Rick Simpson, Heralded for Curing Cancer Seeks Asylum in Europe

There’s a man from Athol, Nova Scotia, Canada who has caused a stir around the world. About five years ago, he made the shocking claim to have cured cancer. As unbelievable as that sounds, there is viable evidence to support his claim.

You may not have heard of Rick Simpson, many people have not yet had the chance. He’s well known globally in the cannabis community, but the general public has been slow in receiving his whole story.

Simpson makes and distributes a medicinal cannabis extract popularly known as “hemp oil”. He does so without any profit motive. Many patients have claimed to be cured of their ailments, often terminal cancer, by miniscule amounts of this extract.

This pioneer for alternative health solutions was in Europe in November, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) took the opportunity to raid Simpson’s home in Canada. As his house, office, and garden were being trampled through by police, Simpson was accepting an International Freedom Fighter award, thousands of miles away.

“While he has been touring in Europe his residence was raided by the RCMP and rumor has it the DEA was involved as well,” explains friend Desmond Wynnd.

“The newest issue of "High Times" that came out a week or two ago has a lengthy article on his story and it's felt by many this is what prompted the latest raid. He is now seeking political asylum in Europe.”

The 22nd Annual High Times Cannabis Cup was just held in Amsterdam, and there Rick Simpson received the acclaimed honor of "Freedom Fighter of the Year". The special event came on the heels of a European tour Simpson had just completed.

Jack Herer, well-known as “the Hemperor”, author of Emperor Wears No Clothes, had anxiously awaited joining Simpson for the tour in early fall. Sadly, Herer was afflicted with a heart attack in September and is in recovery, but his assistant Chuck Jacobs was able to attend in his stead. Jack Herer and Rick Simpson are of like minds in that they truly believe hemp can save the world. One person at a time.

For five years, Simpson has been diligently working on the behalf of saving lives, challenging the traditional remedies for skin cancer and other cancers, diabetes, as well as many chronic illnesses. He aspires to enlighten the medical community and bring the discussion of curing cancer to a new level. That discussion is widely believed to be more politically motivated than cure goal-oriented.

Though Rick Simpson has helped so many, there are forces that want to stop him, at any cost.

As of December 3rd, Canadian authorities had still not charged Simpson, ten days after the police action. Initially there were discrepancies in available information from the two involved agencies that carried out this police action.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police first claimed that such an action would have been undertaken by the Amherst Police Department, as Simpson’s home falls within their jurisdiction. Amherst PD denied that they incited this action when reached for comment, and deferred inquiry for detail to the RCMP.

Rick Simpson wrote, “If I return home, I will be arrested and put in jail without bail or medicine. I am not afraid of their jails but I cannot go without my medicine, the system has nothing that could help me with my conditions. So for me to return to Canada would be like committing suicide. I would be thrown in jail and denied my medicine and a short time later you would hear in the news that ‘Rick Simpson died of natural causes’.”

"It seems the goal is to keep me from returning home and they succeeded. But to what end? All hemp magazines on this planet are now telling their readers how to heal themselves with this wonderful medicine. If governments want to live in denial, it will be short-lived. We are gaining tens of thousands of followers every day. You cannot stop the truth.”

“For the time being, it seems I will be seeking asylum in Europe.”

The Canadian government’s lack of tolerance for marijuana has been building the last few years, a reaction, some believe, to America’s own drug war. Canadians are feeling the brunt. “They're doing a great job directing hate toward Americans when it's undeserved. I haven't met a bad American yet. In the end, we have to take care of ourselves and each other,” Wynnd said.

One theory on limiting a person’s ability to share information is to incarcerate them. That’s a pretty easy solution. A fellow Canadian, Marc Emery, can vouch for that, out on bail for selling cannabis seeds. He is currently scheduled to be extradited to the United States for a sentence of five years in US federal prison.

Perpetrators of the incarceration strategy believe that eventually the subject may lose support of their advocates, the costs will mount up, and just getting through the drama of arrest, red tape and humiliation that follows will be enough to distract even the most passionate, motivated activists.

