn't understand the whole auto flower thing but she seems to be coming on pretty nicely although not as big as I would have like her to be

IMG_20200217_190817.jpg
IMG_20200217_190813.jpg

So at the end of the day this has become less of a journal about my gg#4 girls and more of a journal of my learning curve through a first grow.

All the photo girls will be switching to a 12/12 cycle now and will see how things go through a flowering period. I kind of like that there are a few of different sizes as I can now judge roughly what the ideal size will be for my grow space and set up. I must be a fool because I'm definitely going to be learning from my own mistakes... But oh well I guess that will be a lesson learned the hard way.

And for anyone that read this far I'm Sorry for a long blabbered post but it was definitely due.

Hope everyone has a killer week ahead and it's time for me to go catch up on some of the journals I been following

Back
Top Bottom