Rickster Has Amnesia: CBD & Maybe OG Kush?

New day and CBD and Amnesia got fed. Amnesia is still big and bushy and drinking up her water within two days. I upped her feed to 5g/gal megacrop. She got 1.5 gallons so there was some runoff. There was no more evidence of any cal/mag deficiency, so I'm erring on the side of caution and NOT adding any cal/mag. I am hoping to keep this an all megacrop grow and adding other supplements complicates things. CBD got a feeding at the same 2.5g/gal that she has been getting. Mild signs of N toxicity should be a sign to me and I'm going to try and pay attention.

Amnesia:

IMG_1256.jpg

CBD:

IMG_1255.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_1253.jpg

Happy Growing!

Weekend Update:
"Jane you ignorant s!$+" Oops, wrong weekend update.

So Amnesia plant keeps on soaking up water and megacrop about as fast as I can provide it. I got a little more aggressive with defoliation and removed a bunch of small shoots that were trying to make it up through the middle of the canopy. I removed two big piles like this:

IMG_1259.jpg

But I know I could be even more aggressive. I never know how far to push defoliation on an auto. Anyone have an opinion? No different than a photo?

Amnesia plant is really starting to stretch now and show some pre-flower activity, but nothing serious yet. I don't mind waiting as long as she stays looking healthy. Her leaves are a very deep verdant color, so I kept the megacrop at 5g/gal. No more evidence of any cal/mag deficiency, but the pathetic little CBD is, and won't be ready for a feeding for a couple days. She's just not drinking much.

Here is Amnesia before I was finished with defoliation:

IMG_1258.jpg

OG Kush getting fuller and I stretched her open just a bit. She'll need to get taller for me to do much more LST, but being almost pure indica, who knows how much she'll stretch.

IMG_1262.jpg

CBD (Bless it, as the wife would say)

IMG_1263.jpg

Group shot (with a moron's thumb almost over the lens. LOL):

IMG_1264.jpg

Happy Growing!

Plants are looking good, Rickster, even the little CBD!

Regarding defoliation to autos, I like to take off everything that might not make it to the top of the canopy. That usually means almost all of the stems growing from near the bottom of the plant. Resist the temptation to try and get as many buds as you can, but try to get as many fat buds as you can. :Rasta:

Plants are looking good, Rickster, even the little CBD!

Regarding defoliation to autos, I like to take off everything that might not make it to the top of the canopy. That usually means almost all of the stems growing from near the bottom of the plant. Resist the temptation to try and get as many buds as you can, but try to get as many fat buds as you can. :Rasta:

Thank you! I believe you about defoliation. I was pulling a lot of little shoots out from the bottom that never would amount to anything, but I know I need to do a bit more. Since I'm still a bit green at this, I'm always afraid to cut too much. The last pic in the tent is after I finished defoliating. You can see it's less full than in the earlier pic, but again, I need to keep up defoliating.

Weekend Update:
"Jane you ignorant s!$+" Oops, wrong weekend update.

So Amnesia plant keeps on soaking up water and megacrop about as fast as I can provide it. I got a little more aggressive with defoliation and removed a bunch of small shoots that were trying to make it up through the middle of the canopy. I removed two big piles like this:

IMG_1259.jpg

But I know I could be even more aggressive. I never know how far to push defoliation on an auto. Anyone have an opinion? No different than a photo?

Amnesia plant is really starting to stretch now and show some pre-flower activity, but nothing serious yet. I don't mind waiting as long as she stays looking healthy. Her leaves are a very deep verdant color, so I kept the megacrop at 5g/gal. No more evidence of any cal/mag deficiency, but the pathetic little CBD is, and won't be ready for a feeding for a couple days. She's just not drinking much.

Here is Amnesia before I was finished with defoliation:

IMG_1258.jpg

OG Kush getting fuller and I stretched her open just a bit. She'll need to get taller for me to do much more LST, but being almost pure indica, who knows how much she'll stretch.

IMG_1262.jpg

CBD (Bless it, as the wife would say)

IMG_1263.jpg

Group shot (with a moron's thumb almost over the lens. LOL):

IMG_1264.jpg

Happy Growing!
Well shit. I'm glad to see the crappy braces working for ya temporarily. New ones will look nicer.