But Rick isn’t like “most” activists.

He’s been arrested twice in the past, and his medicinal Cannabis plants confiscated. Both times, he was able to reason with the judicial system and continue living freely. Where the maximum penalty has been 12 years imprisonment in one of these instances, the courts instead levied a $2,000 fine.

“Last time he was arrested, the judge wouldn't send him to jail because the judge believed it would be a crime to lock up Rick Simpson, it’s all public record,” said Wynnd. “During his last trial he had doctors and patients lining up to testify for him. Even Narcotic officers have sent people to Rick so he could help them.”

“Mr. Simpson is in an unusual position, because unlike other people engaged in the drug trade, he was not engaged in trafficking for financial gain," said Judge Carole Beaton. "He was engaged in an altruistic activity and was firm in his belief that he was helping others,” she said after Rick Simpson’s sentencing for his second offense in healing dying cancer patients with hemp oil.

Rick Simpson didn’t start out as a crusader to stamp out cancer. He started out as an average guy, first as a steel worker, then in maintenance at a hospital in the boiler room. In his early twenties, Simpson suffered through the loss of a cousin to cancer. That long, exasperating experience changed him forever. He heard some reports about hemp’s healing qualities, and wondered if things would have gone differently for his cousin, had hemp been an option.

For someone who had never even smoked marijuana, this was a very foreign, open-minded idea. The thought provoked some personal research though and later proved very beneficial.

After 25 years working at the hospital, Simpson was in a serious accident causing a temporary nervous-system shutdown, within hours he developed an unbearable ringing in his ears. The doctors tried to find a solution for over a year, and gave up. Not willing to accept his life sentence of daily drugs that altered his memory and other side effects, he asked about medical marijuana, to no avail. So, he began his own research, and experimented with making oil. What he discovered...worked.

To be clear, Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil isn’t hemp oil in the truest sense. Hemp is the Cannabis (marijuana) plant, specifically the stalk and leaves raised mainly for industrial use, with extremely low THC. Rick Simpson’s oil is made exclusively from the Cannabis flowers, or buds. Not to be confused with hemp seed oil, a very different product, Rick Simpson’s hemp oil is a very pure cannabis extract made from high quality buds with a very high THC content.

In 2003, Simpson had three spots on his skin that his doctor believed to be skin cancer. The doctor removed and biopsied one, which then became infected and didn't heal. Almost on a whim, Simpson applied hemp oil directly to that sore and the other two spots. In only four days, all three cancerous spots were gone. A miracle? Maybe so, but it isn’t a lone event.

Once he started sharing his success story with others, people lined up to try the hemp oil. Jack Herer is an avid supporter of Simpson’s, always ready to demonstrate his personal success as the oil healed many long-term diabetic lesions on his legs. Herer would be the first to say that Rick Simpson’s Hemp Oil is miraculous.

Rick Simpson has never charged a patient for the hemp oil he creates. He not only teaches people how to make the extract and provides it to the ailing folks who request it, but he also uses it for a variety of his own medical issues. He freely lists the recipe on his site.

What will happen next for Rick Simpson remains to be seen. One thing is for sure though, raiding and seizing his home does not make the police look like the good guys. This type of action only propogates further division in society, turning civilians and police away from one another.

“People are dying needlessly when there's a cure we all can grow on our own, or have provided to us,” Desmond Wynnd said. “This is all a waste of energy, when we could be helping sick people. That's all Rick is trying to do.”

“Why are all these people trying to avoid such a simple truth? If I am in some way wrong in what I have been saying then I invite the system to come and prove it. I would be happy to put on a public demonstration of what this (hemp) oil can do.” —Rick Simpson

