Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

Start of week 8 and I've had a look at the trichs, being a complete noob to all of this I'm not sure what to take of this. To me they look cloudy with a bit of clear in between and not quite ready to come down. Would this be correct?
IMG_20200407_225030.jpg
IMG_20200407_224929.jpg

Start of week 8 and I've had a look at the trichs, being a complete noob to all of this I'm not sure what to take of this. To me they look cloudy with a bit of clear in between and not quite ready to come down. Would this be correct?
IMG_20200407_225030.jpg
IMG_20200407_224929.jpg

Creek creek... Crickets in the distance. Awfully quiet haha. Anybody?

Creek creek... Crickets in the distance. Awfully quiet haha. Anybody?
They look like they could stay on the vine a bit longer. Since this process is new to you and your learning I would say take a sample nug off today and dry it. Another in a few days and keep taking samples until you chop. This way it will give you an idea of how ripe you like it. Make sure you label each one with the date and how many days flower it was on the vine. A lot of people like to pick clear and cloudy. I personally like mostly cloudy with 10 percent give or take of amber.
Your doing a lekker job saffa

Yeah looking great man. Really cool. I'd say give her a week still. You want as many of them cloudy as possible with r he restnew clear and Amber. Or a bit more Amber if you want a more narcotic buzz. I usually harvest as soon as the Amber starts showing up. But that's just my personal preference.
Great job man

They look like they could stay on the vine a bit longer. Since this process is new to you and your learning I would say take a sample nug off today and dry it. Another in a few days and keep taking samples until you chop. This way it will give you an idea of how ripe you like it. Make sure you label each one with the date and how many days flower it was on the vine. A lot of people like to pick clear and cloudy. I personally like mostly cloudy with 10 percent give or take of amber.
Your doing a lekker job saffa

Cheers shotta I like that idea, will give me a good idea of when to chop the next lot. Which are currently seedlings and cannot wait to get them on the go.

I see you a coco king man, tell me I water everyday at the moment but the coco seems to be staying very moist and I get the feeling like I'm over watering. Is this possible? Been reading that you cannot over water coco?

Yeah looking great man. Really cool. I'd say give her a week still. You want as many of them cloudy as possible with r he restnew clear and Amber. Or a bit more Amber if you want a more narcotic buzz. I usually harvest as soon as the Amber starts showing up. But that's just my personal preference.
Great job man

Cheers Lerugged thanks a lot man. Im gonna harvest around that time but will take a few testers now so long.

Cheers shotta I like that idea, will give me a good idea of when to chop the next lot. Which are currently seedlings and cannot wait to get them on the go.

I see you a coco king man, tell me I water everyday at the moment but the coco seems to be staying very moist and I get the feeling like I'm over watering. Is this possible? Been reading that you cannot over water coco?

Cheers Lerugged thanks a lot man. Im gonna harvest around that time but will take a few testers now so long.

Watering daily is common practice in coco. It’s hard to overwater but is totally possible. Usually in coco when I first drop a clone in its first pot I will skip a day or two to let the roots search for water I use straight coco with nothing else. So if your in a coco perlite mix it becomes more important to be on top of the watering. Another thing is keeping the pots small and going up pot sizes incrementally until you are ready to flower.
If you ever have any questions hit me up Rhys
I got you

Watering daily is common practice in coco. It’s hard to overwater but is totally possible. Usually in coco when I first drop a clone in its first pot I will skip a day or two to let the roots search for water I use straight coco with nothing else. So if your in a coco perlite mix it becomes more important to be on top of the watering. Another thing is keeping the pots small and going up pot sizes incrementally until you are ready to flower.
If you ever have any questions hit me up Rhys
I got you

Thanks shotta, appreciate it man. I'm in coco perlite at 90/10. One more question, do I start nutes from day one of the seedling sprouting?

Yes what will you be using for nutrients? Do you have a ec meter? If you do I would start with .9-1.0 ec

I'm using biobizz (I've read that it's not great for coco but there website reckons it should be)
I do not have an ec meter. Is that something I should look at getting? I figured following the dosage they recommend would be alright? Although I halved the dosages for now

What should I have the ph at? Around 5.6-6?

