Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

Thanks @Lerugged i checked fungus gnat and they seem to be a longer larvae these are more like little oval balls running around..

Research suggest maybe discarding the plants, if they are root aphids apparently they are little bastards to get rid of.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well. Hope the year is fruitful and full of growth

Amphids..… I'd get ontop of them quick. You can wash them with an insecticidal, if you do a search you'll find what folks here have been using. I only had them once, and didn't realize it until it was too late. After that grow, I disinfected the entire room and haven't seen them since.

So today during inspection I found these little shits in my soil and would really like some help trying to identify them. They are only in the soil and not around the plant or leaf at all. I don't see damage to the leaves or stem as of yet but I'm worried they are some sort of larvae or root killing little bastards...

If anybody can help me identify them I would greatly appreciate that. I've researched everything I can and I'm at a loss.

They don't look like spider mites, aphids or white fly so I'm really stuck

Screenshot_20200102_090238_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
IMG_20200102_090219.jpg

Took a closer look at your pics and re-red your description, and then went and re-read the pest thread. I didn't see that you only see them in the dirt and not in the plant, until I re-red:

Symphilids come the closets, based on the pictures and the fact that you said they are only in the soil, and not on the plants themselves. Did you notice them after watering? They apparently will float when you water the plants. Otherwise, they are burrowed down into the soil.

Do you know if the soil was sterilized? I know you said you got it from a friend in town who is doing seedlings. Wondering if he is mixing his own dirt, or if he is buying it sterilized and then mixing it the other stuff.

@Hydroholic

If I check the pest thread on thrips they seem to be longer with more legs and it likens them to a millipede. These are kind of pear-shaped and white as can be almost see through? I literally know nothing though so I'm not sure.

@zeroday

This ipping town I live in is absolutely useless, I had to order all the stuff you mentioned online and have made a plan now with an organic mite and aphid insecticide from a local nursery that they reckon should work

With regards to the soil I'm prettt sure it's the second batch I got in order to up pot which has caused all the shit I'm going through. It's is a locally made soil which after some researched seems to be made by a farmer with too much time on his hands and literally everything he advertises about it is bull crap.

So for now I have sprayed the soil with a insecticide and when I did this they all seem to escape out and come to the surface? I think it may be a good idea to fully drench them. I will send names of the pesticides in a bit and maybe you Can tell me if I'm wasting my time

So today is a better day... For now! Girls just woke up from their 6 our nap and I inspected the soil for any signs of those little bastards and there is no sign of life. Dug around the root ball slightly to inspect and found what I can assume to be dead ones but ko movement at all. I used a pyrethrum based pesticide and nuked the shit into them

1. Spray top wet with diluted oesticide one hour before lights on
2. Come back at lights on and spray againwith diluted pesticide. literally wet the soil.
3. 4 hours later return and flush with pure water.

This seems to have worked for now and plants seem stable, in a day or two I will do this again to ensure that everything is nuked.

Little girls seem alright so far and have had no reaction whatsoever, let's hope it stays that way

Excuse the mess, that's from the war I had with these bastards. Clean up is currently underway

Screenshot_20200103_162710_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Screenshot_20200103_162718_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Thanks @Lerugged @zeroday @Hydroholic for help through this thread

Thanks @OldMedUser @jimbobdaz for the help through my post in pest identification post.

You guys are awesome

So today is a better day... For now! Girls just woke up from their 6 our nap and I inspected the soil for any signs of those little bastards and there is no sign of life. Dug around the root ball slightly to inspect and found what I can assume to be dead ones but ko movement at all. I used a pyrethrum based pesticide and nuked the shit into them

1. Spray top wet with diluted oesticide one hour before lights on
2. Come back at lights on and spray againwith diluted pesticide. literally wet the soil.
3. 4 hours later return and flush with pure water.

This seems to have worked for now and plants seem stable, in a day or two I will do this again to ensure that everything is nuked.

Little girls seem alright so far and have had no reaction whatsoever, let's hope it stays that way

Excuse the mess, that's from the war I had with these bastards. Clean up is currently underway

Screenshot_20200103_162710_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Screenshot_20200103_162718_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Thanks @Lerugged @zeroday @Hydroholic for help through this thread

Thanks @OldMedUser @jimbobdaz for the help through my post in pest identification post.

You guys are awesome

Great job @Rhys777 it's looking much better now!

It's been 2 days now since those pests attacked and I seem to have got rid of them... For now! There's no sign of them I just hope they not hiding away somewhere.

I'm taking the day tomorrow to do a proper clean up of the tent and sort out whatever I can to try prevent something like that happening again.

There is most definitely some growth happening but some of the leaves seem to have taken quite a beating during the fight and I'm going to just wait a day or two and determine if it's related to that or some sort of deficiency (all a learning curve for me)

No need for a feed for the plants today as they seem to all still be drinking up their last watering so not much of an update on anything today except progress on the pests and a Pic or two :)

So the gg#4 girls are the smaller plants and. Temps are high at the moment, experiencing a bit of a heat wave with outside temperatures being above 45 degrees celcius. Aircon has been ordered though and should be arriving on Monday. Then Temps will be kept under control way better

IMG_20200104_232903.jpg
IMG_20200104_232858.jpg

Grabbing a seat, things are looking good! :thumb:

Thanks very much @JCTJ and welcome to my first grow journal. Pull up a chair and please feel free to steer me in the right direction at anytime you like.

Going to post these two pictures here for future reference , I find these very helpful when it comes to determining what is wrong with my plants so far if there are any problems

Screenshot_20200105_065554.jpg

Screenshot_20200105_080841.jpg

So I noticed this little funny looking appendage on my plant this morning, bee. Looking into pre flowering and was just wondering is this what a pre flower would look like?
Screenshot_20200103_221604_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edit : I'm talking about that ball/pear shaped thing next to the new shoot

So I noticed this little funny looking appendage on my plant this morning, bee. Looking into pre flowering and was just wondering is this what a pre flower would look like?
Screenshot_20200103_221604_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edit : I'm talking about that ball/pear shaped thing next to the new shoot
Looks like a male pre flower to me . Give a few days But if it's on a stalk its male . Could very well be female. Fingers crossed

I hope not, best plant I got going at the moment, it's on one of the first shoots that came out of the main stem about 4th node up and 3rd node one that shoot.

OH well atkeast I practiced my growing on it

It's only been 2 days I've been away from the girls and I'm getting withdrawel symptoms already

This hobby seems to consume you...

Can't wait to get home and see what my #marshydro #tsw2000 has done for my plants
You can get Wyze wireless camera from lowes for 25 bucks a camera. They hook right into your wifi so you can look at your girls when away.

Back
Top Bottom