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 Magazine
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Bonnie King
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Man Heralded for Curing Cancer Seeks Asylum in Europe

it sure is nice seeing all the hemp movement now focusing on this issue.
when we all stand united with this very issue-thc hemp oil!
under the leadership of this great man rick simpson.
the walls will come down!
thc hemp oil is the issue that ends their right to hunt us down over this wonderful medicine!
the greatest genocide in the history is in full swing!
the global holocaust of human beings that use the hemp plant!
now is the time for all the users of the hemp plant to come out of the closets!
email your pm, presidents and all parliaments on the globe!
FORWARD ON LETS END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
yes we can...
rick is in need of funds in order to continue this fight from europe.
so please take time to visit phoenixtears ....id put the site up but this site does not want it posted here.
once again please take the time to email.......
the hemp revolution has begun!
stand up and be counted !
peace and love
mark

You can count me in too, This man is the very reason i signed up as a caregiver in Michigan..Rock on Rick!!! :roorrip:

One of our Canadian news networks did a story on the guy.He has this process where he works the bud down to a thick paste.People use it as a cream and it was supposed to have cured all kinds of ailments,including melanoma.The guy was doing it for whatever people could afford.If they couldn't afford to pay,he gave it to them.He had so many patients that he was asking for help.The police had warned him but he hadn't been charged.I can't remember but I think it was CBC.He grew beautiful bud.:peace:He was sending his paste to people in syringes.I'm wondering if that freaked the cops out.They were the kind kids use to take medicine and had no points.Who knows what set them off.Maybe being on television?

One of our Canadian news networks did a story on the guy.He has this process where he works the bud down to a thick paste.People use it as a cream and it was supposed to have cured all kinds of ailments,including melanoma.The guy was doing it for whatever people could afford.If they couldn't afford to pay,he gave it to them.He had so many patients that he was asking for help.The police had warned him but he hadn't been charged.I can't remember but I think it was CBC.He grew beautiful bud.:peace:He was sending his paste to people in syringes.I'm wondering if that freaked the cops out.They were the kind kids use to take medicine and had no points.Who knows what set them off.Maybe being on television?

Right. You can find more information by googling Rick+Simpson Run+From+The+Cure which is his 8 part youtube telling his story and showing how to make the oil. Also, google Rick+Simpson PhoenixTears.

Rick is an awesome Canadian - you must be proud!

This is such a mixed story for all Canadians.The guy is a hero and the cops(RCMP)want to toss him in prison to where he's sitting in Europe with this award he got and can't come home for fear of prison.I don't blame him for not wanting to come back into Dorchester.Thanks to the poster of the links.When Marc Emery was allowed out on bail I thought that Harper and company might just have come to their senses.Obviously not.

Summons issued for cannabis crusader

AMHERST – Rick Simpson, convicted once on marijuana charges, is facing more production and possession charges following a raid at his Athol home last month.

A summons has been issued for Simpson, who is in Europe, to appear in provincial court Jan. 11 to answer to the charges.

He’s facing one count each of possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking and unlawful production of marijuana.

He’s also facing one count of possession of a weapon while prohibited from doing so and placing a device intended for bodily harm.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: amherstdaily.com
Copyright: 2009 Amherst Daily News
Contact: The Amherst Daily News, Nova Scotia: Send Us Your Comments
Website: The Amherst Daily News, Nova Scotia: Local News | Summons issued for cannabis crusader

Harrasment to the nth degree, I think they should give him a medal instead.:roorrip:

Summons issued for cannabis crusader

AMHERST — Rick Simpson, convicted once on marijuana charges, is facing more production and possession charges following a raid at his Athol home last month.

A summons has been issued for Simpson, who is in Europe, to appear in provincial court Jan. 11 to answer to the charges.

He's facing one count each of possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking and unlawful production of marijuana.

He's also facing one count of possession of a weapon while prohibited from doing so and placing a device intended for bodily harm.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: amherstdaily.com
Copyright: 2009 Amherst Daily News
Contact: The Amherst Daily News, Nova Scotia: Send Us Your Comments
Website: The Amherst Daily News, Nova Scotia: Local News | Summons issued for cannabis crusader

Too bad the device didn't work but then the cops have been up his ass for years.I'm sure they knew exactly where everything was.As for the gun,we're talking about out in the country here.Everyone has a rifle.You are considered a dangerous criminal in Canada if you possess marijuana without permission from the government.Good luck on that front as only 4,000 out of 33 million have it.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom