Rickster Has Amnesia: CBD & Maybe OG Kush?

Again, today the Amnesia plant needed more defoliation and more food and water. I've never had such a plant before. Is this typical of pure sativa plants? (at least as pure as an auto can be). She is constantly sending up new shoots (?) toward the canopy and I keep cutting them off. I'm about ready to just leave her to it. I upped her feed to 5.5g/gallon and gave a gallon which is about as much as the 5 gallon pot will hold. I'll do a gallon and a half next time to get some runoff. OG doesn't have any more spots showing up and both plants have had a bit of dolomite lime topdressing to the soil. I use pellets, so they dissolve in slowly. Every plant I've ever grown has had some signs of Ca or Mg deficiency and my soil is running fairly low pH, so I figure it can't hurt.

Amnesia is starting to show trichomes on some of the top flowers as well. OG Kush is definitely in flower now and so I'm now trying to do the opposite of before. I'm trying to bring the temps down a couple degrees and the humidity down as well. I'm running about 74F and 55-60%, even though the room is at 45%.

Amnesia:

IMG_1300.jpg

Trichomes starting on the flowers:

IMG_1298.jpg

CBD main cola (sorry, focus was being thrown off by the leaves on the OG:

IMG_0263.jpg

OG Flowering:

IMG_0259.jpg

:yummy::yummy:

Edit: OK, gross. I need to pick my spare facial hare out of the flower!
Your amnesia looks amazing rickstertp! She looks big and bushy man, well done. :headbanger:

Some sativas will keep putting out new growth. They are the harder of the two to determine when to harvest.

What type of water are you using Rick? I use FFOF all the time and never had to add lime unless the soil is old. How much Ca and Mg are in the dolomite pellets?
Have you thought about adding calmag instead of the dolomite?

I am using new water to me that has calcium, but I don't know if the form is usable. We bought a new house last year with a well that had pH of 5.4 that literally had been eating out the copper pipes for years. Now that I've bought the house, we find out that all the copper may have to be replaced. Anyway, we had to control this and had a whole house buffering system put in that uses something called calcite, which is a form of calcium carbonate. This is the first grow since starting this system and I am using the water as it comes out of the tap because when mixed with megacrop gives a pH of about 6.3-6.7. I was hoping to not add anything. Now I have not just bumped megacrop week by week, but taken a more watch and bump method and I may have missed the need to bump up and simply need to increase megacrop and plan to do so next feeding (which may be today). I started to get spots a couple weeks ago on the Amnesia and watered in some dolomite pellets and have not seen any more, so I'm hoping for the same with the OG. I like the pellets because they go in slowly and I've seen growers who recommend a cup or so in a 5 gallon pot and I probably have a tenth of that, so I don't think I'm going to overdo it. I do have cal/mag from a couple of different makers that I can try.
espomagarenlime.jpg

I also have some powdered stuff, but I am afraid to use that since it will go into solution much more rapidly.

Thanks for weighing in. I always appreciate input from you folks with more experience and your plants are amazing! Now I'm off to the garden room to see how we're doing this morning.

I am using new water to me that has calcium, but I don't know if the form is usable. We bought a new house last year with a well that had pH of 5.4 that literally had been eating out the copper pipes for years. Now that I've bought the house, we find out that all the copper may have to be replaced. Anyway, we had to control this and had a whole house buffering system put in that uses something called calcite, which is a form of calcium carbonate.
OK I apologize as I remember you explaining in detail this already. Honestly it sounds like you are on top of everything. It could be just a learning curve right now with all the changes that have happened.
The good news is that you have seen improvement on the lack of spotting so you're heading in the right direction.

Thank you so much! The best plant I've grown so far. Hopefully she stays healthy to the end. :party:
Hopefully? I don’t know man, I see no reason why she won’t remain healthy. It’s easy to see she’s well taken care of. :passitleft:

OK I apologize as I remember you explaining in detail this already. Honestly it sounds like you are on top of everything. It could be just a learning curve right now with all the changes that have happened.
The good news is that you have seen improvement on the lack of spotting so you're heading in the right direction.

Yeah, I just went up and fed OG. I upped it to 5.25g/gal and scattered a half tablespoon of the lime pellets around before I watered. There were no more spotted leaves than before, but I don't think the lime will hurt. I think I just needed to up the megacrop a bit.

After a week(?) or more the CBD was finally dry enough to take a half gallon of stronger megacrop also. I upped it to 4.25g/gal. I'm sure Amnesia will be thirsty again this afternoon or tomorrow morning and I think I'm going to bump her up a bit as well to make sure it has all it needs to produce flowers. I did order some bud explosion from Greenleaf. If it shows up this week, I may try a bit. I'm on version 2 of MC I think. I still have the little white balls (Not those little white balls! LOL). I will proceed with caution if I do use it.