Well shit. I'm glad to see the crappy braces working for ya temporarily. New ones will look nicer.
Nothing crappy about them. I don’t mind being a beta tester. Good thing I have them. I’m trying to bring the humidity and temp down a bit, so I have the inline fan turned up a bit.

Nothing crappy about them. I don’t mind being a beta tester. Good thing I have them. I’m trying to bring the humidity and temp down a bit, so I have the inline fan turned up a bit.
Ohya. So. I learned. Didn't pay attention to when you said gorilla tent. Didn't look up the pole size. So I fixed that second time. But made it too small and too thin. These next ones are final version. Production version.

Crap, I've got a poorly CBD plant. She's not drinking much, her pot feels as heavy as it did on Thursday when she was fed. Her signs of Mg deficiency are weird. She's got some tip burn like nute burn even though her megacrop dose is quite low at 2.5g/gal., but on the other hand, showing inter veinal chlorosis on the top fans and brown spots that look like cal/mag deficiency on some of the other leaves. Her feeding has been low because she's been quite dark green with clawing leaf tips like N toxicity, but now I'm wondering if that was not right? pH of the nutes is usually around 6.3-6.6. All three plants are growing in the same bag of FFOF soil.

What am I missing? The other two plants are doing fabulously, so the environment is ok. 67-77F and 50-60% rH. She's not ready for a water, but should I give her a feed anyway? Flush? Give some epsom salts? She's got a long way to go and she's fragile anyway, so I'll take any advice. @farside05 @InTheShed , @MrSauga anyone who might help?

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

She's only got the one real cola developing, but I fear this plant might be a write off. :(

Thanks for the tag Rick.
What type of medium are you in. I looked quickly at the beginning of the thread but didn't pick it up right away.

Running Fox Farms Ocean Forest with a few tablespoons of dolomite lime and a cup of extra perlite that was Then divided equally Into 5 gal smart pots. So far I’ve given nothing but megacrop. This CBD had a slow start and a poorly done fim that didn’t do anything but grow some cut off leaves. It’s been showing what I thought was N toxicity all along.

I think your medium may be out of whack with the added dolomite. That will raise the pH and it's quite possible now you're buffering too high.
Before you do anything you should check the pH in the medium with a slurry test. The dolomite also added a bunch of Ca and Mg which may be causing problems too.

Check this link and scroll down until you see the method called Slurry Test. Once you know what that value is we can help determine what the issue may be.

I think your medium may be out of whack with the added dolomite. That will raise the pH and it's quite possible now you're buffering too high.
Before you do anything you should check the pH in the medium with a slurry test. The dolomite also added a bunch of Ca and Mg which may be causing problems too.

Check this link and scroll down until you see the method called Slurry Test. Once you know what that value is we can help determine what the issue may be.

Just to be clear, it was probably about a tablespoon per 5 gallon planter or less and all three plants have the same medium. The other two are perfect and growing like gangbusters. I'll do a slurry test like we did on my last grow, but I do thing something else is wrong. Last grow I'm pretty certain it was the heat that beat up the LSD-25 and at the end, even my big Blue Dream'matic but this time heat and humidity has been well controlled. I'll have time to do the slurry test at lunch or tomorrow morning. The crazy thing is that the pot just doesn't seem to be drying. Four days and this morning it still felt about as heavy as when I had just watered on Thursday. I do wonder if now the roots are drowning despite the fabric pots. It doesn't look any worse this morning so maybe a bit of a dry out as well is needed.

Thanks for the help!

The other two are perfect and growing like gangbusters. I'll do a slurry test like we did on my last grow, but I do thing something else is wrong.
Sure thing. I'm not saying that is the issue, but I start with the basics first. Once you know the pH you can decide to add nutes, reduce nutes, change nutes, other issues such as light or heat, etc. Knowing the pH when a plant is deficient is quite important and one test can go a long way in diagnosing a problem.
Hopefully the others will chime in to get more opinions.