I'm using biobizz (I've read that it's not great for coco but there website reckons it should be)
I do not have an ec meter. Is that something I should look at getting? I figured following the dosage they recommend would be alright? Although I halved the dosages for now

What should I have the ph at? Around 5.6-6?
You should be ok with half dose I would have went 1/4 but you will know quickly if the 1/2 was too much. I don’t know what your water quality is but having a bottle of cal/mag is gonna be important imo and not the carbonate but the nitrate types of cal mag. Feeding coco with organic nutrients such as biobizz is much harder than a two part coco specific nutrient or a one part soluble like megacrop or many other dry soluble fertilizers.

I was planning on getting the right nutes but lockdown has made that impossible and our president has decided to increase our lockdown by another two weeks. So we have 3 weeks remaining. I can't say I'm against it but wow it's going to make getting supllies dam difficult.

@shottafire what should the pH be of my nute solution for coco feeding?

Your nutrient solution should be 5.8-6.0 but I have never run biobizz nutrients to feed. Some nutrients are chelated differently. But a rule of thumb is anywhere between 5.8 and 6.2 is acceptable. I stay on the lower end thru veg and later on will let it fluctuate more between 5.8 and 6.2

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the feedback.

Heres a couple of photos of the girls heading towards finishing time

Northern lights
IMG_20200409_230547.jpg
IMG_20200409_230604.jpg

Obi Wan kush
IMG_20200409_231025.jpg

Only photos I took tonight but I'm starting to see these frikken spidermites on these plants now as well.

They are at 60 days now. Going to push for as long as I can

Hello boetie ya coco is an everyday water although I sometimes skip a day it all depends on how fast the girls are drinking.... I wish my NL looked( don't covet another mans flowers smeegs naughty boy ) like that last year the blooming runt.....haha
I've used kelpak and nitrosol in coco will no adverse affects but that was a supplementary feed when I ran out of the others....

Tried biobizz once and didn't think much of it to be honest....

Hello boetie ya coco is an everyday water although I sometimes skip a day it all depends on how fast the girls are drinking.... I wish my NL looked( don't covet another mans flowers smeegs naughty boy ) like that last year the blooming runt.....haha
I've used kelpak and nitrosol in coco will no adverse affects but that was a supplementary feed when I ran out of the others....

Tried biobizz once and didn't think much of it to be honest....

Haha thanks smeegs, I can't wait to get the northern lights girls down but at the same time I'm just loving seeing them grow :circle-of-love:

Biobizz did rather well for me In the freedom farms soil, changing to the coco now as it's all I got and I don't have nutrients as everythings closed and there's no shops in my shitty little town that's stocks anything. Only builders shops with little garden sections.

Hey buddy!

Northern lights is looking incredible! You have made me super excited about that strain. Terribly sorry about the mites. I don't have experience in them but what nice is you do now and have leveled up you knowledge first hand. I heard about water curing and wonder if that would of helped against a situation like mites once harvested.

I agree 100% with shotta and penny about the ph levels. As long as you are in that range you are sorted and coco is rather forgiving too. I personally use the feed for weed range. It's 4 bags and about R450 for all 4. Will be :

Screenshot_20200410-195351_Gallery.jpg

Grow - 3.1.6 with trace elements
Calcium nitrate
Flower - 1.3.17 with trace elements
Calmag

Nice thing is all mixtures get mixed the same amounts and lasts very long. Eg. 10g per 10 litres and you have a solution. I use vinegar or lemon drops to ph down since my tap water is 7.1 or so. I will admittedly say most time I would forget or just be lazy to ph balance and nothing went wrong ever. I can understand what happens but nothing really did and that's what makes me love coco just cause there is ro for error.

Hope you are doing well and super keen to see your new DDA's

Shot dk I'm going to look into that line as soon as blady couriers are moving things again so I can get it here. The northern lights has been an awesome strain to grow so far and reasonably quick to finish. Should be done within a day or two as I'm seeing some amber coming out now and I'm going the 10 percentish amber on her. Took a bud and it's drying with no amber just to check her out.

I seem to be over watering my coco so how
IMG_20200411_104420.jpg

Tent for autos never arrived so built myself a box and will see how it goes, not done yet but can't wait to get those ddas inside there
IMG_20200411_104332.jpg

Took down the smaller of the two northern lights girls last night, trimmed off the bigger fan leaves and have put her up to dry. She did 62 days in flower and the trichs were at about 10 percent amber so thought why not.

IMG_20200412_192211.jpg
IMG_20200413_143247.jpg

Back
Top Bottom