So, I fed Amnesia this morning and did more defoliation. She looks good and got 5.5g/gal megacrop and got about a gallon and a quarter with some runoff.

OG Kush on the other hand is worrying me now. I have a bit more brown on the upper fan leaves. Has to be Ca right? Do I need to add calmag on her next feeding? Bump the megacrop to 6.0? @MrSauga ? Anyone else have an idea? It is still not extensive, maybe a dozen leaves that I can see, but I don't want it to get worse.

IMG_0268.JPG

Thanks folks!

I will chime in while we wait for MrSauga... Ca deficiency plus light green, to me means to bump up the MC one notch, but never would it convince me to add outside supplements.

Hey there! :ciao: Thanks for chiming in. So she got 5.25g/gal yesterday. When she is ready in a day or so should I just bump it up to 6grams? It is growing faster the past several days, so I am thinking it can take it. I appreciate your input. :thanks:

So, this morning the existing damage to the few leaves of the OG was a little more progressed, however there were no new leaves involved. So, she got a feed of 5.62g/gal megacrop. I was shooting for 5.5g, but a couple of those little balls fell into the cup and I just left them for 5.62 grams. I gave her a full gallon and we'll see what she looks like in a couple of days.
Amnesia will likely be dry when I go home for lunch or at the end of the day. She's still on an every day feeding and still getting a tiny bit taller, although the stretch is pretty much over.

Nothing really different to see and I'm working three days back to back which is hard on an old man with a back like mine, so I may not post a lot but I'll be lurking when I can.

Update:

OG Kush is getting thirsty and was ready. The damage on her leaves is a bit worse and the plant is still pretty pale green on top compared to the lower growth and to the plants next to her. I know I'm being impatient, but looking at the Fastbuds OG info it specifically says to give big doses of fertilizer, so I bumped it up to 6g/gal and gave her a gallon. CBD was actually pretty dry and got a feeding of 4g/gal. Her flowers are actually filling in pretty well. Amnesia got 5.5g/gal yesterday afternoon.

CBD plant actually doesn't look too terrible:

IMG_0270.jpg

OG Kush is overall still a very healthy looking plant:

IMG_0272.jpg

Top view shows the color of the new leaves compared to the Amnesia to the right
:

IMG_0275.jpg

Group shot:

IMG_0273.jpg

Happy Growing!

They're all still producing nice buds. Amnesia and CBD look great. Nicely done Rick.

Thank you! After my fiasco with that LSD-25 plant last grow I'm probably a bit too worried about a few spotted leaves, but as long as the plant is healthy I should be grateful. Hope you have a fantabulous weekend! :ganjamon:

Weekend update:

OG Kush has gotten thirsty and when I went in the tent to get Amnesia to feed I was surprised to find that OG was already dry down to about the last couple of inches of soil, so she got another feed of 6.0g/gal of megacrop. I also got my Bud Explosion yesterday, so she got a gram of that in her gallon of feed. Amnesia seems happy at 5.5g/gal of megacrop and she also got a gram/gallon and got a bit more than a gallon of feed. Both plants have trichomes starting to proliferate and the CBD plant in her little corner is also starting to develop some. It will be another day or so before it is ready to feed again.

Amnesia:

IMG_0278.jpg

Flowers starting to get frosty:

IMG_0280.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_0284.jpg

Overall, everyone is happy and I hope you all have a great weekend! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Weekend update:

OG Kush has gotten thirsty and when I went in the tent to get Amnesia to feed I was surprised to find that OG was already dry down to about the last couple of inches of soil, so she got another feed of 6.0g/gal of megacrop. I also got my Bud Explosion yesterday, so she got a gram of that in her gallon of feed. Amnesia seems happy at 5.5g/gal of megacrop and she also got a gram/gallon and got a bit more than a gallon of feed. Both plants have trichomes starting to proliferate and the CBD plant in her little corner is also starting to develop some. It will be another day or so before it is ready to feed again.

Amnesia:

IMG_0278.jpg

Flowers starting to get frosty:

IMG_0280.jpg

OG Kush:

IMG_0284.jpg

Overall, everyone is happy and I hope you all have a great weekend! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:
Looking good, Rickster! Nice colors on those leaves. :Rasta:

Looking great riskster! Next time I grow some OG kush I’m coming to you for advice because yours looks much better than mine did! :thumb:

Thanks! It’s really been a pretty easy plant until I got behind on its nutritional needs. I think I have it back on track.

Back
Top Bottom