Sure thing. I'm not saying that is the issue, but I start with the basics first. Once you know the pH you can decide to add nutes, reduce nutes, change nutes, other issues such as light or heat, etc. Knowing the pH when a plant is deficient is quite important and one test can go a long way in diagnosing a problem.
Hopefully the others will chime in to get more opinions.

So the slurry test is done. I started with distilled water that was pH of 7.3 and after 30 minutes of mixing my slurry it was 6.0.
The plant pot is still quite heavy and my moisture meter shows the soil is quite damp once you get down a few inches. I do see white, healthy looking bits of root that has been air pruned all around the bottom so it looks like the root system is certainly well developed, but it's just not drinking much. Maybe I gave too much last time, but one gallon feed for a 5 gallon planter is what I've used in the past and with the other two plants and they're doing great. It's been four days since last feeding.

The plant pot is still quite heavy and my moisture meter shows the soil is quite damp once you get down a few inches. I do see white, healthy looking bits of root that has been air pruned all around the bottom so it looks like the root system is certainly well developed, but it's just not drinking much. Maybe I gave too much last time, but one gallon feed for a 5 gallon planter is what I've used in the past and with the other two plants and they're doing great.
Overall the plant is smaller than the other ones so she's probably not drinking as much. The pH could be a little higher for that FFOF but I don't think it's far enough off to cause issues.
So really the plant to me is doing fine. The loss of color now is most likely due to a lack of nutes. Since it's taking so long to dry out the nutes are most likely not strong enough. You were at 2.5g I believe so bump it up to 3 or 3.5g next time and see how she responds.

Overall the plant is smaller than the other ones so she's probably no drinking as much. The pH could be a little higher for that FFOF but I don't think it's far enough off to cause issues.
So really the plant to me is doing fine. The loss of color now is most likely due to a lack of nutes. Since it's taking so long to dry out the nutes are most likely not strong enough. You were at 2.5g I believe so bump it up to 3 or 3.5g next time and see how she responds.

OK, I'll give it another day or so to dry and add another gram of megacrop to the mix. As long as I can get enough flower on this CBD to make myself some CBD back cream to help my miserable back, I'll be happy. My OG and Amnesia ought to produce plenty of THC filled bud.

Thanks for the help. I'll post the results. :passitleft:

I dunno about that, as being off over half a point on the upside was enough to make my plants complain. So bumping the MC will serve to both feed the plant and slowly raise the pH. Maybe not fast enough, but eventually.
Well soil pH ranges are fine from 5.5 -7.5 depending on what site the info is pulled from, so although at the low end it's still enough for nutrient uptake. Adding MC will increase the pH as we know so yes it would be fine to add more imo.

Update time:

I've been a bit busy and have lost a bit of track of where I am. Amnesia plant is needing water/feed nearly every day. I am removing more and more shoots trying to get up through the middle of the canopy. but she's still bushy as heck and stretching like mad. I have moved the light up nearly every day. She comes up to my belt line now and I think is the largest plant I've grown so far. I would be very happy if she stopped stretching and started putting more effort into flowering. No hint so far of any deficiencies or problems. Not a burned tip anywhere.

OG Kush is stretching a bit and showing early pistils. Overall, she looks great and like the Amnesia, not a burned tip anywhere so far.

CBD still looks a bit pathetic but not too much worse than over the weekend. I did give an increased feeding along with a bit of organic cal/mag.

Last feed data:

CBD: 3.5g/gallon and got a half gallon (because she was still a bit damp)
OG Kush: 3.5 g/gallon and got a full gallon
Amnesia: 5.25g/gal and got a full gallon

Full tent pic: Sorry, the glass camera lens cover on my iPhone is cracked and certain pics really show it off.

IMG_1283.jpg

From above you can see Amnesia dominating the space. I'm giving OG more light now since Amnesia needs to be thinking it's Autumn.
IMG_1287.jpg

Amnesia:

IMG_1282.jpg

Lots of bud sites starting
IMG_1289.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_1285.jpg

CBD: Too early to tell if what I gave her yesterday will help.

IMG_1284.jpg

Happy Growing Everyone!

Back
Top Bottom